DWAD vs ONYX

stateofgracebritney

On 11/7/2018 at 8:39 PM, BritneyIcon said:

No live moment has ever been as chill-inducing as DWAD's encore. It was pure magic, especially in person. I'll never forget how the humidity in the room changed once the waterfall began. The lasers shimmering through the water... The slow, dramatic descent from the platform back down to the stage... It was perfect. As solid of a show that Onyx was, neither the opening nor the encore gave me the same feeling. It was also much more scaled-down as a show. For me, DWAD is quintessentially Britney and an example of the perfect pop show -- the atmosphere was truly dreamlike, which was consistent with its theme/narrative, the costumes were made for the stage, yet still very Britney, the choreography was slick, and the production was insane -- and that was nearly 20 years ago!

I actually mentioned to Domination's creative directors that fans have been craving another big "wow" moment like DWAD's encore. I'm still so curious as to what Wade Robson would've come up with for the Circus tour by the way... But I think Nappytabs will bring the goods for Domination.

couldn't agree more with you.!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, MeAgainstTheMusic_ said:

I love both tours equally BUT I think Onyx was more my kind of show. She was so **** and confident during that tour. The set list was fire :tomh:

Although in saying that I think she was feeling the DWAD tour more. She seemed in a happier place in her life during that tour. By Onyx she was kind of over it and wanted to stop touring. 

5 hours ago, rck92 said:

DWAD hands down. Onyx was **** and great but you can tell she was kind of over it with this tour.

Exactly! She was more into DWAD I think. It was that time of her life where she was at her popularity peak and 100% committed to music: singing and dancing was all she had to do. Onyx is my second favorite because you know, Kevin joined her while on tour and the rest is history, which to me is one of the reasons why not all of the shows got to be Miami/Lisbon level. But that is just my opinion.

16 hours ago, Guido said:

OMG guys! Im high watching ONYX from Lissabon! WTF? This is fierceness at its BEST! Damn... she's living it. They way she executes the dance moves and her face.... ON FIRE! So much damn attitude. So impressed! Almost forgot what this girl is capable of. AMAZING! I really think her knee injury effected her big time. It followed a time in her life where she wouldnt tour and dance professionally for years (2004-2007). Then all her personal struggles unfolded right in time... it was a perfect storm of physical and emotionally injuries. The combination of lowered self esteem and physical limitations kind of triggered the fear in her to go all the way. To get lose of that trauma takes time and patience. I think thats why till this day she never managed to go back to that old fierceness and attitude. 

But take a look!!!! Boys breakdown kills me! WOW!

even her mic was on during that break :tifftear: . you can hear her "haa" at 13:08. :tifftear: 

Portugalney slayed so hard. 

Archived