Though I doubt she cares

Black_Out

12 hours ago, sunkissed said:

Britney's over. 

If she released Toxic today with the same video, it would flop.

She's irrelevant. She's at the point where she could do whatever she wants, and it would do no good nor damage to her career, because she has a passive, stagnant, never-evolving career.

She's alive because she has millions of fans worldwide (myself included) who continue to follow her endlessly for different reasons (mainly nostalgia and hope.) Unlike people like Beyonce or even Madonna, Britney doesn't care to or is unable to grow.

She doesn't sing live, and she's lost the only thing she was ever really good at (performing and her beauty/youth)

She has nothing to offer for, I don't know, potential future-stans like an 8-year old girl browsing Spotify/Youtube/IG. The only thing Britney still has that none of her pop peers have, is her legacy-nostalgia. But, neither of those matter to the GP or potential new fans. They want currency and relevancy. 

Beyonce could lend Britney her entire team of creative directors, visual artists, writers, producers, composers, make-up and hair team, costume designers, choreographers, her army of back-up dancers, and everything that makes Beyonce, Beyonce.. and Britney would still fall flat on her face.

I'm not being mean, but we should all accept Britney for who she is now. She doesn't possess the talent or drive that she used to. She doesn't have the backbone to stand against the test of time. She will always flop from now on, unless she changes, but I don't think she will.

harsh, but so true.

and i love her anyway.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, Complication said:

I complete disagree about the talent part. I actually think in this stage of her life she has more to offer us and could be slaying if she wanted to. She's never going to be the *it* girl again nor does she need to be, but she could still be relevant and at the top of her game. Unfortunately she's holding herself back for whatever reason (mental health / laziness) and I don't see that ever changing. 

I mean, she was never really a great singer and she also never gave her voice the chance to improve due to the years of not singing. Her only real talent was her dancing or showmanship, she doesn't have that anymore either. She also had a lot hype, which isn't really a talent but something a lot of talented people are missing, but she doesn't have that either anymore. That's just what I meant when I said she doesn't have talent or anything to offer anymore.

I still love her, and I agree that she's the only person holding herself back. We fans blame her team, Larry, Brian Friedman, etc. but it's really all just Britney's doing. She can definitely offer us more, something other than singing or performing, but Britney is a great person and has a lot of heart to give.

5 hours ago, David Rose said:

harsh, but so true.

and i love her anyway.

I love her too. We all do, and we won't ever stop. Her fanbase will just keep crumbling though, because she isn't replenishing fans jumping ships with new ones.

One day, she won't see it coming, but one day, she won't even sell any more than 30k albums and she's just gonna move to a farm and we'll never see her again :kyliecry:

1 minute ago, sunkissed said:

I love her too. We all do, and we won't ever stop. Her fanbase will just keep crumbling though, because she isn't replenishing fans jumping ships with new ones.

One day, she won't see it coming, but one day, she won't even sell any more than 30k albums and she's just gonna move to a farm and we'll never see her again :kyliecry:

Honestly its what she should have done after Circus tbh

Her legacy would have been huge. Now it really has crumbled a lot. 

Britney :pleaseshhh: Does :pleaseshhh: Not :pleaseshhh: Care:pleaseshhh:

It's all a money game these days, and therefore has killed her relevancy and cemented her status as a legacy act. If she were in it for the "art" or "music" then that would reflect in both her stage presence and the music - don't pretend the quality of basically everything she has released since BO/Circus has steadily declined whether it be visual or musically. It's been hit-and-miss all the way.

1 minute ago, Spearsfan said:

Honestly its what she should have done after Circus tbh

Her legacy would have been huge. Now it really has crumbled a lot. 

IKR, she should've just went out with a bang.

Her last album and world tour.

I never thought she would dip this low to Christina Aguilera-level of irrelevancy, but that's where we are.

She still has her debut-2004 legacy, though. That will never be touched. Not even by her floppiness and lame-ness now. 

She will always be Britney Spears.

6 minutes ago, sunkissed said:

IKR, she should've just went out with a bang.

Her last album and world tour.

I never thought she would dip this low to Christina Aguilera-level of irrelevancy, but that's where we are.

She still has her debut-2004 legacy, though. That will never be touched. Not even by her floppiness and lame-ness now. 

She will always be Britney Spears.

Ppl will always know who she is but it really brings down with how there is little hype for her career in the last decade. 

It really weakens her legacy. 

Ppl will remember her classics and icon moments but Britney as an artist legacy just isn’t there now. 

Archived