"...Because when it comes to actually getting on that stage and nailing it, there is nobody better who has ever gotten on a stage and I truly believe that."

On 2/19/2018 at 3:53 PM, ElectricPlatypusLove said:

It was one of the most exciting moments of my youth and life. I was in full-blown Britney-mania by the time Oops! was released.

It was my first big pop show. I was meant to see Britney in September 1999 at this YM Magazine concert in Los Angeles but got in trouble at school that week and was punished by not being allowed to go. That was devastating.

Fortunately  by the time the Oops! Tour came around, my mom was fond of Britney herself, so she got 4 tickets to the tour--2 for she and her friend to enjoy from somewhere further back at the venue, and 2 for my best friend Jessica and I to have as good as seats as we could possible get. (8th row center)

I remember arriving in the daylight. My best friend Jessica got her makeup done professionally at Neimen Marcus department store and was bronzed to the max. Girl group Dream were performing in the parking area/venue reception area with a KIISFM van or something.

We both bought programs. We were ecstatic when we headed to our seats and saw how close they were. Basically our line of vision was the stage, it was perfect. A mother with younger children behind us kept telling us to sit down because of how much she paid for her tickets and we said we paid more and that it was a concert and to loosen up.

Mikaila & A*Teens were the openers. At one point the audience saw Marie from A*Teens peaking out from behind the curtain and got hysterical thinking she was Britney.

Seeing Britney appear from her orb and stand with her arms above her head is really the moment of the show I most vividly remember. I had chills all over my body and she was gorgeous and REAL and it was just an amazing experience. The show went by quickly. Hearing all the songs with a live band and backing singers and what I thought at the time were all live vocals (save for a couple moments)was just--nothing better. I couldn't have left more satisfied. My mother, who used to review concerts for UCLA in her youth said it was the best concert she had ever seen. Britney was unstoppable, and that show was different from all the shows that followed because her mic was constantly on and it felt the most like an actual interactive 'concert' versus a 'show'.

I love hearing people’s recollections and reviews of older shows, it’s like magic! I wasn’t able to see Britney until 2015, so wish I would have been able to see her earlier on. 

• 1 year later...
On 2/19/2018 at 7:46 PM, danny1994 said:

It was a cool tour, but 95% of the vocals were prerecorded. They were convincing though, nothing like today.

THIS. At least back then they had the fan-base divided!!! Totally pre-recorded guys, she was dancing like crazy come on use your brain... At least they thought to pre-record her vocals realistically. 

She was on FIRE, I wish they filmed this... Is it in HD somewhere?! I remember she played at the Gorge in Washington for this which was huge huge huge outdoor space... it's crazy how many tickets she sold