How did y'all feel about POM...

Inuyasha

Way back in 2013 when it first started? I wasn't a fan back then, so I just wanted to know if anyone actually liked it at the beginning:pieceofwhat:
I became a fan when POM was at its best (2016, rip:crying1:), so I was slayed by it:tiffanynod:. Was POM 1.0 good at first for y'all? if not, when did it start getting good? did it EVER get good for some of you? I'm just curious cause we all obviously dislike it now, and I just wanna know if it was always like that:mcorangu:

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was sooo excited after seeing footage of the rehearsals :clap:

As soon as I saw the outfit, the wig and the painted abs in Work ***** I was distressed :unreal:

Then when she kept f**king up/not doing the Work ***** routine I felt the end was near :zoomzoom:

Then POM 2.0 happened and my ****** exploded :groovin:

The beginning of POM 2.0 really was when POM was at it's best :arianabye:

I was really excited at first just by the idea of her performing for two years, for me it was like "yeah, she's not going anywhere, no long breaks, she'll keep improving".

And she actually did improve until 2016.

Innocent me also thought since this was gonna be the "Britney Jean era" and she was going to be doing this show for two years, this album was actually gonna get lots of singles/videos because she would have to extend it til the end of 2015. Even if the singles were months apart, I was expecting to have at least 5 or 6, especially after the IABJ promise of including more BJ songs to the show as "they grew on her". Little did I know this was gonna be the first album to get only 2 singles (even less that the next album was gonna have the same fate).

I've said it before, the thing that excited me the most was the setlist. She hadn't perform Oops and Crazy since the Onyx Hotel Tour, and Stronger and Lucky since DWADT. Break the Ice had never been performed before. Circus and MATM weren't performed at FFT either. And we were FINALLY getting the full WB choreo (I loathed it at first, because I didn't imagine it was gonna be so robotic). The night of dress rehearsals, BTI was really the biggest surprise to me because, thanks to Larry I'm almost sure, the IABJ documentary said Hot as Ice was the song being performed instead, so the first time I watched that Blackout segment and BTI started playing I was like :wow:.

The wigs were the first negative surprise to me. Never really understood it. And some of the outfits, especially the WB one were so unflattering, and the leotards. She wasn't fat (obviously not as fit as nowadays either) but they made her look thicker, and her movements made her look heavier. She just looked so different onstage than she did on the WB or OLL videos from earlier that year, or Scream & Shout Remix. The makeup, the wigs, the outfits, nothing made sense, but yet she still looked better than FFT.

Can't believe it was that long ago. And one of the things I notice the most is that back then, we used to have full YouTube clips right after the shows were over. Every night. Later Instagram took over and everybody was only uploading 15 seconds clips, and even after they allowed the 1 min clips, and of course in the worst quality possible.

5 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

I was really excited at first just by the idea of her performing for two years, for me it was like "yeah, she's not going anywhere, no long breaks, she'll keep improving".

And she actually did improve until 2016.

Innocent me also thought since this was gonna be the "Britney Jean era" and she was going to be doing this show for two years, this album was actually gonna get lots of singles/videos because she would have to extend it til the end of 2015. Even if the singles were months apart, I was expecting to have at least 5 or 6, especially after the IABJ promise of including more BJ songs to the show as "they grew on her". Little did I know this was gonna be the first album to get only 2 singles (even less that the next album was gonna have the same fate).

I've said it before, the thing that excited me the most was the setlist. She hadn't perform Oops and Crazy since the Onyx Hotel Tour, and Stronger and Lucky since DWADT. Break the Ice had never been performed before. Circus and MATM weren't performed at FFT either. And we were FINALLY getting the full WB choreo (I loathed it at first, because I didn't imagine it was gonna be so robotic). The night of dress rehearsals, BTI was really the biggest surprise to me because, thanks to Larry I'm almost sure, the IABJ documentary said Hot as Ice was the song being performed instead, so the first time I watched that Blackout segment and BTI started playing I was like :wow:.

The wigs were the first negative surprise to me. Never really understood it. And some of the outfits, especially the WB one were so unflattering, and the leotards. She wasn't fat (obviously not as fit as nowadays either) but they made her look thicker, and her movements made her look heavier. She just looked so different onstage than she did on the WB or OLL videos from earlier that year, or Scream & Shout Remix. The makeup, the wigs, the outfits, nothing made sense, but yet she still looked better than FFT.

Can't believe it was that long ago. And one of the things I notice the most is that back then, we used to have full YouTube clips right after the shows were over. Every night. Later Instagram took over and everybody was only uploading 15 seconds clips, and even after they allowed the 1 min clips, and of course in the worst quality possible.

Why are we always so delusional? :awkblink:

Although I am so sad she won't be performing Lucky when I see her :crying2:

I never liked the choreos :donewithit:. I always thought, since the beginning, that this squared division were her worst enemies, because not even the dancers looked good doing those moves. It was just so not-Britney-ish. It was like they knew nothing about classic Britney and they were forcing her to do these silly moves, as if she was one of those artists that don't dance but they need to pull a choreo because the song demands it.

