I just realized the biggest problem with this fanbase...

CharlieBlue8

1 hour ago, TiagoJGS said:

You have to stop listening to the minority of fans that comes to exhale. Most people actually appreciate what she's doing and how well she's feeling about herself. This is the happiest britney we've seen since 4ever. 

The problem with this fanbase is that when she does things right they'll be happy for a little bit but once she does ok or worse the all drama is set. I just can't with these people anymore, it just reflects the sick world we live in and that's what it is... she's way more guarded nowadays but she is still quite open. Especially if you think that singers like beyonce and taylor don't even give interviews anymore and are not even in charge of what's posted on their social media. You can complain about the panda eyes and her looks, etc, but the things that's always drawn me to britney and still does is how human she still is. She knows how to be the flawless pop star, but also how to be the careless girl from louisiana that puts a top and jeans on and is ready to go on stage and make people happy. We don't need primeney, we need happiney. 

She's still killing it and the box office numbers prove it. You guys make it feel like she needs to be at her best all the time and that's not realistic. We had a great year in 2016 with glory ( yeah make me video  could have been better, but everything else was great), 2017 she was still killing it with her residency and in 2017/2018 she listened to all those fans complaining about her not leaving vegas and she adapted POM and brought it to Asia and Europe.  Next year I'm sure we will have new music and a new residency and britney will always be britney. Yeah after 20 years of career she may not be a massive trendsetter anymore but she keeps on being true to herself (instead of doing whatever everyone else is doing) and her influence keeps on being undeniable. She's given us so much for the last 20 years and you guys still ask for more and more? I'm happy that she is still doing music and looking happy on stage and I'm ready to get more whenever she is ready for it.

Her career is far from going downhill, and even if she would just retire(which she won't) her legacy would prevail, cause someone with a career like britney's  could just sit down and do nothing and still be relevant. You guys just need to chill and enjoy life and music.  

:endit: preach sis

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I mean most of the ppl in here prove this thread. 

“We need to accept Britney isn’t capable of anything her career is made up of.” 

“We as fans need to accept that she won’t sing, won’t practice, has terrible production, has bad costumes because she smiles once in awhile during Pom.”

Treat her like a below average person but complains about how she is capable of being out of the cship. This place is a walking hypocrisy. 

:whatitellu:

15 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

The problem with this fanbase is that their standards are set too high, whether is because they're still expecting Primeney to come back, or because they also follow other artists and compare her to them.

We keep lowering our standards each year, this year she did horrible auditorium shows and wore crappy lingerie and still people keep supporting a tired looking woman in shitty costumes on stage who does not take her career seriously atm.

3 hours ago, whoisit said:

We keep lowering our standards each year, this year she did horrible auditorium shows and wore crappy lingerie and still people keep supporting a tired looking woman in shitty costumes on stage who does not take her career seriously atm.

And it's the same people that supported the girl that performed with live animals onstage, or the girl that married only to have it anulled 55 hrs later, or the girl that shaved her head and hit cars with umbrellas, or the same people that think the VMAs performance from 2007 was fierce or that the FFT was actually good. This people even supported her after being convinced she didn't sing a single world in one of her studio albums. I think that's what fans do, stan for someone beyond any logic. Otherwise you're not a fanatic, well, you're fanatic of only that music or artist that has certain quality. And that's totally valid.

For some it might seem like lowering the standards, for me, it's not. In my personal case I'd take the worst date of this POM tour over any date from 2011. In these years I've seen she's capable of delivering great things, like in late 2015 and 2016. For some reason she started to give steps backwards since 2017, but I still don't think she's gone back to the FF days. Yes, I wished she cared more about her career, or that she released an album every year and 10 videos per year and that she looked awesome all of the time and delivered awesome choreos, but if she doesn't change anything, if her team doesn't care, I also see or understand why they don't do anything, because from a business perspective, everything is still doing fine and maybe even better because they're earning more than what they're investing. 

