Jump to content

Though I doubt she cares


Black_Out

Recommended Posts

All Brit Brit needs is a smooth and catchy banger (ONE KISS or just another perfect Calvin Harris beat) and a video on the level of LWYMMD or NMTLTC (Taylor & Ari). Brit would SLAY. Visuals are very important for streams as we all know, but the new Ari song falls so short imo. We all know it will do great though because that video is amazing. I'm ready for Britney slayage. Its an easy formula. She can still reinvent herself with the proper plan and people/be successful. The summer tour is perfect timing. Take my advice Brit. Call Calvin and Joseph Kahn. Problem solved.

Link to comment
  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

An amazing song wont have much of a impact if Britney doesn’t put her heart 110% into it. She can release a masterpiece, but if she doesn’t promote it, or releases a half assed video for it, it won’t have much of an impact. It will go to #1 on iTunes, because, well, it’s Britney, but in a month or so, people will forget about it.

Look at Slumber Party, amazing song and video but nothing else was done for it except the performances at her POM shows. But besides her main fanbase, that won’t get the GP’s attention. Most people don’t even know the song exists.

 

Link to comment

they're not going to give her the money to finance anything of that magnitude unless she contractually agrees to a certain amount of effort. it would be unwise to invest in her. the events of the make me video are indicative of why they shouldn't/wouldn't front that much money. there is little to no return, especially with her sales/streams. she is not relevant enough to garner interest and she doesn't really care to change. in her mind she has nothing to prove and would prefer a pedestrian career imo. they continue to do bare minimum to keep her happy and pay the bills imo. you must accept this.

Link to comment

It's not just about a good song or a good video anymore. The only way she promoted her singles lately was literally social media and saying that she has a new song and go buy on iTunes. She needs to utilize her social media better. I mean, look at Ariana now, her promo before single release was so simple yet so effective. She used other people to give hints, her team basically released a buzz in media that she has a new single coming and then she starts to tease on her social medias. And it worked, she created a great hype even though the song is not her best, but it's still good. And people will eat it up. Britney doesn't do that anymore, she did it last in Femme Fatale era and it was great. Even with Kenzo now, she tweeted maybe once or twice and posted couple of pics on Instagram and that was just when it was announced. No words about it since. I really don't get it why they don't do promo anymore.

Link to comment
2 hours ago, --- said:

they're not going to give her the money to finance anything of that magnitude unless she contractually agrees to a certain amount of effort. it would be unwise to invest in her. the events of the make me video are indicative of why they shouldn't/wouldn't front that much money. there is little to no return, especially with her sales/streams. she is not relevant enough to garner interest and she doesn't really care to change. in her mind she has nothing to prove and would prefer a pedestrian career imo. they continue to do bare minimum to keep her happy and pay the bills imo. you must accept this.

I highly doubt money is the biggest problem. She was miserable FF era and it was highly successful. Make Me had a proper video and the promo did seem promising, so once again that is not a great example. We only know it didn't work, but not why. Selling (imo) isn't based on a ton of promo anymore as streams and the internet count much more. A stunning visual and good beat is all you really need these days and the rest will follow, hence why I recommended a Calvin collab and good director. 

Link to comment
1 hour ago, marrecarney said:

It's not just about a good song or a good video anymore. The only way she promoted her singles lately was literally social media and saying that she has a new song and go buy on iTunes. She needs to utilize her social media better. I mean, look at Ariana now, her promo before single release was so simple yet so effective. She used other people to give hints, her team basically released a buzz in media that she has a new single coming and then she starts to tease on her social medias. And it worked, she created a great hype even though the song is not her best, but it's still good. And people will eat it up. Britney doesn't do that anymore, she did it last in Femme Fatale era and it was great. Even with Kenzo now, she tweeted maybe once or twice and posted couple of pics on Instagram and that was just when it was announced. No words about it since. I really don't get it why they don't do promo anymore.

