[POLL] The most annoying move on POM?

G L O R Y

The most annoying move on POM?  

387 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, CasanovaCat said:

It was just low-budget show with recycled moves and stuff, zero live vocals (or pre-recorded).

Low budget? :yelping: are you sure you actually watched/attended to the show?

it had a lot of cool effects and the choreo was good.... period. Britney had some anxiety while on stage and her hands  would shake a lot sometimes, but the choreo was not nearly as bad as Circus Tour’s choreo. :mariahstare: 

also, if you pay attention to some of the songs like Me Against The Music for example, you’ll notice there are pre-recorded/ live vocals in most performances.

recycled moves... hmmm. She has been recycling choreos for her whole life. BOMT choreo was used 1998- M&M’s, Oops VMA  was used 2000-2002, Slave was used VMA 2001- FFT tour (full) and still today if you count the dance break on POM Tour;  

so why is POM a bad show? It went for a long time, yes; but that doesn’t make it any worse than, for example, circus tour which had extremely high budget but still failed to deliver good choreography. Tbh I don’t find it any worse than her best  tour Onyx Hotel. Both are great in their own ways.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, CasanovaCat said:

OMG...this can happen too...one album was not with her and imagine if some hologram will dance instead of her:orangu:

Did you notice BOTH reviews specifically mentioned that Britney herself was unnecessary to the show? That is incredibly sad. But ironically enough, that's basically exactly what I recall @The Greatest Show having said in her review after attending the POMT.

This is another review, translated from Danish so it won't be 100% accurate. But the headline alone is brutal:

1 measly star: Britney Spears may have played the worst concert of the century.
The concert at Smukfest on Wednesday night with Britney Spears was a fumbling affair. The audience either left the concert open-mouthed or so elusive as she struggled through horrible versions of her otherwise bulletproof hits.” 

Source: https://politiken.dk/kultur/musik/art6654622/Britney-Spears-spillede-muligvis-århundredets-dårligste-koncert

Some people here still don’t understand that commercial success isn’t everything. It’s short-term gains but long-term damage. This tour even further damaged her image as a performer due to the critic’s reviews, just like the FFT did. 

ETA: A review of one of Britney’s US shows also called the concert “boring” and the audience “far too forgiving,” despite even thinking Britney may have possibly been singing live on MM and Clumsy. :orangu:

“Britney Spears opened her concert at Sands Bethlehem Event Center on Tuesday with her 2013 platinum hit ‘Work *****,’ a song in which she admonishes listeners to work harder for what they want.

It was an admonition the singer could have used herself.”

“But while Spears’ set included a lot of flash and production, with a cast of a dozen dancers, it was disappointing in what the singer offered, as she seemed to skate through mostly similar-sounding songs and walked – literally – though ‘dance’ routines that hardly taxed her.”

Then came a brief reprise of ‘Work *****,’ which was a perverse reminder of how good the show could have been if Spears had only taken her own advice.”

Source:

https://www.mcall.com/entertainment/lehigh-valley-music/mc-ent-britney-spears-review-sands-bethlehem-event-center-20180718-story.html

I disliked POM from the begining, awful costumes, bad remixes, she is just walking on stage flipping her hair and raising her hands sometimes. I think it was succesfull because people was still curious to see how could she do, then it showed she cant perform anymore so they decided not to go on Domination hence the worst ticket sales. 

14 hours ago, CasanovaCat said:

Yes It's still bad show. In the past her moves were far better than actual robotney. I think in #1st post you can see why I don't like this show (even Im enjoying all these embarassing moments, sorry). Also that fact they are using recycled props from older tours and performances, also stuff from the garden somewhere from Louisiana, 20yrs old vocals, cheap clothes from local boutiques and re-sew just for her body. Dont tell me how can be this called GREAT show?

Recycled props: well if it fits the vibe of the song....

stuff from the garden: what? :mariahstare:

20 year old vocals: she confirmed she sings with the track and I chose to believe in her :raven: 

cheap clothes from local stores: has she ever confirmed the place the costumes were bought? How can we be sure they aren’t made specially for her body? :well:

also, again, I recommend you to watch both first and second leg of POM on YouTube, take SPECIAL attention to 2015 and 2016 cause these are the best years. 

