[POLL] The most annoying move on POM?

G L O R Y

The most annoying move on POM?  

387 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, LostInAnImage said:

Looking back through this thread, canceling Domination may have been the only way to still salvage Britney's career. :ehum:

POM was truly embarrassing and just uncomfortable to even watch, with the notable exception of ~2015-2016. These gifs are seriously painful. :wontcry:

These were pom’s Worst moments bu there are pretty good ones as well.

also, how is Pom embarrassing when it was literally the most lucrative show she ever made and possibly the most important in VEGAS history :cackling:

yes, the makeup was not great maybe 40% of the time but we can forgive her for that can’t we :smokney: 

not hating but Pom is I C O N I C. I wish I could have attended to it. All i have now is the Apple Music concert dvd so if you went to Pom, don’t complain cause I would do everything to be in your place :bedtime:

17 hours ago, CasanovaCat said:

Does exist any media post where they mentioned these awkard moves?

Yeah it was in several of the POMT show’s reviews, they specifically talked about her tugging at her ponytail constantly and moving nonstop but never actually really dancing. I can try to find some of them for you. :) 

On 12/17/2018 at 4:28 AM, Pfefferminz said:

I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who has noticed Britney's excessive blinking. The gif below is probably not the best example but just watch any POM performance.

Makeup Fail GIF

Half-assed butt shake :D

I'll let this GIF speak for itself.

god that makeup...

On 12/17/2018 at 9:11 AM, Richie said:

can't believe nobody mentioned the entire slow first verse on toxic. I literally can't watch it. :wontcry:

right?? Its like she doesnt hear the music at all. If you just looked at it without sound you would think that she is moving to a really fast song. lmao. its so horrible

On 1/21/2019 at 11:27 PM, stateofgracebritney said:

These were pom’s Worst moments bu there are pretty good ones as well.

also, how is Pom embarrassing when it was literally the most lucrative show she ever made and possibly the most important in VEGAS history :cackling:

yes, the makeup was not great maybe 40% of the time but we can forgive her for that can’t we :smokney: 

not hating but Pom is I C O N I C. I wish I could have attended to it. All i have now is the Apple Music concert dvd so if you went to Pom, don’t complain cause I would do everything to be in your place :bedtime:

the makeup was bad for the entire last 2 years.

Just because something makes a lot of money doenst mean its good. The tour destroyed her image as a performer.

POM was the worst show I have ever been to. And im a Britney fan. I didnt know half of Shakiras songs but her show was better... I hated JTs entire last album but his show was better, Coldplay is not exactly the most exciting band to watch but i enjoyed them more.... etc.

1 hour ago, The Greatest Show said:

god that makeup...

right?? Its like she doesnt hear the music at all. If you just looked at it without sound you would think that she is moving to a really fast song. lmao. its so horrible

the makeup was bad for the entire last 2 years.

Just because something makes a lot of money doenst mean its good. The tour destroyed her image as a performer.

POM was the worst show I have ever been to. And im a Britney fan. I didnt know half of Shakiras songs but her show was better... I hated JTs entire last album but his show was better, Coldplay is not exactly the most exciting band to watch but i enjoyed them more.... etc.

I mean, that is just your opinion. A lot of fans, including myself, love it. The tour wasn’t that great but the residency was.

2 hours ago, CasanovaCat said:

yes please! :mcorangu:

Here's one so far, I know there were many but it's actually a relatively well-written, sympathetic article despite the objective negative aspects of the show that were discussed. Here's an excerpt that specifically mentions the ponytail adjustments:

There is a halting nervousness to her; she is forever pulling at her pony-tail, turning it into a blonde security blanket. She moves across the floor lost in the zone barely registering when the over-excitable audience start to sing Madonna’s parts in Me Against the Music

It’s as if she is ill at ease, still trying to understand what her audience sees in her. At times you get the impression that she’d probably look forward to her hologram eventually taking over this whole touring palaver once and for all.

Even though she emits a pearly grin when the cry of ‘It’s Britney *****!’ heralds the intro of Gimme More, there is a creeping feeling that amid the green lasers and hi-energy antics, Brit-Brit would rather be at home painting flower pictures with her hot boyf. And who could blame her? Is the fame monster holding our favourite princess prisoner?

Britney doesn’t seem concerned about the ever-evolving artistry required to be a modern popstar, like her more hungry chartmates. 

So what is the Piece of Me tour? A chance to acknowledge that Do You Wanna Come Over is a stealth banger? An opportunity to gather with friends and marvel at the genius of Slave 4 U, but at what price?”

The following also stood out:

“Ultimately the fans want to see Britney live and hope that she’s happy, but it’s hard to tell if there is actually a real human performing on the stage.”

Source: 

https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/music/britney-spears-in-dublin-the-crowd-not-the-robotic-star-carries-the-show-1.3602549?mode=amp

This next one was translated from German so its a little messy, but it mentions the awkward movements and constant ponytail tugging as well:

“And someday, somewhere, the magical aura of that time was lost. The Britney of today presents choppy movements, a slightly tormented expression and every few seconds a nervous grip on the hair to fix the ever-loose ponytail. It does not matter to her fans. The concert would probably work without the 36-year-old singer herself.”

“The contrast to the ‘old’ Britney becomes painful when the Show explicitly refers to the past. To "Me Against the Music" their dancers drive walls to the stage, recreating the Video together with Madonna, in which the two danced in a kind of Maze. Certain poses are reminiscent of legendary performances of the past, a chair choreography to her "Stronger" video. Just not all that good anymore, not as precise as it used to be.”

“Still, most of the fans rejoice that Britney has found her way back to Berlin after nine years. Every time Spears moves not only arms, but also her legs while dancing, the crowd cheerfully rejoices and the third ‘it's Britney, *****’ of the evening is celebrated frenetically.”

“There remains a desire for a moment of closeness with Britney alone. But ballads like the delicate ‘Everytime’ were deleted from the program. Instead, it continued with the soulless aerobic music of her later albums, so that in spite of impressive efforts of the numerous dancers in between, boredom sets in.”

“The star of yesteryear is no longer there. The memory of her will live forever.”

Source:

https://m.tagesspiegel.de/kultur/berlin-konzert-der-saengerin-britney-spears-laedt-zur-nostalgischen-pop-party/22886776.html

Archived