To Those Who Have Attended The POMT: Was It Worth The $?

LostInAnImage

To Those Who Have Attended The POMT: Was It Worth The $?  

79 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

16 hours ago, MissSpearsSaysSo said:

I was in the very back of Orchestra 4 at the 1st NYC date, and thought she was really good that night. Not amazing but still hugely entertaining and not sloppy at all. Also, I’d say it was good cut it was the first date of the US tour that had a better stage with the stairs and stage swirls. She slayed and you could not have disliked the show if i tried. 

There was no one behind me so I didn’t have to worry about having my phone up and recorded a solid hour of the show. But the poor girl next to me was so tiny that she couldn’t see a thing. I felt so bad for her. Anyway, I also saw her on the 2 year anniversary of Vegas, and although Vegas production is killer, she had better energy in NYC, but better dancing on the PH stage. 

I may have just been spoiled with GA in Vegas I didn’t enjoy the nyc show that much because I was far. I was in row q orchestra 3. I guess the energy was ok. The sloppinessn I was referring to was the costumes and the hair. I just can’t justify paying as much as I did for the nyc shows.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Vegas, yes because you're being given the whole show complete with staging, props, effects and the experience even whether Britney's a hit or a miss. It's also a whole lot cheaper than what's being charged.

This is pretty much a festival tour with a scaled down production with a heavy price ticket. If you're willing to shell for it, by all means do so, but given it's an extension of Vegas, you would think her team or at least the Sponsors involved would want to give the fans and general public their money's worth. The show has no themes anymore, the costumes range from mismatched lingerie to Target clearance clothes, tics galore and scrapped songs. 

I’d say it really depends on your situation, how bad you really want to see her, how much you are willing to spend on tickets and what your expectations are. I went to see her during this tour at Radio City. Previous to this I saw the show in Vegas this October and went to see her 3x during Circus and before that not since DWAD. The tickets at Radio City were really expensive. In Vegas I bought two pit tickets for $500 total. Of course the money for the flight, lodging and food all burnt a small hole in my pocket but it was all part of the experience. I always usually sit really close and have always had really great experiences seeing her- but once you see a show like this I feel like it’s very hard to go back :crying3: I always want to be right up in the front. I should have been smart about this tour because I live in NY so going to one of her NJ or Mohegan Sun shows would have made more sense financially to get better seats but I really wanted to get good tickets and be close but going to Radio City was just so much more convenient for me. I almost ended up without tickets after joining the “tour club” for those ticket presales and my phone and computer kept glitching when trying to check out- and then the ticket resale prices were seriously insane - $800 or $900 for a ticket close to the front. So I ended up with tickets in the back of the orchestra section on the right side. These two tickets cost me $612. Now I did have a ton of fun at her show don’t get me wrong and so did my goddaughter who I wouldn’t really  consider a big Britney fan (took her for her 16th birthday present) who went with me not knowing what to expect at all and she absolutely loved the show. But as a lot of people have said there is such a great vibe at Britney’s shows that it would be hard to have a bad time! We dressed up and  danced through the whole show. I originally had really wanted to go to both nights and decided I would see her on Monday and take off on a Tuesday in case I decided to see her again at the last minute- like I did during the Circus tour. I had a great time at Monday’s show but I didn’t leave feeling like I needed to see it again, however if I didn’t see it I might have felt like I missed out- esp bc she was touring so close to me. I feel like my seat/seeing the show from further away wasn’t as exciting for me at all but at the same time, I think I would have been thoroughly disappointed paying $900 for a ticket just to be close to the stage. It takes me almost a week of working as a nurse to make that :decisions:  My view felt obstructed Because I kind of had to look over the general orchestra section to see her and my view was obstructed for sure. Couldn’t even get a good picture or anything, but these were like the best tickets I could really afford. I’ll always love Britney and I was not disappointed in her show but I’m just not sure shes putting on shows worth THIS much these days. Some tickets were being resold for over $1000 each I think this is pretty crazy.  However I am always afraid that it may be the last chance I get to see Britney, and this usually persuades me to just go see her  and off I go. I’m sorry that my answer is very indirect but I voted yes and if you can do it, I don’t think you will be disappointed  :clap:

6 hours ago, naturalplayboy said:

I may have just been spoiled with GA in Vegas I didn’t enjoy the nyc show that much because I was far. I was in row q orchestra 3. I guess the energy was ok. The sloppinessn I was referring to was the costumes and the hair. I just can’t justify paying as much as I did for the nyc shows.

Thissss

13 hours ago, LostInAnImage said:

It’s kind of impossible to tell, honestly. The tickets are like, $300 if near exit 13 on the track, but $275 if near exit 4...theres some stupid map on StubHub outlining this but it's not exactly helpful as none of it looks close to the stage at all. Additionally, you have to pay $99 each on top of your ticket price to ensure you’re close to the stage, and then it’s like another $100/person for parking. Just crazy. 

I wouldn’t spend that. The show is pretty bad. 