I think people used to appreciate it a little bit more. The few dates in December were kinda weird, the painted abs, the wigs, etc. Then early 2014, she started to improve, until she brought back the wigs (right during the night that Lady Gaga attended and that infamous pic was born). She went brunette / red hair, and without the wigs she improved a lot (that's why people have that idea of Brunetteney being this out of this world performer, but I think she was just as good the few dates she was blonde and no wigs).

But the wigs were back, and they kept appearing most of 2014 until she cut her hair around October. Well, I think she appeared without the wig some dates before that, around the summer, when she looked like Heidi Klum.

MATM / Gimme More section was especially painful because it was a combo of wig + hat, so she barely moved. After the hat kept falling when she was brunette, was when she finally ditched the hat. It reappeared later though. So yeah, I think in general the biggest complains were the lack of movement because of the wigs, and also the M&G pictures. The IWG mirrors that never worked as expected and the performance itself was a constant target of criticism as well. I think it was kinda funny. 

I wasn't a fan back then, but I remember GP on Twitter praising her 2014/2015 because she was much better than FFney. I remember checking some performances and being slayed. I LOVED ghat death globe intro, it's a shsmd they replaced it. Then 2016 revamp came, I was already a fan and I was slayed again. Good times :ehno:

Honestly? They had some great concepts in the beginning, but nothing was ever executed well; Britney was far from the sole problem. Everything, from costumes to props to choreography seemed highly rushed. I think the show itself, at time of debut, would’ve been impressive if they had really put time into it (because the budget wasn’t a problem; they showed some really impressive props and backdrops in her Vegas documentary). 

But the concepts =\= execution, and that was on all fronts. And Britney herself was simply not ready. I mean, sure, she had more energy than she did during the FF tour, but I currently have more energy than she did then, and I’ve popped two Ambien already. 

Her wigs and costumes were poorly made, Ill-fitting and unflattering. First night of her show, the place was packed with A-list celebrities, and Britney comes out with really obvious spray-tanned abs and a Party City wig:

maxresdefault.jpg

Britney-Spears-Britney-Bill-New-Jersey-t

(The above isn’t the costume she wore the first night, I actually think this was one of her best throughout the entire residency, but this was the best representation of the wig I could find)!

Everything looked unprofessional and amateurish, not at all what you would expect from the greatest hits residency of the reigning pop princess.

Since then, it’s just been a rollercoaster, never know what quality you’ll get: very good or completely unacceptable. Tons of wardrobe and prop malfunctions, lipsynching to Sia’s vocals, etc. I mean, yes, these things always happen during live shows, but she’s had more issues occur during this residency then her entire career preceding it. For example, the following has happened on at least two separate occasions that we know of:

giphy.gif

The onset of POM 2.0 was excellent and an exciting time for a long-time fan as myself, as she had her spark back, was dancing very well and the show was legitimately great. I would’ve liked to have seen it then. 

Now? I’m starting to wonder if the whole residency wasn’t a big career mistake (albeit a very positive one personally, which is arguably far more important in the big scheme of things). 

I wasn't here on exhell but i was a huge fan already, i must say that even tho she was a bit thicker she used to execute the coreographies very well, she was more precise imo! Although to me the best was Summer 2015 (she was precise, she had a great energy and she was on FIRE :queenflopga:) and early 2016, then i think she got bored of it because sure there were some changes but the show was pretty much the same :yaknow: and that's when she started skipping the choreos, she started walking instead of dancing, tics etc... :imok:

I remember losing my **** first time I saw the MATM/Black out segment. I thought the costumes were tragic (little did I know :akii:)

Then the revamp happened and I was slayed entirely. Everything was on point. Her hair was great, good looking costumes, and everything. 

And then we have this tragic so called tour. 

When POM started I had just become a stan but I wasn’t on exhale yet, so I didn’t see every single mess up and ugly outfit. I remember thinking it was a massive improvement from FFT, and I liked the different color wigs (though they got pretty cheap as time went on). I do remember the negative attention for her painted abs tho. Her personality and dancing was the best I had seen in forever, and I was slayed by the performances of 3, oops, MATM, lucky, stronger and crazy. I never liked IWG tho. She just kept improving and when the show peaked from pre-mermaidney to 2016ney, I remember thinking she was finally back. I was on exhale then so I remember people hating on that too though, especially after a few days had passed. Of course she has gotten less into it since then, but she’s still a better performer than she ever was 07-14. The costumes are much less ugly and the overall show is an improvement from 2017, which imo was the worst. 

I was against it when announced but was okay with it because I figured it would only be two years and she would really improve and keep practicing. Plus with not traveling could focus on good strong eras and promote. 

Little did I know the show wouldn’t be that good and she would only become a really lazy person....and it would go on for the next decade. 

Archived