Britney appeared in a creepy photobook by Brett Ratner

jennyj

This is really disturbing. I was reading this heartbreaking story on GQ from one of my childhood fav actors, Brandon Fraser. And he mentions Ratner personally invited him to his house and got him to take a photo in his private photobooth.  It was later used in a photo book without his consent.  He mentions some other names including Britney, who he felt didn't know about this either :(

The director of the film [Superman] at the time was Brett Ratner, currently accused of ****** misconduct by multiple women, but who was then just another fast-talking Hollywood director. (Ratner, through his attorney, has denied the accusations.) Since the studio was interested in Fraser, and Fraser was interested in the script, Ratner asked Fraser to come by his house one morning to talk about the role. “He rolled down and he looked still asleep,” Fraser remembers. “And there was a photo booth. Like, a retro, old-timey black-and-white photo booth. And he said, ‘Would you want to do a photo?’ So I sat down and got my picture taken in the booth. And he opened the door to show me that, you know, it was all real. It wasn't digital or anything like that. And I was like, ‘You can't open the booth.’ ” Ratner had exposed the film. “He pulled it out and he went, ‘Oh… Gee, it's all white. Can we do it again?’ ”

But Ratner told Fraser he was working on a book of these photos, and so, despite his misgivings, and because he wanted to be Superman, Fraser went back in the booth and took the picture again. And then “the meeting ended with him sitting on a pool table with a phone getting into a full-throated argument with somebody at the studio, I don't know why.”

Ratner did, ultimately, publish a book of photographs. It appeared in Fraser's house one day, he's still not sure how—certainly he never gave his consent to appear in it. He paged through the book: Michael Jackson, Chelsea Clinton, Harvey Keitel, Britney Spears, Sean Combs, Shaquille O'Neal, Val Kilmer, Jay-Z, a cavalcade of stars who wandered through this strange photo booth on some strange day and whose images were captured, for reasons that were probably never clear to any of them, reasons that weren't always sound or rational but there they were, in black and white.

Ugh this is so eerie.

Read the full article here:

https://www.gq.com/story/what-ever-happened-to-brendan-fraser

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont know any of them but i don't understand what's wrong or even creepy here?? Ratner guy said the pictures in the photobooth were for a photobook so why is the guy surprised he's in it? Unless he's dumb he knew the photos were taken to be in it. He gave his consent by taking the pictures knowing it would be used for the book.

Because he didn't understand a thing that day doesn't mean it's the case for the others celebs.

• Super Mods
7 hours ago, Caroline77 said:

I dont know any of them but i don't understand what's wrong or even creepy here?? Ratner guy said the pictures in the photobooth were for a photobook so why is the guy surprised he's in it? Unless he's dumb he knew the photos were taken to be in it. He gave his consent by taking the pictures knowing it would be used for the book.

Because he didn't understand a thing that day doesn't mean it's the case for the others celebs.

I think he thought it was for personal use. Like when I photograph models or do any filming with actors, they sign a waiver just in case to protect me so they don’t sue me or what not.I know talents are required to sign model release forms that basically gives consent to whatever the photos will be used for especially in commercial world. So if Brett is making money off of it and the subject did not sign the waiver, then Brett can’t release it or profit from it without the subjects consent. I don’t know about this situation though since it seems like an after thought that it would be cool to put into a book. Ratner is still a scum and I still love Brendan though.

8 hours ago, Caroline77 said:

They were invited to his house for 'business' reasons not explicitly asked to take photos. Also there was no waiver signed.  Just because someone takes a pic of you (in a private setting), doesn't mean they're allowed to publish it without your permission.  In a public setting, it's legal.  But from what I understood he implied it was for a personal photobook not a published one.  

I'm curious what Brit's pic looked like... and also why Brit was even there for given that he's a movie director not related to music.

Archived