To Those Who Have Attended The POMT: Was It Worth The $?

LostInAnImage

To Those Who Have Attended The POMT: Was It Worth The $?  

79 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I wish they’d have brought the opening set, the slave 4 u set and at least something for toxic. Or even the guitar. And I wish there’d been pyro. I just think with the Pepsi sponsor and ticket prices being insane more could’ve been accomplished. But honestly the moment she hit the stage I was completely in it and had a blast. She seemed to be on good spirits and she seemed to really be enjoy it. Also the audience energy was insane and seeing her in the same house as VMA 2000 and 2003 was insane.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, LostInAnImage said:

Thanks to everyone who voted, replied and shared their experiences thus far, I appreciate it! :kiss:

So this is wholly irrelevant with respect to my OP, but since you're here, I figured I'd ask! Do you have idea where I can watch the Xtina Stripped Tour Live in the UK? I had the DVD a million yeas ago, but lost it during my many intercontinental moves. It's the only tour of hers I've seen live thus far (albeit not that particular date), but I loved the UK DVD so much and on youtube it's all been pulled; you can only find really crappy versions of the individual songs (like, with a tiny screen showing the actual concert, centered around a giant fanmade Xtina background), which I'm assuming is for copyright purposes since a lot of the individual tracks have been pulled anyway, despite the terrible quality. I'd love to see the show again in full, in its original glory. TIA! :) 

I have the dvd so im Not sure about free places tbh. I hate that her tours have all been tanken down imo its a positive thing to spread your stuff and doesnt harm artists. Have you tried iTunes?

4 hours ago, naturalplayboy said:

Piece of me in Vegas yes! I had such a good time the 4 times I went.

piece of me tour when she came to nyc nope. I paid just as much for seats towards the back as I would have right by the stage in Vegas. Prices for the tour are outrageous and she just looks sloppy. But that was early on not sure how she’s doing in Europe because I stopped paying attention.

but if you’re thinking of Austin. Get that 3 day pass thing. Bruno Mars is well worth it for the price. He always puts on a good show. And Britney will just be the added bonus.

I was in the very back of Orchestra 4 at the 1st NYC date, and thought she was really good that night. Not amazing but still hugely entertaining and not sloppy at all. Also, I’d say it was good cut it was the first date of the US tour that had a better stage with the stairs and stage swirls. She slayed and you could not have disliked the show if i tried. 

There was no one behind me so I didn’t have to worry about having my phone up and recorded a solid hour of the show. But the poor girl next to me was so tiny that she couldn’t see a thing. I felt so bad for her. Anyway, I also saw her on the 2 year anniversary of Vegas, and although Vegas production is killer, she had better energy in NYC, but better dancing on the PH stage. 

600$ for a ticket is a lot. Like you said not everyone in the audience will be a fan of hers. At the end of the day it's a racing event. 

I went to Berlin 1st time ever attending her concert, I paid 64 EUR  for my ticket and it was worth it buuuuuuuuut I would say it's even more worth it if you're close to the stage. I had a good seat parallel to the stage but very high in the arena and I wished I'd seen her face closer. At that seat height she seemed an ant  :gimmemoar:

So I would say go if the ticket allows you very good seating. If not just save up, in the States you guys are lucky, she will always attend some kind of event (Christmas tree lightning everyone? :bgrin:)  and you can see her easier than us. 

3 hours ago, The Greatest Show said:

Have you tried iTunes?

I haven’t, if didn’t even occur to me, hah! Thanks, I’ll check.

I’m so bummed because I used to have her Christmas special DVD, Stripped in UK and B2B in Adelaide DVDs, but I’ve moved around so much I’ve nearly lost them all. Or, if I do actually happen to have them, it’s a moot point as they are not compatible here in my current US residence, resultant of being EU DVDs. Same goes for Britney DVDs; I had every documentary, concert, MV collection, etc...nowhere to be seen for years.  :( 

8 hours ago, naturalplayboy said:

but if you’re thinking of Austin. Get that 3 day pass thing. Bruno Mars is well worth it for the price. He always puts on a good show. And Britney will just be the added bonus.

I wouldn’t be opposed because Bruno Mars does exude tons of energy on stage and is fun to watch. I'm sure he'd also get the crowd super hyped. However, the tickets are really expensive if also getting tickets to the Bruno concert, and since I wouldn’t consider myself a fan (and my friend straight-up hates him, ha), I'm afraid it's not really an option, monetarily speaking. Plus, neither of us really want to show up until the racing crap is all over and done with. :ehidk: Just collectively not our cup of tea.

10 hours ago, Chris87 said:

But I had to pay premium price of 230euros to get ticket... 

Is the Ponytail tour really that much so they think they can sell it like it's Brit's Confessions Tour??? That's soo ****** up, I'd rather see her shopping at H&M for free :nydisgust:

5 minutes ago, Nickey said:

Is the Ponytail tour really that much so they think they can sell it like it's Brit's Confessions Tour??? That's soo ****** up, I'd rather see her shopping at H&M for free :nydisgust:

I’d actually be totally fine with paying 230€ (or ~$265 USD). But tickets for attending Britney's show alone for the Austin, TX date (for general admission/standing), are $700 which is approximately 600€. That's where I think the prices have become far too steep given the quality of the show. 

