"Cinderella" Appreciation Thread

Mc54

After hearing this out in a club in 2018 -- it left me amazed at just how good she sounds on it and what could've been if it were a single. 

It has that 2000's pop style production, deep vocal performance and a cinematic theme to it that tells such a great story.

Just thought we had to appreciate it again, 17 years later!

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

YES it's one of my favourites from Britney. Listened to the whole album not long ago for the first time (baby stan here) and Cinderella was the song that got stuck on my mind the most. I'd heard Slave before obviously, so it had no wow factor for me, but this one was so catchy

This song is pop perfection! It’s very reminiscent of her hits from OIDIA, so I think it likely would’ve been very successful, much more so than the singles they did release. Plus the music video and performance(s) could’ve been really epic. For the MV, I always imagined something akin to her (original) Fantasy commercial, running through a fairytale like forest, adorned in a long dress and whatnot, where it’s equal parts innocent and insidious.

4088899414_0c4b3a2184_o.gif

tumblr_ltq28oWPDR1r3ty02o1_500.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

NvKg.gif

10 minutes ago, Kartofelek said:

Britney hated it, along with Bombastic Love. Jive even tried remixing Bombastic Love into more r'n'b thingie for the single release but Britney refused.

I've always heard this but never saw receipts. Her vocals on it are everything. She wrote the song to boot.

1 hour ago, Kartofelek said:

Britney hated it, along with Bombastic Love. Jive even tried remixing Bombastic Love into more r'n'b thingie for the single release but Britney refused.

I think the original can be heard on the bonus features on the Crossroads dvd. I love Bombastic Love, though its just another mass produced max Martin track.

Archived