If you don’t really like the show, I think that’s fine and I respect you, but i’m just trying to bring out the positive things about Piece of Me that a lot of people ignore :bedtime: 

that’s all :clap: 

20 hours ago, LostInAnImage said:

Did you notice BOTH reviews specifically mentioned that Britney herself was unnecessary to the show? That is incredibly sad. But ironically enough, that's basically exactly what I recall @The Greatest Show having said in her review after attending the POMT.

This is another review, translated from Danish so it won't be 100% accurate. But the headline alone is brutal:

1 measly star: Britney Spears may have played the worst concert of the century.
The concert at Smukfest on Wednesday night with Britney Spears was a fumbling affair. The audience either left the concert open-mouthed or so elusive as she struggled through horrible versions of her otherwise bulletproof hits.” 

Source: https://politiken.dk/kultur/musik/art6654622/Britney-Spears-spillede-muligvis-århundredets-dårligste-koncert

Some people here still don’t understand that commercial success isn’t everything. It’s short-term gains but long-term damage. This tour even further damaged her image as a performer due to the critic’s reviews, just like the FFT did. 

ETA: A review of one of Britney’s US shows also called the concert “boring” and the audience “far too forgiving,” despite even thinking Britney may have possibly been singing live on MM and Clumsy. :orangu:

“Britney Spears opened her concert at Sands Bethlehem Event Center on Tuesday with her 2013 platinum hit ‘Work *****,’ a song in which she admonishes listeners to work harder for what they want.

It was an admonition the singer could have used herself.”

“But while Spears’ set included a lot of flash and production, with a cast of a dozen dancers, it was disappointing in what the singer offered, as she seemed to skate through mostly similar-sounding songs and walked – literally – though ‘dance’ routines that hardly taxed her.”

Then came a brief reprise of ‘Work *****,’ which was a perverse reminder of how good the show could have been if Spears had only taken her own advice.”

Source:

https://www.mcall.com/entertainment/lehigh-valley-music/mc-ent-britney-spears-review-sands-bethlehem-event-center-20180718-story.html

Their brutal criticism was mentioned in a Swedish review (Google translated):

To avoid misunderstandings: I love Britney Spears.

Like most of my generation, I have been following her from adolescence and the success through parenting and collapse to relaunch and new, less successful albums. My heart is beating her.
But one knew what to do before this evening. Puzzled, I follow her on Instagram where she publishes video clips from her concerts and the quality is surprisingly low. But there was hope.

Then the Danish reviewers came and ******** her after the concert in Skanderborg on Wednesday.

Then you almost felt sorry for this star. But. No. She rises in ten minutes after the set time and marks more movements than dancing. She's not singing, but nagging that Britney Spears is using playback is as old as this millennium. The problem is the way she compensates for the missing song. It is with a bondage bikini and sovtofs.

I do not want to sound like an anti-feminist puritan - for my part she can go naked - but she should be helped with a creative vision that is not derived from a beauty contest for children in the South. She deserves it - our old, fine princess of pop. You see hopeful moments sometimes. Like when she tears off the first verse of "… Baby one more time". Or when she suddenly has a glimpse of the eye and takes out the dance steps under "Circus". Then there is a glow in the eye and something that is more than just stamping on the job shift. But it's not enough. The long dance numbers that will probably give Spears a chance to get the breath and drink water are not interesting enough either.

When "Toxic" comes and she does a nice live version and approved song and dance, it becomes almost provocative that she has not put the same gun at the whole concert. Of all my heart I wanted to love this, swept in the nostalgia along with the rest of my generation in glittering dresses and festive humor. But instead, I became heartbroken.

She doesn't care about us anymore. 

Source: Så bra var Britney Spears konsert i Sandviken

7 hours ago, Pfefferminz said:

Their brutal criticism was mentioned in a Swedish review (Google translated):

To avoid misunderstandings: I love Britney Spears.

Like most of my generation, I have been following her from adolescence and the success through parenting and collapse to relaunch and new, less successful albums. My heart is beating her.
But one knew what to do before this evening. Puzzled, I follow her on Instagram where she publishes video clips from her concerts and the quality is surprisingly low. But there was hope.

Then the Danish reviewers came and ******** her after the concert in Skanderborg on Wednesday.

Then you almost felt sorry for this star. But. No. She rises in ten minutes after the set time and marks more movements than dancing. She's not singing, but nagging that Britney Spears is using playback is as old as this millennium. The problem is the way she compensates for the missing song. It is with a bondage bikini and sovtofs.

