DWAD vs ONYX

stateofgracebritney

Her best tours imo. But which one really is the best? I love Britney album 2001, but I also love itz. In terms of choreo, we can’t really compare it easily, like, which one is better? Boys, Overprotected and Slave are hard to choose. In terms of props, video interludes, music, energy, dancing it goes to Onyx; DWAD did, however, had some live moments unlike onyx, only shadow and everytime. So I guess my favorite, because of overall better dancing and concept. DWAD is on fire tho, my second favorite Britney tour! What is you guys’ opinion?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DWAD all day, EVERY damn day over ONYX. I hated Onyx. I hate how watered down the show was (production wise) compared to DWAD. I get that Britney wanted a more up-close & personal show, but I don't understand why they was no pyro and stuff. It was boring. The screens were pretty. The costumes were nice. But ehh... DWAD is the best. DWAD & Oops for me. ♥

1 hour ago, ItsBraydenBitch said:

DWAD 100%. Maybe because I have strong memories attached to it, maybe because it’s flawless from start to finish...

Me too. I saw it live on HBO when it aired. I was 15. I had to go to my aunts house to watch it with my bestie because neither of us had hbo. From start to finish, our jaws were on the floor. f**king phenomenal.

No live moment has ever been as chill-inducing as DWAD's encore. It was pure magic, especially in person. I'll never forget how the humidity in the room changed once the waterfall began. The lasers shimmering through the water... The slow, dramatic descent from the platform back down to the stage... It was perfect. As solid of a show that Onyx was, neither the opening nor the encore gave me the same feeling. It was also much more scaled-down as a show. For me, DWAD is quintessentially Britney and an example of the perfect pop show -- the atmosphere was truly dreamlike, which was consistent with its theme/narrative, the costumes were made for the stage, yet still very Britney, the choreography was slick, and the production was insane -- and that was nearly 20 years ago!

I actually mentioned to Domination's creative directors that fans have been craving another big "wow" moment like DWAD's encore. I'm still so curious as to what Wade Robson would've come up with for the Circus tour by the way... But I think Nappytabs will bring the goods for Domination.

Art can't be measured but IMO, DWAD stood out for its choreographies and stage production, there wasn't anything that wasn't rehearsed 1000000000 times :lessons:

BUT, on the other hand, there's the fiercest and sexiest Britney's tour ever, I don't think we will get another wild show as wld as the OHT was, from the raunchy outfits and setlists, the theme, ofc the album promoted (I think Im a little biased LoL) and ofc more than anything her ATTITUDE!!! :yesplease: the entire ITZ era screamed: I WANT TO BE FREEEEEEEEE!!! 

I do admit the DWAD was THAT tour, but the Onyx Hotel Tour, it's the one that keeps in my heart :tiffhair:

Art can't be measured but IMO, DWAD stood out for its choreographies and stage production, there wasn't anything that wasn't rehearsed 1000000000 times :lessons:

BUT, on the other hand, there's the fiercest and sexiest Britney's tour ever, I don't think we will get another wild show as wld as the OHT was, from the raunchy outfits and setlists, the theme, ofc the album promoted (I think Im a little biased LoL) and ofc more than anything her ATTITUDE!!! :yesplease: the entire ITZ era screamed: I WANT TO BE FREEEEEEEEE!!! 

I do admit the DWAD was THAT tour, but the Onyx Hotel Tour, it's the one that keeps in my heart :tiffhair:

Archived