1 hour ago, ifuseekamy_ said:

I’d say it really depends on your situation, how bad you really want to see her, how much you are willing to spend on tickets and what your expectations are. I went to see her during this tour at Radio City. Previous to this I saw the show in Vegas this October and went to see her 3x during Circus and before that not since DWAD. The tickets at Radio City were really expensive. In Vegas I bought two pit tickets for $500 total. Of course the money for the flight, lodging and food all burnt a small hole in my pocket but it was all part of the experience. I always usually sit really close and have always had really great experiences seeing her- but once you see a show like this I feel like it’s very hard to go back :crying3: I always want to be right up in the front. I should have been smart about this tour because I live in NY so going to one of her NJ or Mohegan Sun shows would have made more sense financially to get better seats but I really wanted to get good tickets and be close but going to Radio City was just so much more convenient for me. I almost ended up without tickets after joining the “tour club” for those ticket presales and my phone and computer kept glitching when trying to check out- and then the ticket resale prices were seriously insane - $800 or $900 for a ticket close to the front. So I ended up with tickets in the back of the orchestra section on the right side. These two tickets cost me $612. Now I did have a ton of fun at her show don’t get me wrong and so did my goddaughter who I wouldn’t really  consider a big Britney fan (took her for her 16th birthday present) who went with me not knowing what to expect at all and she absolutely loved the show. But as a lot of people have said there is such a great vibe at Britney’s shows that it would be hard to have a bad time! We dressed up and  danced through the whole show. I originally had really wanted to go to both nights and decided I would see her on Monday and take off on a Tuesday in case I decided to see her again at the last minute- like I did during the Circus tour. I had a great time at Monday’s show but I didn’t leave feeling like I needed to see it again, however if I didn’t see it I might have felt like I missed out- esp bc she was touring so close to me. I feel like my seat/seeing the show from further away wasn’t as exciting for me at all but at the same time, I think I would have been thoroughly disappointed paying $900 for a ticket just to be close to the stage. It takes me almost a week of working as a nurse to make that :decisions:  My view felt obstructed Because I kind of had to look over the general orchestra section to see her and my view was obstructed for sure. Couldn’t even get a good picture or anything, but these were like the best tickets I could really afford. I’ll always love Britney and I was not disappointed in her show but I’m just not sure shes putting on shows worth THIS much these days. Some tickets were being resold for over $1000 each I think this is pretty crazy.  However I am always afraid that it may be the last chance I get to see Britney, and this usually persuades me to just go see her  and off I go. I’m sorry that my answer is very indirect but I voted yes and if you can do it, I don’t think you will be disappointed  :clap:

A Britney fan who’s got a grasp on reality, a nurse, and you live in nyc - let’s go on a date. lol *please be a guy*

Hmmm. I am glad I went, no regrets. I had a lot of fun! Would I ever do it again? No. For me this was the second and last time seeing Britney. I only got the 50 buck tickets anyway so. Was it worth it? I had a great time and didn’t spend one second thinking about my worries. Britney will always be special to me. But this was it for me. But it didn’t leave an impression on me. Not like Lana Del Rey’s show or Rammstein’s shows did. I was in awe of them. Britney’s show was pretty much forgotten emotionally when I walked out the arena.

You want to have fun? Go ahead, have a great time. Never seen her before but a longtime fan? This might be your last chance. Is it gonna cost you a lot of money and time to see her? Then perhaps not go. Especially if you have already seen her. 

I would say personally, no. In my honest opinion...The show was good because britney songs are good. Period. The money was not on par with the venue + what we get in return. The venue here in South Florida, for me, felt like a high school gymnasium. I’ve been to the Hard Rock Live many times and thought ultimately that’s where it would be but the Event Center is smaller than that and felt like some homecoming dance room. Not for a pop star with 20 year career. Not her fault but definitely affected the grandness of the show.

And compared to other artists who charge the same/even less, she’s not on par with them at all. And I say that as a fan who has been here from the actual beginning. This year I’ll have seen in concert: JT, Pink, Taylor Swift, Britney and Beyonce/JayZ. On that list, Britney’s was the most forgettable show so far for me. For the money, and comparing it to her peers, you’ve got Pink up there belting out live vocals, flying through the air, actually talking to the audience and reading signs and telling funny stories about her husband and kids. You’ve got JT’s stage that literally runs through the whole arena, live fire/waterfalls, his dancing still being really good (although not as sharp as his teen years understandably), funny stories about his album making process, etc. Even Taylor shocked me with how we were in a 64,000 person stadium and she made it feel super intimate. She’s singing live (not the best vocals, but I appreciate the effort), playing guitar, playing piano, talking about what each song means to her, her love for the city she was in (Miami). It felt like I was on stage with each of them, proving you can have the production and huge pop show and still make it personal.

Then you’ve got Britney, no live vocals, a teeny tiny stage, she doesn’t interact or read signs from the audience, barely seems to even care that so many ppl are here to see her, she just comes out and performs, says her rehearsed 2 lines, and exits. If the seats were cheaper, then ok. But she’s charging on par as these other performers and not even giving half the show. I had no complaints about the dancing (it’s not as bad as video makes it seem) but I do have issue with them not even trying to make the show more interesting especially for a greatest hits show. She’s the only show I’ve been to where it felt like I was in a nightclub just listening to her songs on loud speaker in my opinion. 

Archived