I do not want to sound like an anti-feminist puritan - for my part she can go naked - but she should be helped with a creative vision that is not derived from a beauty contest for children in the South. She deserves it - our old, fine princess of pop. You see hopeful moments sometimes. Like when she tears off the first verse of "… Baby one more time". Or when she suddenly has a glimpse of the eye and takes out the dance steps under "Circus". Then there is a glow in the eye and something that is more than just stamping on the job shift. But it's not enough. The long dance numbers that will probably give Spears a chance to get the breath and drink water are not interesting enough either.

When "Toxic" comes and she does a nice live version and approved song and dance, it becomes almost provocative that she has not put the same gun at the whole concert. Of all my heart I wanted to love this, swept in the nostalgia along with the rest of my generation in glittering dresses and festive humor. But instead, I became heartbroken.

She doesn't care about us anymore. 

Source: Så bra var Britney Spears konsert i Sandviken

Thanks for the different source and providing the translation! I had to learn Swedish in school, but all I can remember now is how to introduce myself, and then how to request that someone accompany me to the sauna. :orangu:

But anyway, even though it was written nicely, it was honestly a bit depressing to read as well, because the author was clearly a former (if not even current) Britney fan/stan.

15 hours ago, stateofgracebritney said:

20 year old vocals: she confirmed she sings with the track and I chose to believe in her :raven: 

cheap clothes from local stores: has she ever confirmed the place the costumes were bought? How can we be sure they aren’t made specially for her body? :well:

also, again, I recommend you to watch both first and second leg of POM on YouTube, take SPECIAL attention to 2015 and 2016 cause these are the best years. 

If you don’t really like the show, I think that’s fine and I respect you, but i’m just trying to bring out the positive things about Piece of Me that a lot of people ignore :bedtime: 

that’s all :clap: 

While I want to make it clear I respect your opinion as well and am actually glad that so many fans did enjoy the show, I'm afraid the "singing along with the track" comment was a blatant lie that was exposed numerous times during POM:

• During her very first POM show, all the major journalists from the music industry (e.g., Rolling Stone, Billboard, etc) came and reviewed the show, and confirmed there were no live vocals:

https://1059themountain.com/news/030030-britney-spears-blasted-with-more-lip-syncing-allegations/

• There's footage of her during IWG and MATM, or basically whenever she thought the crowd couldn't see her anymore, wherein she literally stopped moving her mouth entirely while the track continued playing. 
  • During her (first?) show in Asia, she wore that mask during "Slave," and accidentally ripped off the entire microphone (getting it tangled in her hair) whilst also removing the mask. Obviously, the sound quality of the track that continued playing was entirely unaffected for the entire 35 seconds she struggled with untangling the mic from her weave, despite her sitting in the middle of the stage without a damn mic:

6-E6-F1177-6286-4-ABD-B702-13-F71488534-

• That time she actually lipsynched to Sia's vocals during a performance of "Perfume":

https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/pop-shop/6221736/britney-spears-lip-sync-perfume-sia-vocals-video

• During BOM, she would blow glitter out of her palms while talking/singing was still playing.
  • Further, she frequently mimed her lyrics incorrectly, and also often mimed to either/both Madonna's and Tinashe's parts, and sometimes even lipsynched to the male voices (e.g., during the chorus of DYWCO). Plus she got a ton of backlash for the obvious lip-synching at the 2016 VMAs:

https://m.mic.com/articles/152832/britney-spears-lip-sync-heavy-2016-vma-performance-will-make-you-yearn-for-the-2000s#.J25fCPnsZ

https://www.thedailybeast.com/mtv-just-embarrassed-britney-spears-at-the-vmas

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/music/news/britney-spears-lip-syncs-during-vmas-comeback---how-the-internet/

• Also, every time she suffered a wardrobe malfunction, or even that time she slipped on stage and sprained her ankle during "Crazy," which required her to postpone two shows, the vocals always continued as per usual, despite her being on the ground in pain during that instance (or having her entire costume readjusted on stage, or whatever):

And I could go on and on, honestly. 

But as far as the positive aspects, you're absolutely right that during 2015-2016, Britney was performing the best she has since her comeback. And the revamp was initially really good, and I definitely appreciated it both at the time, and even now after-the-fact. :tbh:

However, I'm afraid there's not an iota of evidence even plausibly suggesting she actually sings along with the backing track. I think that practice likely ended at least a decade ago. 

• 4 weeks later...

Archived