I've always said it, especially when people always bring up the suggestion that she should retire instead. People are just ashamed to admit that they're fave isn't doing better than rest, or at least as good as she once did, and that's understandable. By now we've all seen how things are going to be from now on with Britney, her career and artistry. Each one will evaluate and decide to keep supporting her or not. Anyone that feels embarrassed by her, or mad at her or disappointed should just move on with Britney and stay only with whatever she did in the past that made them believe once that they were unconditional fans of her. She doesnt have to retire, they just can pretend that she did. With how out of the general public's taste she is, it won't be hard. If she eeeeeeever releases something of good quality again, to their standards, whether is a song, album or performance, they can be sure they WILL get to know about it one way or another.

1 hour ago, PokemonSpears said:

And it's the same people that supported the girl that performed with live animals onstage, or the girl that married only to have it anulled 55 hrs later, or the girl that shaved her head and hit cars with umbrellas, or the same people that think the VMAs performance from 2007 was fierce or that the FFT was actually good. This people even supported her after being convinced she didn't sing a single world in one of her studio albums. I think that's what fans do, stan for someone beyond any logic. Otherwise you're not a fanatic, well, you're fanatic of only that music or artist that has certain quality. And that's totally valid.

For some it might seem like lowering the standards, for me, it's not. In my personal case I'd take the worst date of this POM tour over any date from 2011. In these years I've seen she's capable of delivering great things, like in late 2015 and 2016. For some reason she started to give steps backwards since 2017, but I still don't think she's gone back to the FF days. Yes, I wished she cared more about her career, or that she released an album every year and 10 videos per year and that she looked awesome all of the time and delivered awesome choreos, but if she doesn't change anything, if her team doesn't care, I also see or understand why they don't do anything, because from a business perspective, everything is still doing fine and maybe even better because they're earning more than what they're investing. 

I've always said it, especially when people always bring up the suggestion that she should retire instead. People are just ashamed to admit that they're fave isn't doing better than rest, or at least as good as she once did, and that's understandable. By now we've all seen how things are going to be from now on with Britney, her career and artistry. Each one will evaluate and decide to keep supporting her or not. Anyone that feels embarrassed by her, or mad at her or disappointed should just move on with Britney and stay only with whatever she did in the past that made them believe once that they were unconditional fans of her. She doesnt have to retire, they just can pretend that she did. With how out of the general public's taste she is, it won't be hard. If she eeeeeeever releases something of good quality again, to their standards, whether is a song, album or performance, they can be sure they WILL get to know about it one way or another.

I mean most ppl don’t support her anymore. That’s why her music and streaming numbers are doing terrible. 

15 hours ago, Goku said:

I'm not sure what caused this thought I've been pondering the last hour or so but I think I'm over Britney.  2016 was an amazing year for maybe only her but I still don't have what I need.  There's still an overly commercial, contrived aspect to her career that feels dishonest.  She STILL refuses to half *** a live performance whilst dancing, i'd even be okay with terrible vox.  She gave up the artistic freedom with the Make Me video.  I was only really overwhelmed with the billboard perfomance and everyone after was unoriginal.  Her poorly executed plastic surgery.  I'm all here for her new romance but minus a few random songs off of glory I don't feel any ignited fire or interest in her anymore.  She'll continue to sell just as she did before ITZ (her peak of being herself.). but there won't be ay self esteem flourishment beyond where she's at.  She's still scared.  I HATE to say it, after being a fan since 1998.  Sometimes you have to know when to give up on someone.

faf5d4ec83540107213c878fa39abf06.gif

A ***** can change their mind any day of the week.  Thanks for stalking me...I'm not creeped out at all.

On 9/9/2018 at 1:38 AM, WilderWein said:

What a dumb thing to say. You’re not very smart, are you? We would treat her as a grown *** woman if she would behave like one. 

When we say for example that she can’t dance right then we say it because she doesn’t dance well. It has nothing to do with treating her like a child, I mean, what type of logic is that. :watrusayin:

On 9/9/2018 at 4:11 AM, brintyjoan said:

How dare you say I almost killed her? She almost killed herself, because she couldnt handle all the pressure. Stop blaming everyone around her.

