Jay-Maxx

I disagree about Glory, but maybe because I frankly don't listen to a lot of new music, so I'm not really picking up on the "trend chasing." But I think Glory is a step in the right direction in that it doesn't include any obvious smashes (okay, DYWCO would've been HUGE years ago tho), but you can tell that she actually had passion and input when recording these songs. And it's one of her most cohesive and fully listenable albums to date, in my opinion, maybe due to the lack of overly sappy ballads. I think Britney's time has come and gone, but she's had that. She's already been on top. What's more important to me is that she is comfortable and happy in her personal life, and who can really determine that given her... unusual life circumstances. I hope that, moving forward, she's allowed more creative freedom. I know people drag her choreography to hell, but personally, it makes me really happy to see her creating something for herself.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Y’all are so obsessed with these depressing threads.  Idgaf what anyone says...Glory is a f**king masterpiece and is, for me, up there as one of her best.

And the f**king IMPACT of BJ.  Hahahahaha I can’t.  Most of you talk about that POS more than you talk about Blackout.  f**kin iconic, Brenda.  Iconic.

On 8 November 2018 at 3:43 AM, Britman512 said:

Someone summarize this for me please I'm not reading your damn essay about how your an entitled fan who deserves more

Not been argumentative, but this is not an essay. I did some of those on my undergrad and post-grad degrees :)  It is however a few paragraphs raising some subjective points on an artists history and legacy. I am simply commenting on a  few facts and what I would love to see: A return to creative and innovative music something Britney is known for throughout her legacy. Britney is a pop star. Haven't fans the right to talk in an intelligent and thoughtful way about the unique impact her music has had on them? Nothing I have said is derogatory, hurtful, cruel or 'hating' in anyway whatsoever. Im not apologising for being intelligent or for writing something interesting. Glad there are many people here who agree with me or can offer something interesting to respond to. If you cant manage a long thread why bother coming on this page? Best stick to the two line posts with yes or no responses. Apologies in advance if this reply is too much for you to process  ;) 

18 hours ago, Jay-Maxx said:

Not been argumentative, but this is not an essay. I did some of those on my undergrad and post-grad degrees :)  It is however a few paragraphs raising some subjective points on an artists history and legacy. I am simply commenting on a  few facts and what I would love to see: A return to creative and innovative music something Britney is known for throughout her legacy. Britney is a pop star. Haven't fans the right to talk in an intelligent and thoughtful way about the unique impact her music has had on them? Nothing I have said is derogatory, hurtful, cruel or 'hating' in anyway whatsoever. Im not apologising for being intelligent or for writing something interesting. Glad there are many people here who agree with me or can offer something interesting to respond to. If you cant manage a long thread why bother coming on this page? Best stick to the two line posts with yes or no responses. Apologies in advance if this reply is too much for you to process  ;) 

Others feel the same way I feel and how about you apply  your degree to something more purposeful than criticizing a women who has been scrutinized by the media since she was 17... **** out here with "this is not an essay, I'm just using my degree to point out facts bullshit" :bichpls:

14 hours ago, Britman512 said:

Others feel the same way I feel and how about you apply  your degree to something more purposeful than criticizing a women who has been scrutinized by the media since she was 17... **** out here with "this is not an essay, I'm just using my degree to point out facts bullshit" :bichpls:

Your missing the point on every level. I can also read all the replies on here thank you. 

On 11/6/2018 at 6:11 PM, stateofgracebritney said:

I agree 100%. Britney usually looks like she’s dying to kill her career: 2015-2016 were good two years while they lasted but everything was crushed in 2017. I really do wonder, as well, if she retires, comes back to Kentwood, let her kids have her own life, she will be free from the conservatorship, but something WILL be missing and she is eventually going to realize what’s missing is: her fans. Her talent. The stage. The music. The interviews. The media attention. She is giving up on her childhood dream and it gets worse each year. If she doesn’t wake up soon and quickly release an album with massive promotion and hit power, like she did back in 1998-2004 before Domination starts, i’m afraid that’s where there will be no space in the media for her anymore. All the fans are gonna quit; nobody will buy Domination tickets; every single thing will be gone and she will retire after a year or two in Vegas. 

I love her and defend her whenever I can but this is Definitely not the time to act delusional.

Dreams change. She wanted that dream and she achieved the highest level. There's nothing left for that dream really. Just like if you had a dream to take a trip around the world, and then you did, you wouldn't want to do it again. Not the same way at least. When your dream becomes a job you hate, it's time to change. 

12 minutes ago, Scrappy said:

Dreams change. She wanted that dream and she achieved the highest level. There's nothing left for that dream really. Just like if you had a dream to take a trip around the world, and then you did, you wouldn't want to do it again. Not the same way at least. When your dream becomes a job you hate, it's time to change. 

But the question is: does she really hate it or she was just bored of doing POM five years in a row?:truthtea:

On 10 November 2018 at 3:50 PM, Britman512 said:

Ive got a great job thanks. Im not criticising. At all. And seriously, if you read all these posts I have lots of support. In an intelligent discussion there will be a wealth of view points and that is something to embrace. But if you have something to say the best way to have your voice heard is to articulate yourself with some degree of depth and articulation, that way you can be heard on many levels.  There is a reason you are on the final page right down here. You have nothing interesting or of merit or of value to contribute. Don't attack me for being articulate and well educated. I cant help that just as you cant help not being able to respond appropriately. Ill not respond to you again as your very right, I have a great job and lots of money to earn. And you can't discuss with someone who lacks a total capacity to discuss. Peace. 

48 minutes ago, Jay-Maxx said:

Ive got a great job thanks. Im not criticising. At all. And seriously, if you read all these posts I have lots of support. In an intelligent discussion there will be a wealth of view points and that is something to embrace. But if you have something to say the best way to have your voice heard is to articulate yourself with some degree of depth and articulation, that way you can be heard on many levels.  There is a reason you are on the final page right down here. You have nothing interesting or of merit or of value to contribute. Don't attack me for being articulate and well educated. I cant help that just as you cant help not being able to respond appropriately. Ill not respond to you again as your very right, I have a great job and lots of money to earn. And you can't discuss with someone who lacks a total capacity to discuss. Peace. 

Were still on this? I stopped caring.  I was too busy making money and working to write short essays to lessers

Archived