"Cinderella" Appreciation Thread

Mc54

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Although, I do not know how successful it would have been as a single at the time...as it's already been mentioned that RnB/Urban was pretty popular then...BUT I really do love this song for nostalgic reasons. It is classic Britney. Between the music, vocals, her iconic "growling" and signature sound. 

WYSIWYG and CMYLM from her second album are also good examples of this sound.

Whatever, that's just my opinion of it, anyways.

On 7/26/2018 at 10:07 AM, LostInAnImage said:

This song is pop perfection! It’s very reminiscent of her hits from OIDIA, so I think it likely would’ve been very successful, much more so than the singles they did release. Plus the music video and performance(s) could’ve been really epic. For the MV, I always imagined something akin to her (original) Fantasy commercial, running through a fairytale like forest, adorned in a long dress and whatnot, where it’s equal parts innocent and insidious.

4088899414_0c4b3a2184_o.gif

tumblr_ltq28oWPDR1r3ty02o1_500.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

NvKg.gif

MY GOODNESS. This commercial was EVERYTHING. Her most underrated and it really accentuated her creative, mystical side she was heading towards in 2004. I miss the artistic Britney. :tiffanycries:

4 hours ago, I'mNotTheAverageLady said:

:crying4:How do you know this? She wrote Cinderella, am I right?

Apparently she didn't like Cinderella or at least had a disagreement with Max Martin over the song's lyrics but I haven't seen any confirmation about that.

She didn't like Bombastic Love though.

On 7/27/2018 at 5:02 PM, Isla. said:

You heard it in a club? :o 

But yeah it's one of the best songs from Britney (album), it should have been a single!! 

The Ritz DJ played it in NYC after her show in Radio City. It was a Britney themed after party. Hearing it on a club sound system was everything.

On 7/26/2018 at 8:07 PM, LostInAnImage said:

This song is pop perfection! It’s very reminiscent of her hits from OIDIA, so I think it likely would’ve been very successful, much more so than the singles they did release. Plus the music video and performance(s) could’ve been really epic. For the MV, I always imagined something akin to her (original) Fantasy commercial, running through a fairytale like forest, adorned in a long dress and whatnot, where it’s equal parts innocent and insidious.

4088899414_0c4b3a2184_o.gif

tumblr_ltq28oWPDR1r3ty02o1_500.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

NvKg.gif

this commercial is so beautiful but didn't they photoshop britney's face from another commercial on another woman?the girl in the last gif doesn't look like britney, did they forget to edit it?:blol:

on-topic: cinderella is one of my faves.ı love the instrumental and britney's vocals on that song.

7 hours ago, britisthecolor said:

this commercial is so beautiful but didn't they photoshop britney's face from another commercial on another woman?the girl in the last gif doesn't look like britney, did they forget to edit it?:blol:

on-topic: cinderella is one of my faves.ı love the instrumental and britney's vocals on that song.

Yeah, I had never noticed while watching the commercial, but when I looked up these gifs I was super surprised to see that last one obviously wasn't her! 

• 9 months later...
3 minutes ago, I Always Sing Live said:

Overprotected, I'm Not a Girl, Anticipating, Let Me Be, Bombastic Love and When I Found You are still superior IMO but it's a great song nevertheless.. :gloss:

Britney is the most underrated album by brini period :bedtime:

Archived