What if she flops 3rd time in a row

She should have evolved as an artist. Back in the 90s, when manufacturered pop was huge and people wanted eye candy they didn't care about artist being real and unscripted on stage. Now the gp wants singer/songwriters. This is why Madonna still does the theatrics but adds smaller intimate moments of introspection in her albums and on stage. Britneys peers too... Xtina, Jt, Bey, Pink. This is how they remained relevant and credible to the gp. Britneys team is relying too heavily on nostalgia and a time and place in the industry that the gp has long since moved on from . Right now she is basically a Britney Tribute Act (and saldy not the best one out there). I had hoped she would use the two years in vegas to grow as a performer, regain confidence in presence onstage (which has happend) and her voice and sing more and more tracks live as she did more shows, rediscover her passion as a dancer but only break it out at selected moments in the show. Not every song needs a dancebreak. Another fear is that someone like Britney basically relies on songwriters and producers for hits. And they profit from the royalties if the song is a success.  If the songs flop because the gp doesn't support her, then obviously the songwriters will go elsewhere - say Rihanna or Selena - when they have a track they think will be a banger. I don't know if its too late to reinvent herself as a credible artist, but i trully think thats the key to a legacy where people remember more than just the first 10 years of your career.  

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, IconicShow said:

Solo females are still having success.

Taylor Swift

Lady Gaga

Nicki Minaj

Cardi B

Camilla Cabello

many more

In what world did Lady Gaga have a hit in the past 5 years and did not cancel a tour in the past 3 years?

She'll never flop as hard as Xtina.

Britney's been around for 20 years now, and there's interest in her.

She's an icon of the global pop culture.

She might not get global hits anymore but she'll never have to cancel tours for lack of sales, and the POM tour and residency proved that :yaknow: 

Even tho we're all done with POM, we can't deny that she's been doing well with a washed out not so good show for the past 5 years, lipping WB over and over even made it a "hit" when it clearly wasn't in the first place.

People will always be interested in Britney.

She'll at least always be a "souvenir" from an era where "everything was easier" aka the early 2000's, and the late 2000's early 2010 really installed her icon status :tbh:

8 hours ago, BritneysBitch82 said:

She should have evolved as an artist. Back in the 90s, when manufacturered pop was huge and people wanted eye candy they didn't care about artist being real and unscripted on stage. Now the gp wants singer/songwriters. This is why Madonna still does the theatrics but adds smaller intimate moments of introspection in her albums and on stage. Britneys peers too... Xtina, Jt, Bey, Pink. This is how they remained relevant and credible to the gp. Britneys team is relying too heavily on nostalgia and a time and place in the industry that the gp has long since moved on from . Right now she is basically a Britney Tribute Act (and saldy not the best one out there). I had hoped she would use the two years in vegas to grow as a performer, regain confidence in presence onstage (which has happend) and her voice and sing more and more tracks live as she did more shows, rediscover her passion as a dancer but only break it out at selected moments in the show. Not every song needs a dancebreak. Another fear is that someone like Britney basically relies on songwriters and producers for hits. And they profit from the royalties if the song is a success.  If the songs flop because the gp doesn't support her, then obviously the songwriters will go elsewhere - say Rihanna or Selena - when they have a track they think will be a banger. I don't know if its too late to reinvent herself as a credible artist, but i trully think thats the key to a legacy where people remember more than just the first 10 years of your career.  

Britney more interested in being authentic and true to herself

Her music has evolved

You want her to do boring, pretentious music?

Britney legacy is just fine

7 minutes ago, Cappycorn87 said:

Her music has evolved

Being authentic while lipping to 20 years old tracks? 

3 hours ago, Cappycorn87 said:

Her music has evolved

I want her to evolve and mature as a performer the way her peers all have. POM is essentially DWAD tour but without the energy of a 20 year old. She literally cannot match her dancers who are still 20 years old. Why do you think JT is considered more credible as an artist? Or Xtina even. They matured and theyre not boring. 

Britney will always have the capacity to be successful, it just depends on marketing, her effort and her teams competancy. Flopping any number of times doesn’t make it impossible for a legend like her to come back. Cher didn’t realease a single successful album for most of the 70’s and 80’s, and then came back with turn back time, her biggest hit until that point, then 10 years later, she came back even harder with believe. Mariah came back after half a decade of flopping, Madonna almost as long. It’s not impossible for someone with a legacy to recover from 2, 3, or 10 flop albums. It just depends on the music and the hard work. So to answer your question, there will just be another album of hers no one knows, for just the fans to (hopefully) enjoy. Really, the longer she stays away, the bigger a potential comeback could be (if played right). 

10 minutes ago, IconicShow said:

Britney hasn't been authentic since shes been in a C Ship.

This isn't the real Britney we're seeing shes under control legally and I doubt this would be the same Britney if she was free.

What is the real Britney?

This will be interesting to hear since You do not know her

51 minutes ago, Cappycorn87 said:

What is the real Britney?

This will be interesting to hear since You do not know her

Britney said herself she used to be a cool chick.

Britney herself said now shes boring and loves her bed, hence the restraints she's under and mentioned in For The Record that everyday is like "groundhog day" and very "boring".

Britney said her life is "too in control"

The real Britney likes to do what she wants, she curses, smokes, loves to shop freely and shes not that innocent.

Britney isn't fully happy and shes expressed that many times and best believe Britney would be a different Britney without the C Ship.

20 hours ago, ydmc said:

In what world did Lady Gaga have a hit in the past 5 years and did not cancel a tour in the past 3 years?

Exactly!

Also... Nicki is flopping atm compared to Nicki standards and even tho Tay Tay may be making bank on her tour... lets face it... on the charts... :janet:

1 hour ago, IconicShow said:

Britney said herself she used to be a cool chick.

Britney herself said now shes boring and loves her bed, hence the restraints she's under and mentioned in For The Record that everyday is like "groundhog day" and very "boring".

Britney said her life is "too in control"

The real Britney likes to do what she wants, she curses, smokes, loves to shop freely and shes not that innocent.

Britney isn't fully happy and shes expressed that many times and best believe Britney would be a different Britney without the C Ship.

That was Britney when she was younger  with no kids and no marriage 

She got married, had 2 kids and grew up and became a woman/adult.

Most parents don't feel cool

For the Record was filmed in 2008 when she was 26

She's 36 in 2018 and a lot has changed since she shot that

22 hours ago, BritneysBitch82 said:

But why should Britney care about being a credible artist?  As a performer, yes.  I think she can evolve.  And I do think she's going to be singing live during this upcoming tour.

But her music?  What's the point?  Why does she need to be pretentious?  She doesn't think retelling her personal history is the public's business.

Her success goes well past music, as she's a great business woman.  And I do think she takes a lot of pride in that fact.

Archived