The Official Britney Spears Piece Of Me Tour Thread: Brighton, UK - August 4 (Brighton Pride)

• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, W0rkBitch said:

57.000 people/

supporting lgbt comm

yet

she didnt know where she was. she didnt even pause to give a small speach of support.

I dont care about POM, let her run it for a decade, but the above is UNACCEPTABLE, sorry.

This is so true, she is acting like a robot, i feel like her brain is not working at all when she gets nervous 

3 hours ago, W0rkBitch said:

57.000 people/

supporting lgbt comm

yet

she didnt know where she was. she didnt even pause to give a small speach of support.

I dont care about POM, let her run it for a decade, but the above is UNACCEPTABLE, sorry.

My thoughts exactly. I just don't care about POM anymore, but I was hoping for a little speech, SOMETHING. 

11 hours ago, HairFlipQueen said:

just knew it was true! She doesn't give a shiny **** about where she is, I've read a few comments saying that she didn't seem connected to the fact that this was a Pride event - she literally IS like a robot who can't go off script and is programmed to speak at exact times and have the same little moves at every moment...idk she used to have such a spontaneity about her and a freedom on stage

It’s honestly very disappointing she didn’t acknowledge the event itself at all; it’s a huge deal, she was the headliner and since she was just given the GLAAD award, she absolutely should’ve gone off-script and at least said something about pride or equality. Plus, didn’t “she” specifically post on IG months ago saying how excited she was for Brighton Pride (and didn’t do that regarding any other tour dates)? Or am I (pulling a Britney) and misremembering? Disappointing nevertheless.  

2 hours ago, zone said:

This is so true, she is acting like a robot, i feel like her brain is not working at all when she gets nervous 

This is actually more or less true, in terms of functional neuroanatomy. When someone is really anxious, their brain is overwhelmed with cortisol (the primary stress hormone, and along with epinephrine known as the “fight or flight” hormone), and their prefrontal cortex, comprised of executive functioning (such as memory, judgment, complex social interactions) essentially shuts down while the cortisol takes over and puts their body into autopilot.

Some people with terrible social anxiety, for example, can give a public speech and they are so nervous whilst talking they actually “black out” during the event, despite being conscious and completing the task. Afterward, they’ll have minimal-to-no memory of the event. 

ETA: Not excusing Britney’s disappointing performance, but wanted to offer a bit more biological context regarding your insightful comment.

3 hours ago, hey over there said:

I agree I went to a cabaret Britney show and I equally enjoyed that it’s such a shame. But it’s truest her 

Yup. I saw POM last week and it was just like being in a nightclub on Britney night. She wasn’t the main draw at all. I never thought I’d say that about her :-/

15 minutes ago, LostInAnImage said:

It’s honestly very disappointing she didn’t acknowledge the event itself at all; it’s a huge deal, she was the headliner and since she was just given the GLAAD award, she absolutely should’ve gone off-script and at least said something about pride or equality. Plus, didn’t “she” specifically post on IG months ago saying how excited she was for Brighton Pride (and didn’t do that regarding any other tour dates)? Or am I (pulling a Britney) and misremembering? Disappointing nevertheless.  

Yes absolutely, considering she was headlining and is so loved in the community, she could have done a few tweaks here and there, but I knew she wouldn't. She is somehow very technical while being completely chaotic onstage, a weird combo. 

I can't remember that IG post tbh, but if she did do that then it makes even less sense and shows her distance from her fans even more.

Just thought as well - her shouting "Where are we?" was even more rude because everyone heard, I think last time she did manage to do it a bit discreetly so that the entire crowd didn't hear her being oblivious to where she was.

I'm realising more and more that I stan a performer that doesn't exist anymore.

23 hours ago, BOBIBCFBG said:

All I said was that if you think Britney's show is better than Beyonce's you need to stop lying to yourself. And I hate Beyonce. I don't care where we are lol I've been a loyal stan since 1998. But I don't have to love everything she does and the POM is not great and super messy. Like you said, it's just my opinion. Here's a better pic of Beyonce's stage so now you know what I'm talking about:

a315ad28-f240-4ca5-bc3f-dae27a456cc9.jpg

Beyonce's team spends dollars for quality. Britney's doesn't.

Damn this stage is really badass! Do you know what performance this was? I’m actually not a Beyoncé fan at all but the aesthetic has my interest piqued. It would be a perfect backdrop for Madonna during “Like A Prayer.”

25 minutes ago, December02 said:

When fans want negative reviews... this is exhell after all

I totally agree there are members on here who are just toxic™ and needlessly bash her no matter what she does, personally or professionally.

But I’m overwhelmingly very positive regarding Britney and largely give her a tremendous amount of leeway because I appreciate the magnitude of her psychological issues and what she’s overcome.  

However, last night’s performance was unacceptable, and I think the majority of us simply want the press to report accurately; to state otherwise is misleading for consumers. Most people don’t watch clips of her current performances, and recall her as being a fantastic performer. Then, when the press praises her incredibly subpar (and downright disrespectful, to be honest) show, these casual fans will be tricked into believing the astronomical ticket prices are still worth it. But they’re not. 

Either ticket prices need to be $50 across the board to reflect the quality of the show, or absolutely everything, from Britney to production to management, needs a 180 degree overhaul. 

Archived