I know but I also wont be surprised when her song blows up and she does little to no other promo. A million interviews and performances wont impact as strong these days. Mtv's VMAs, Diary, Making The Video and TRL were massive in sharing the success of Britney. Today its streams and social media. Heavy promo isn't needed (wouldn't hurt) but ultimately a catchy beat and visual pays off big time.

Link to comment
3 hours ago, JustLuvMe said:

Her hearts not in it anymore, it's like she doesn't even care about her legacy :kyliecry:

She just does it for a job these days :kyliecry:

Well she’s already established her legacy. It makes me laugh, the exhalers who think releasing a music video or something that isn’t grandiose or revolutionary will destroy her legacy. It’s set in stone, she’s a pop legend. 

And no, I don’t think she does it as a job these days. Her bank account is not hurting. She’s just doing what she wants, experimenting and playing around with music sounds, performing at venues she’s comfortable with. Maybe just enjoying what she does after years of it being “just a job”. 

Link to comment
2 hours ago, Black_Out said:

I highly doubt money is the biggest problem. She was miserable FF era and it was highly successful. Make Me had a proper video and the promo did seem promising, so once again that is not a great example. We only know it didn't work, but not why. Selling (imo) isn't based on a ton of promo anymore as streams and the internet count much more. A stunning visual and good beat is all you really need these days and the rest will follow, hence why I recommended a Calvin collab and good director. 

they would pay for it out of their own pockets if that were the case. money isn't the problem, profit is. utilizing the budget given by the label to produce a music video that is scrapped, then producing a cheaper alternative video to make up for it, looks irresponsible in the eyes of investors. i didn't specify that sales are based on promo, but sales are based on image and effort to keep up said image. her agreeing to a certain amount of appearances and keeping up a certain type of image would be a method to calm investors and receive more money for a single/album/video budget. 

Link to comment

Britney's over. 

If she released Toxic today with the same video, it would flop.

She's irrelevant. She's at the point where she could do whatever she wants, and it would do no good nor damage to her career, because she has a passive, stagnant, never-evolving career.

She's alive because she has millions of fans worldwide (myself included) who continue to follow her endlessly for different reasons (mainly nostalgia and hope.) Unlike people like Beyonce or even Madonna, Britney doesn't care to or is unable to grow.

She doesn't sing live, and she's lost the only thing she was ever really good at (performing and her beauty/youth)

She has nothing to offer for, I don't know, potential future-stans like an 8-year old girl browsing Spotify/Youtube/IG. The only thing Britney still has that none of her pop peers have, is her legacy-nostalgia. But, neither of those matter to the GP or potential new fans. They want currency and relevancy. 

Beyonce could lend Britney her entire team of creative directors, visual artists, writers, producers, composers, make-up and hair team, costume designers, choreographers, her army of back-up dancers, and everything that makes Beyonce, Beyonce.. and Britney would still fall flat on her face.

I'm not being mean, but we should all accept Britney for who she is now. She doesn't possess the talent or drive that she used to. She doesn't have the backbone to stand against the test of time. She will always flop from now on, unless she changes, but I don't think she will.

Link to comment

Why does everybody keep bringing up Joseph Kahn? That guy will only treat her music video as a demo reel for movie gigs and he’s gonna find a way to make it an action sci fi because that’s what he’s dying to direct.

Plus he’s a whiner 

Link to comment
2 hours ago, sunkissed said:

She doesn't possess the talent or drive that she used to.

I complete disagree about the talent part. I actually think in this stage of her life she has more to offer us and could be slaying if she wanted to. She's never going to be the *it* girl again nor does she need to be, but she could still be relevant and at the top of her game. Unfortunately she's holding herself back for whatever reason (mental health / laziness) and I don't see that ever changing. 

Link to comment
12 hours ago, Black_Out said:

All Brit Brit needs is a smooth and catchy banger (ONE KISS or just another perfect Calvin Harris beat) and a video on the level of LWYMMD or NMTLTC (Taylor & Ari).

But good songs are not that easy to get.

Song writers would rather give good songs to more relevant acts.

Link to comment

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...