I just realized the biggest problem with this fanbase...

CharlieBlue8

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see fans “baby” her and defend her like she isn’t a grown woman who makes her own decisions.

But at the same time, I would like to see Britney present herself as one. I look back at interviews from the in the zone era and she looks and sounds so sure of herself. She’s confident in what she’s doing and the work she’s presenting. She knows exactly who she’s worked with and what’s happening. Interviews today are so scripted and the way she looks off to the side for coaching. I get the anxiety part but it’s like she really seems fragile and unaware.

The problem with this fanbase is that their standards are set too high, whether is because they're still expecting Primeney to come back, or because they also follow other artists and compare her to them.

Most of us have went through some meltdowns and disappointments with Britney over the years. But once you learn to appreciate what she gives to us, without expecting nothing else, you start to appreciate things more. Back in the FF days I thought everything she did after that would just be going downhill. But she's had ups and downs ever since, so when she appears with her panda eyes, her POM "moves" or the atrocious outfits, I just find it funny and enjoy it in a weird way.

Do I wish she did more things, or that she did them better? Of course. Do I think she's capable of more? Most likely, but if that doesn't happen, I'll be happy just with whatever she does, because that's what a fanatic does, idolize someone beyond reason or objectiveness. :tiffhair:

What a dumb thing to say. You’re not very smart, are you? We would treat her as a grown *** woman if she would behave like one. 

When we say for example that she can’t dance right then we say it because she doesn’t dance well. It has nothing to do with treating her like a child, I mean, what type of logic is that. :watrusayin:

3 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

The problem with this fanbase is that their standards are set too high, whether is because they're still expecting Primeney to come back, or because they also follow other artists and compare her to them.

Most of us have went through some meltdowns and disappointments with Britney over the years. But once you learn to appreciate what she gives to us, without expecting nothing else, you start to appreciate things more. Back in the FF days I thought everything she did after that would just be going downhill. But she's had ups and downs ever since, so when she appears with her panda eyes, her POM "moves" or the atrocious outfits, I just find it funny and enjoy it in a weird way.

Do I wish she did more things, or that she did them better? Of course. Do I think she's capable of more? Most likely, but if that doesn't happen, I'll be happy just with whatever she does, because that's what a fanatic does, idolize someone beyond reason or objectiveness. :tiffhair:

True but I feel what she gives us is below the standard of a pop star of her level. It’s just cheap and lazy now. Her career is really going downhill.

17 minutes ago, WilderWein said:

True but I feel what she gives us is below the standard of a pop star of her level. It’s just cheap and lazy now. Her career is really going downhill.

People keep saying that but the real reason why it still works (and I imagine you have never, or maybe not recently, seen her live), is because she still has got star power and that light around her. Her energy is very strong. So even though the dance moves aren’t always perfect, well her aura alone compensates largely for it.

This career and the world (even her own fans) almost killed her. But it’s all she’s ever known so of course she’ll stick to it. But man, I would close the doors too and see things f**king differently after such traumatic events. For her, because she’s grown a lot, Britney Spears is just an act and not the person she really is now. And it’s ok!

We must. You guys tend to forget she's under a f**king c-ship that won't allow her to do much. Don't you realize that, since 2008, Britney doesn't really have a life? In fact, who knows if everything Britney is now cheap because of the C-ship as well? That it's not THEIR fault instead of hers? Something to think about.

30 minutes ago, WilderWein said:

What a dumb thing to say. You’re not very smart, are you? We would treat her as a grown *** woman if she would behave like one. 

When we say for example that she can’t dance right then we say it because she doesn’t dance well. It has nothing to do with treating her like a child, I mean, what type of logic is that. :watrusayin:

Okay, let me put this in less PC terms.  You act like she's ********.  How about that?  

3 minutes ago, bananathesnake said:

We must. You guys tend to forget she's under a f**king c-ship that won't allow her to do much. Don't you realize that, since 2008, Britney doesn't really have a life? In fact, who knows if everything Britney is now cheap because of the C-ship as well? That it's not THEIR fault instead of hers? Something to think about.

I don't get why y'all think you know her life?  

17 minutes ago, ubritney said:

People keep saying that but the real reason why it still works (and I imagine you have never, or maybe not recently, seen her live), is because she still has got star power and that light around her. Her energy is very strong. So even though the dance moves aren’t always perfect, well her aura alone compensates largely for it.

This career and the world (even her own fans) almost killed her. But it’s all she’s ever known so of course she’ll stick to it. But man, I would close the doors too and see things f**king differently after such traumatic events. For her, because she’s grown a lot, Britney Spears is just an act and not the person she really is now. And it’s ok!

I have seen her live like a month or so ago in Belgium. It was fun etc. but it didnt make an impression. The fun was because of the songs and the fans singing along. The dancers. 

What happened to your site?? That site and the forum was my fav Brit site and the forum was filled with a close group of members. I just went here because there really isnt another option.. and its very up to date.

1 hour ago, ubritney said:

How did her own fans almost kill her?

2 hours ago, ubritney said:

How dare you say I almost killed her? She almost killed herself, because she couldnt handle all the pressure. Stop blaming everyone around her.

21 hours ago, brintyjoan said:

How dare you say I almost killed her? She almost killed herself, because she couldnt handle all the pressure. Stop blaming everyone around her.

People turned their back to her, most of her ‘fans’ included, when all she needed was for people to listen to her and understand her, not ridicule her and judge her.

8 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

Thank you for this! :kiss:

You have to stop listening to the minority of fans that comes to exhale. Most people actually appreciate what she's doing and how well she's feeling about herself. This is the happiest britney we've seen since 4ever. 

The problem with this fanbase is that when she does things right they'll be happy for a little bit but once she does ok or worse the all drama is set. I just can't with these people anymore, it just reflects the sick world we live in and that's what it is... she's way more guarded nowadays but she is still quite open. Especially if you think that singers like beyonce and taylor don't even give interviews anymore and are not even in charge of what's posted on their social media. You can complain about the panda eyes and her looks, etc, but the things that's always drawn me to britney and still does is how human she still is. She knows how to be the flawless pop star, but also how to be the careless girl from louisiana that puts a top and jeans on and is ready to go on stage and make people happy. We don't need primeney, we need happiney. 

She's still killing it and the box office numbers prove it. You guys make it feel like she needs to be at her best all the time and that's not realistic. We had a great year in 2016 with glory ( yeah make me video  could have been better, but everything else was great), 2017 she was still killing it with her residency and in 2017/2018 she listened to all those fans complaining about her not leaving vegas and she adapted POM and brought it to Asia and Europe.  Next year I'm sure we will have new music and a new residency and britney will always be britney. Yeah after 20 years of career she may not be a massive trendsetter anymore but she keeps on being true to herself (instead of doing whatever everyone else is doing) and her influence keeps on being undeniable. She's given us so much for the last 20 years and you guys still ask for more and more? I'm happy that she is still doing music and looking happy on stage and I'm ready to get more whenever she is ready for it.

Her career is far from going downhill, and even if she would just retire(which she won't) her legacy would prevail, cause someone with a career like britney's  could just sit down and do nothing and still be relevant. You guys just need to chill and enjoy life and music.  

Archived