(POLL): Do you think Britney will ever have another top 10 hit?

jamesedward94

Do you think Britney will ever have another top 10 hit?  

77 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This is really tough for me. I think Britney is still one of the biggest music acts and could very easily be on top again, but I just don’t know if she has it in her to be that good again. I mean, she probably could if she wanted, but I am unsure if her passion is still there.

She had SO many opportunities in this last era to be successful but didn’t. The original Make Me would’ve been very publicized and would have gotten a lot of attention in my opinion, thus propelling Make Me to the top 10. Then she could have kept the original Make Me choreography that she did so well and used that during the VMA performance. She also didn’t perform any singles on a network television show such as Ellen or The Tonight Show. She instead chose to perform overseas and just shop at a mall with Ellen instead. Glory was NOT her baby. Never in a million years could you get me to believe that. The music was great but it was just like a high quality Britney Jean. It was made to promote Vegas and that’s it. 

For Britney to get another top 10 hit or even potentially a number one she (A) would have to have a song that is memorable and special (B) would have to have a music video that is as good as some of her best and one that shows the general public she CAN still dance, and I’m talking more than Slumber Party (C) she would have to actually go on television shows and give interviews and perform here in the United States (D) she would need to cause some type of controversy or create a new iconic moment that would have people talking both good and bad and (E) she would need to have her passion 100% back so she could compete with her many peers such as Beyoncé, JT, and P!nk.

I truly believe all of these things would have to happen for Britney to have a major hit again and I highly doubt that it will. But maybe she will one day prove us wrong and I would love nothing more than for that to happen!

I used to be on here all the time but recently I have found myself very rarely even visiting Exhale, and it’s really sad. One can only take so much and after this era I feel like we went through such a rollercoaster of emotions and I was here for every single second of it. I just honestly  have no excitement for Britney right now.

We’ll see what 2018 brings.....  

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The music (Glory) was great but it was just like a high quality Britney Jean

xD.

I think she can get that even without effort if the song is extremly good, but you don't see those kind of songs everyday...

I'm not going to lie, I've never thought Make Me could become a real hit, there's something with its chorus that really doesn't fit to achieve that lol.

It's easy for Britney. Good songwriters, good producers, a controversial video they won't **** up like they did with Perfume and Make Me, and Britney deciding to work. To sweat like never before in the dance studio learning an incredible choreo, then pre recording vocals and going to the VMAs. Boom, if the song is good people will be like "SHE'S BACK FOR GOOD". But Britney and her team thought that 1)a video where she laughs with her friends because they saw a shirtless man like they're 13 or something, 2)a just okay performance for the vmas, 3)a 2 hour show with no live singing at all, 4)boring choreos, 5)swimming suits on stage 6) a backing vocalist singing your songs instead of you and 7) ******* up the work of the most famous directors and photographers were such good ideas. They're not trying at all and if they don't start trying she won't have one, no. But if she tries I think it's easy :verycool:

10 hours ago, RAITEI said:

xD.

I think she can get that even without effort if the song is extremly good, but you don't see those kind of songs everyday...

I'm not going to lie, I've never thought Make Me could become a real hit, there's something with its chorus that really doesn't fit to achieve that lol.

Even if no big charters, there's still different ways of being successful. Album that stays on the charts for a while, great videos and performances, buzz.

working smart not hard can have a cohesive and successful era without doing crazy promo.

britney has always been an era artist- what OP said of bringing that passion back is ESSENTIAL. I mean we have attitude, energy and happiness back. Just lacking creativity, professionalism and passion. People want her to do well but she hasn't really brought it aside from TD and glory. 

31 minutes ago, DJSLAYZEE said:

I don't think she's going to sell albums if she isn't even selling singles and I didn't think Glory would achieve that - especially if it doesn't have very notable songs [hits].

Britney isn't working smart either, and much less hard. 

As I said before, if she's releasing music at the level she was used to do and it's good/catchy/innovative then she will probably have success without having to do so much but it probably requires a passion that she hasn't showed through these last 3 eras because to get good material she would probably have to agree promoting, she's not that successful anymore.

This being said, I have hope for the next era, as you have pointed out: she seems to have more attitude, energy and happines. She's even working out so so much and looks like she's showing potential to dance and the possibility of making an iconic perfomance is still there :cinderellaney:  yes, passion is essential. 

i think it is possible. her digital sales were still strong, so it just depends on the promotion she does, the quality of the song, and of course the competition. she also needs to improve her strength in radio and streaming to have a long chart run. Make Me was able to hit top 20 through sales but performed horribly in streaming and radio (it didn't even chart on Radio songs chart); stayed on the Hot 100 for just 9 weeks. POM, IUSA, Sometimes, Slave, MATM, and even BTI all peaked lower than MM but stayed longer.

Archived