4 hours ago, The Greatest Show said:

I have the dvd so im Not sure about free places tbh. I hate that her tours have all been tanken down imo its a positive thing to spread your stuff and doesnt harm artists. Have you tried iTunes?

Update: the whole 2-hour UK show is on iTunes, along with B2B Live From Down Under. THANKS AGAIN! Haven't watched in ages so I'm excited, it'll help get me pumped up for the concert. :jumpney:

To me it was totally worth it!

I paid €116 to stand in the golden circle in Antwerp and it was the first time I saw her in real life! :) 

The thing is - I wouldn't necessarily say the concert is better than you'd expect after watching the clips on insta, but it is just the vibe of being there, actually seeing Britney Spears perform and meeting other fans around you that is what contributes to the experience! Also, when watching clips from home people tend to overanalyze every move she makes which is not something you'd be doing when you are there in the crowd and  you are actually seeing her in real life. I had a lot of fun, and despite the criticism she gets had a wonderful time which is why I can now better accept she is not the same performer she used to be - to me it was still worth every penny and I enjoy/respect her more now after seeing her in real life! 

To me it really is up to yourself whether you enjoy the show or not. If you are a true fan of both Britney the artist and the person you WILL have a good time! And if you choose to just be happy to see her, and sing and dance along to every song she does you WILL enjoy yourself! So to me, if you are a fan yet didn't enjoy yourself, you either must have had shitty seats or you didn't enjoy it to the max which is a shame!

I definitely hope she comes to Europe once again! Getting to experience how hyped I was just seeing her irl makes me want to pay of a M&G next time I see her (if I have enough money by then haha!). 

13 hours ago, The Greatest Show said:

For me it definitley wasnt. Yes I get to say that I saw Britney Spears live and that the fans around me made it a fun night out but was it worth the money? No. The stage and production are cheap so there is nothing that will impress you there, the choreo is shitty and performed poorly most of the time so that wont be impressive, she doesnt sing so you wont be blown away by her vocals and to top it off she is constantly rixing her hair to the point that even people sitting far in the back comment on how annoying it is.

If you get drunk and have a lot of friends over and play the Setlist on Spotify super loud you will pretty much have an equally enjoyable experience imo.

Hey xtina:endit:

9 hours ago, LostInAnImage said:

Well, that's the thing, The tickets are like $600, and I'm not rich. I'm not trying to shade Britney here; I love her. But I simply don't have the disposable income to spend $600 on a show that may or may not even be that enjoyable. Plus, she is the second-day headliner following Bruno Mars at this racing event, so I'm guessing at least half of the audience is wholly wasted, attending solely for racing, and thus isn't a fan of hers at all. That'll be a very different atmosphere than a venue/arena filled with singing and dancing stans, which I'd be far less reticent about attending.

I have seen her once previously, for the Circus Tour, and I honestly wasn't impressed at all (with the exception of the fantastic production). But, considering she had just had a breakdown in front of the entire world, I gave her a pass. It was amazing she was there at all, frankly (albeit arguably unethical; I believe she should've been recovering in private for minimum of one year).

Henceforth, I avoided the FFT completely when it came to my town, because things seemed to have steadily deteriorated from bad to worse. And now, there's a big discrepancy amongst fans regarding the current show. I would've definitely liked to have seen it in Vegas (circa revamp/2016, that is), particularly because the show was built specifically for that theater,and the props and production go a long way. But the tour itself appears so bland that I'm pretty shocked the ticket prices are still so damn high. 

I'm just conflicted, because in the event she doesn't tour again (at least for a long time), I'm afraid I may regret it. And I don't know if I'll make it for the next residency either, given my postdoc schedule (and meager salary until I pass the EPPP and start tackling these 100k+ of student loans). 

Hah, sorry for all the personal background, of which I'm sure you haven't the slightest bit of interest. But I do appreciate the feedback!

6 hours ago, Dark.Knight said:

$600 for tics of me?! :nonoNO:

might be great to see HER in person performing, but you can do so much better with that money

Guys, it's not like all tickets were that expensive. I think it is common nowadays with all concerts with huge demand. Tickets go on sale with regular prices, they are sold out within few minutes and then they only put the premium tickets. So you can buy good seat or general admission for 85-100euro which is fine. But they disappear withing seconds so you have to go with premium tickets if you really want to buy one..

8 minutes ago, Chris87 said:

Guys, it's not like all tickets were that expensive. I think it is common nowadays with all concerts with huge demand. Tickets go on sale with regular prices, they are sold out within few minutes and then they only put the premium tickets. So you can buy good seat or general admission for 85-100euro which is fine. But they disappear withing seconds so you have to go with premium tickets if you really want to buy one..

Oh, I know! Not blaming Britney for the ticket prices, I really doubt that's something she controls. But even on the official Grand Prix website, the prices listed are outrageous. Even if you manage to get a ticket, in order just to PARK at the venue, you have to also purchase a parking ticket, and the cheapest available is another $70 per person, even if you're sharing a car. It's crazy. 

I now agree with the person who said that if you don't plan to go to Vegas in the near future and this venue is closer to you then yes, go.

And I understand that probably only premiums tickets are left for sale and so on but to even ask 600-700$ for a ticket is outrageous. There are millions of people in the world who barely afford a rent at this price.

Fans: "I'm gonna save up and work extra hours to buy a concert ticket."

Meanwhile the industry: ahahaahhahhahahhahahah

6580.gif 

Archived