DWAD vs ONYX

stateofgracebritney

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DWAD. The production is amazing and its just a Huge show! The water, her being in the air, the upside down thing, the everything! The dancing! We got oldschool britney but also new **** one! Nice outfits! AMAZING dancing! And i prefer her attitude in DWAD. Less slutty/bitchy. I only dislike the weird LMBTLTK voice tone, wth were they thinking !? Lol and the awful Anticipating performance. But thats all. But Onyx comes right after!!

6 hours ago, BritneyIcon said:

No live moment has ever been as chill-inducing as DWAD's encore. It was pure magic, especially in person. I'll never forget how the humidity in the room changed once the waterfall began. The lasers shimmering through the water... The slow, dramatic descent from the platform back down to the stage... It was perfect. 

The humidity changed... That’s beautiful. Reads like a book. 

DWAD all the way... never saw it live... but even watching it on tape was pure magic. Her speech before NAG and the dancing... the whole theme and her attitude and beauty... it all came together... she also performaed some of her best self written songs... like Weakness, You were my home and My love was always there <3 I wish we had demos from the recording studio of those songs... Mystic man was interesting, too. :) DWAD was A LEVEL!!! Can't be compared even if ITZney was more into herself and already in a state of rebellion. 

Both amazing for different reasons. I loved the epic production of DWAD, although there were a couple performances that seemed completely out of place and unnecessary. I liked that Britney was front and center of Onyx - and she was more than capable of doing that back then. I've also really loved the theme, although it could have done without the drag master guy.. and incorporating cabaret and jazz is something I have always wanted her to do more of.

DWADT imo is THE show! :staysalty:

Don't get me wrong TOHT is great too but... idk... i didn't like few things like the stage, that guy that appeared way too many times and another thing that i dislike about TOHT (downvote me all you want but i'm just being honest) is the kiss during BOM... :ehum: idk i feel like it was kinda "forced" and i feel like she was trying to say: "see? i'm a grown woman, i can do whatever i want" :yeaok: i might be wrong but this is how i feel like when i watch that show (and especially that performance) :ehidk: but besides that TOHT is a good show! :thirsty:

Both are great tours and two of her best but I've always preferred DWAD. It was was just a spectacular pop show, I loved a lot of the special effects used during the performances, Britney's dancing was at her best. The costumes were really good as well and I loved a lot of the remixes too, the BOMT remix is my fave tour remix of hers and was an amazing performance which used the water pump.

I do like Onyx as well though, I loved the theme/concept, the costumes, Britney's dancing was amazing on this tour too, the cabaret version of BOMT was interesting and Britney sounded great on it. I also loved the brunette hair she had for the Showtime special, but I prefer watching DWAD.

9 minutes ago, LostInAnImage said:

/End thread. :tiffanynod:

Okurr!  Like, HBO's DWAD Special was so polished and elevated.  Mesmerizing.  My little teenage heart could not take it!

Archived