Gwen Stefani Reportedly Readying Las Vegas Residency

Jordan Miller

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She has like 2 albums of material, unless she's going to also perform No Doubt stuff. Shes well known cause of The Voice I guess, but I don't think she's someone who people going to Vegas would want to go see. Hollaback Girl is really her only memorable hit, and that was 12 years ago....

2 minutes ago, Trentals said:

She has like 2 albums of material, unless she's going to also perform No Doubt stuff. Shes well known cause of The Voice I guess, but I don't think she's someone who people going to Vegas would want to go see. Hollaback Girl is really her only memorable hit, and that was 12 years ago....

I kinda agree. Good for her working and keeping busy, I totally respect it. But I just don't know anyone who would travel to Vegas just for her show. 

Tons of people flew out to Vegas for the reason of seeing Britney, Vegas itself was just an afterthought. The same will be said for Gaga I'm sure. With Gwen I feel like it'll be the opposite. Vegas will be the main attraction, and her show will be an afterthought once landing. 

5 minutes ago, Chaoscontrol said:

I kinda agree. Good for her working and keeping busy, I totally respect it. But I just don't know anyone who would travel to Vegas just for her show. 

Tons of people flew out to Vegas for the reason of seeing Britney, Vegas itself was just an afterthought. The same will be said for Gaga I'm sure. With Gwen I feel like it'll be the opposite. Vegas will be the main attraction, and her show will be an afterthought once landing. 

Exactly! I think people who are IN Vegas may go see her, whereas people like Britney/Cher/Gaga/JLo people specifically come to Vegas for them.
I do quite like Gwen, but she hasn't really had any major hits, besides one, that you can base a whole show around. She doesn't have the material. I know my parents would know a few songs from all the others, and they are your average people who would go and see a show, but I doubt they could name a Gwen song, or even know that she's had a solo career and done anything except The Voice. 

13 minutes ago, IUSAtonight said:

The Oreos thing again. I don't get it tbh. It's just a commercial no more different than what Britney did with Twister.

While I agree, the Oreo jokes are getting a bit played out (although I do lol at them sometimes); but the difference is Britney has consistently released music and performed while Xtina has only had the Oreo gig lately. That's why everyone keeps poking fun :unbothered:

7 minutes ago, Chaoscontrol said:

While I agree, the Oreo jokes are getting a bit played out (although I do lol at them sometimes); but the difference is Britney has consistently released music and performed while Xtina has only had the Oreo gig lately. That's why everyone keeps poking fun :unbothered:

Well yeah she takes a million years to release an album and people forget about her but that is a different thing.  Why wouldn't she make some money in the meantime. I get the joke but i think it's a bit unfair :unbothered:

1 hour ago, IUSAtonight said:

Well yeah she takes a million years to release an album and people forget about her but that is a different thing.  Why wouldn't she make some money in the meantime. I get the joke but i think it's a bit unfair :unbothered:

Britney was in her gold radio era with twister :sassybrit:

christina ...:toocute:

7 hours ago, really really cool guy said:

Anyways I don't think she'll stay there for more than a year. Maybe she'll do something like 15 shows max. I honestly don't think she'll do that good. Maybe Xtuna would be a better option. She fits perfectly in Vegas (except for her overall sales, she'll flop hard but not as hard as Gwen)

Well, nobody expected J-Lo to do as good as she has been doing, same thing for the Backstreet Boys. Gwen has bops, like really good bops! And still, she has songs from No Doubt to sing that everybody can sing along. The heads from Planet Hollywood will probably do the same thing they did with the boys, announce like 10 shows and if it's well received by the public and critics, extend her schedule for a year and half.

Put the money on her hand and I belive she can pull a great pop show and visually way better than POM If you might ask . She has the visuals, the stage presence, a big selection of songs that can please basically every demographic. I would go nuts on a show of hers and I'm not even that big of a fan.

X-tina on the other hand, would have to come with blood on her eyes and ready to kill to even make people care for her show. If she goes to Vegas with her "private parties and weddings" kinda of show she's been doing than she's done.

Archived