What if she flops 3rd time in a row

1 hour ago, zxcvb said:

But why should Britney care about being a credible artist?  As a performer, yes.  I think she can evolve.  And I do think she's going to be singing live during this upcoming tour.

But her music?  What's the point?  Why does she need to be pretentious?  She doesn't think retelling her personal history is the public's business.

Her success goes well past music, as she's a great business woman.  And I do think she takes a lot of pride in that fact.

In relation to this post, remaining relevant to the gp, the key is to keep old fans happy and at the same court new ones. Its a tricky tightrope but that is the game. And it doesn't matter how legendary you are, you can still be dropped from your label when you dont turn a profit. And as i said, someone like Britney relies on the best songwriters and producers for bangers, who inturn have no qualms giving their songs to someone else who is more current, will make the song more successful and therefore make them more money. My issue (which i will only ever raise among fans here and NEVER around haters for i will come for them with a shovel if they speak negatively about my girl) is Brit as performer. Its not entirely about costumes, props and dancers anymore, the gp, and potential new fans, want more soul. 

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe someone else said it before in this thread, but I'll say it anyway, most artists that started their carreers in the early 2000s or even mid 2000s are not big on the streaming market.

And streaming is getting more & more important, so how could she not 'flop', which is a question of how you define it.

Plus, her core fanbase isn't nearly as big as the fanbase of, say, Ariana or Taylor. I don't see Britney pulling big sales again, it's not like she seems determined to re-invent herself either. I've come to terms with that, as long as she's invested in the new album & gives us some kind of Glory 2.0, it could be worse.

Man I swear if Britney was continuously outselling herself with every album and her success and fame just soared and never paused half of you people would have nothing to talk about.

AND... ok let me just add...

Maybe artists who came to life in the 90's don't sell and stream so many copies these days which I understand but it seems people would rather see her perform than buy her album perhaps, people are travelling the planet to see her show in Vegas and her tours.

Britney is more of a celebrated artist than a current artist, thats what a 20 year legacy gives you.

4 hours ago, nels64 said:

Producers don’t have to be well known to make good music. Look at all these lesser known acts putting out great music. 

She can definitely go for lesser known producers and write her own **** and make great music. It’s not about charts. In fact sometimes being on top makes the music more generic and shittier imo. Look how Maroon 5 has evolved. 

Yeah but to be honest unknown producers would do anything to work with her, as known producers would request some kind of work ethic and quality to even bother finishing a song for her.

But it's just an assumption made by me and already proven wrong with Britney Jean I guess.

6 hours ago, DarkBlue said:

Man I swear if Britney was continuously outselling herself with every album and her success and fame just soared and never paused half of you people would have nothing to talk about.

Maybe artists who came to life in the 90's don't sell and stream so many copies these days which I understand but it seems people would rather see her perform than buy her album perhaps, people are travelling the planet to see her show in Vegas and her tours.

Britney is more of a celebrated artist than a current artist, thats what a 20 year legacy gives you.

But playing on that legacy card is only apprehensible if you really love what you do and are proud of what you did. 

Britney doesn't even know the words to many of her own songs, hasn't sung them live in decades and overall comments everything in her prime as stupid or dumb thing.

So I don't care how good she sells shows, for me POM is her selling her soul, instead of taking the artistic freedom she has to make "art".

1 hour ago, pieceof15yearold*loveyall said:

But playing on that legacy card is only apprehensible if you really love what you do and are proud of what you did. 

Britney doesn't even know the words to many of her own songs, hasn't sung them live in decades and overall comments everything in her prime as stupid or dumb thing.

So I don't care how good she sells shows, for me POM is her selling her soul, instead of taking the artistic freedom she has to make "art".

That's what pop is about tho.

POP has always been about legacy

14 hours ago, BritneysBitch82 said:

In relation to this post, remaining relevant to the gp, the key is to keep old fans happy and at the same court new ones. Its a tricky tightrope but that is the game. And it doesn't matter how legendary you are, you can still be dropped from your label when you dont turn a profit. And as i said, someone like Britney relies on the best songwriters and producers for bangers, who inturn have no qualms giving their songs to someone else who is more current, will make the song more successful and therefore make them more money. My issue (which i will only ever raise among fans here and NEVER around haters for i will come for them with a shovel if they speak negatively about my girl) is Brit as performer. Its not entirely about costumes, props and dancers anymore, the gp, and potential new fans, want more soul. 

Have you seen half the **** that's on the charts?

Trust me they are not asking for anything deep 

9 hours ago, DarkBlue said:

These fools don't seem to understand that She's a vet

She's seen and done it all

I think she should just release a single for the summer. Don't let it "leak" again so she can get as many sales/streams as possible. Don't let the video leak. Do a few TV performances, she's gonna be in NYC/NJ for several days so she could easily do a today show perfomance. She can do a few in europe when she's there too. Maybe after the song has been out like a month, if it's starting to fall on the charts do a remix with Cardi B to boost it. Then when she's done with the tour in the fall, put out another song and the video in the fall and announce her new residency will start in the begining of 2019. And maybe do less residency dates, like Bruno Mars does, then she'll have time to do other stuff career related. 

9 hours ago, Cappycorn87 said:

Have you seen half the **** that's on the charts?

Trust me they are not asking for anything deep 

Im more referring to the quality of her live performances. The music is fantastic, as always, but for a relatively successful era, you kinda need the support of radio and gp. And promoting a new single requires her to perform at awards and talk shows, ect. The gp aint gonna be excited with her level of performance. And then, if youve managed to pull in a few new fans, your concerts better impress. I wish she would watch a Madonna concert for inspiration again. 

5 minutes ago, BritneysBitch82 said:

Im more referring to the quality of her live performances. The music is fantastic, as always, but for a relatively successful era, you kinda need the support of radio and gp. And promoting a new single requires her to perform at awards and talk shows, ect. The gp aint gonna be excited with her level of performance. And then, if youve managed to pull in a few new fans, your concerts better impress. I wish she would watch a Madonna concert for inspiration again. 

Have you really seen how most of todays acts perform?

Trust me when I say that they will not have a prob with Britney who actaully can perform, if they tolerate most of todays acts who suck on stage.

13 minutes ago, Cappycorn87 said:

Have you really seen how most of todays acts perform?

Trust me when I say that they will not have a prob with Britney who actaully can perform, if they tolerate most of todays acts who suck on stage.

I cringe though when i see her lipping badly to over processed studio vocals... Case in point her last awards shows the VMas and Billboards. The worst was when Rihanna brought her out for S&M. She looked like an amateur against a relative newbie like Rihanna and Nikki come to think of it. And the reviews were not good. I remember one headline "no singing no dancing. Is this what we can look forward to?" the public expects more from a legend. She needs to pre record, watching her old clips often i cant even tell if she is singing or lipping. This is what she needs again. Or reinvent herself as a performer. Sing live, use her back up singers to take over during chorus ala Beyonce.  

The industry has changed. Streaming is king. Britneys team still release albums and singles like its 2000. Video HAS TO debut with the song! It has to have that streaming impact. Both MM and WB couldve been huge hits if promoted correctly. Even Perfume and SP couldve been hits if released the right way.

People do check for Britney when she releases something new. The reason being that her previous releases were HUGE and had high budget, amazing videos. The MM video and pushed back release ruined the whole Glory era. It was like they gave up. 

Archived