She makes every erratic and poor decision in the book but it's everyone else's fault. Like how dare the media or anyone criticize her when she didn't even show up to her mandated court appearances to keep her kids. But when she loses custody for not even providing SIMPLE things, like a clean **** test...the world/fans expect too much out of poor Britney. LOL LOL LOL

And girl can not answer simple basic questions or even interact with people on a very basic level...why should we think she is capable of more anymore? Where are the receipts...

2 minutes ago, GimmeBritney320 said:

She makes every erratic and poor decision in the book but it's everyone else's fault. Like how dare the media or anyone criticize her when she didn't even show up to her mandated court appearances to keep her kids. But when she loses custody for not even providing SIMPLE things, like a clean **** test...the world/fans expect too much out of poor Britney. LOL LOL LOL

And girl can not answer simple basic questions or even interact with people on a very basic level...why should we think she is capable of more anymore? Where are the receipts...

I actually didnt feel bad at the time for her loosing her kids. Its not rocket science. Show up to court, provide the things they want from you and voila you get to keep your kids. As hurtful as it was to her I do think it was better for the kids. If you cant even do those basic things you shouldnt have responsibility over 2 lives.

On 9/9/2018 at 10:12 AM, Goku said:

I'm not sure what caused this thought I've been pondering the last hour or so but I think I'm over Britney.  2016 was an amazing year for maybe only her but I still don't have what I need.  There's still an overly commercial, contrived aspect to her career that feels dishonest.  She STILL refuses to half *** a live performance whilst dancing, i'd even be okay with terrible vox.  She gave up the artistic freedom with the Make Me video.  I was only really overwhelmed with the billboard perfomance and everyone after was unoriginal.  Her poorly executed plastic surgery.  I'm all here for her new romance but minus a few random songs off of glory I don't feel any ignited fire or interest in her anymore.  She'll continue to sell just as she did before ITZ (her peak of being herself.). but there won't be ay self esteem flourishment beyond where she's at.  She's still scared.  I HATE to say it, after being a fan since 1998.  Sometimes you have to know when to give up on someone.

faf5d4ec83540107213c878fa39abf06.gif

tenor.gif?itemid=9479342

I think the problem is that only 40% of the fanbase are actual "fans" of what she is DOING... the rest are "fans" of what she has done but still obsessed with that image of her in the present.  Unfortunately when you become a fan of someone simply for the visual, you were only ever a fan of THAT version of a person... truth tea, most people wouldn't like her songs if she didn't look like she did and make great videos...  its kinda like what my friend told me- she likes Taylor's music because she is pretty - so good music is only made by pretty people?  Lol 

whitney-houston-reuters-498511185.jpg

QG1DSRG5ENK5L9VI-cp0x257x1300x908-fill81

michael_jackson.jpg

gallery-showbiz-aaliyah.jpg

Y'all so disrespectful. Others faves have passed and you should be grateful for still having B around (and anyone you cherish in your life). Always criticizing her, she's never enough for some, these debates about the fans that love her or don't. Just respect B as a person, enjoy the music. The only problem with a big bulk of the fandom is they don't realize what they have, til it's gone! 

1sarfg.jpg

41 minutes ago, jordeezy said:

I think the problem is that only 40% of the fanbase are actual "fans" of what she is DOING... the rest are "fans" of what she has done but still obsessed with that image of her in the present.  Unfortunately when you become a fan of someone simply for the visual, you were only ever a fan of THAT version of a person... truth tea, most people wouldn't like her songs if she didn't look like she did and make great videos...  its kinda like what my friend told me- she likes Taylor's music because she is pretty - so good music is only made by pretty people?  Lol 

Most of us don’t like what she currently doing. That is the main complaint :whatitellu:

Cant argue there. 

I am a fan of Britney for her music and as a pop artist that is heavily depended on by good visuals. It’s common sense. You are way far off to say we only liked Britney because she is/was hot. Most of this fan base is gay men :jj:

What does Britney sell if it isn’t her visuals? 

She doesn’t sing or play an instrument. 

Archived