Was Glory really as special to Britney as she claimed?

Urbanney

Was Glory really Britney’s baby?  

99 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think she does love making music as whole just to keep herself doing something but that's it. Our perspective about "making an album" might be way different than Britney's perspective. She's been doing that for so long, she's reached such a high level of fame that many of the things we think are great she just sees them as pointless bacause her priority is not to be #1 or most talked celebrity and so on... You see what I mean? She's been and done that to the point that her music career turned into her hobbie more than her job. 

From Britney's perspective, it is great to be able to work under your own conditions but as a fan it's  a bit disappointing because it seems our standars are getting lower and lower each era. 

2 hours ago, BrittonJeanSpears said:

I don't even ******* know. I think she's proud of it. I think she knows we love it. But she's said countless times that she feels like she has "nothing to prove", so I think she doesn't feel like promoting it. Probably thinks that her passion will be its own promotion and success will follow if the material is good enough.

This

1 hour ago, BOBIBCFBG said:

I do believe it was. I believe Britney was very proud of it bc she had a great A&R person that let her be a lot more involved than she had in the last few albums. Plus, I actually believe she co-wrote the songs they say she did on Glory (unlike BJ where I think that was mostly marketing) so a lot of songs were extra special to her. It's a shame she wasted the era. 

And this

• Super Mods
1 hour ago, BOBIBCFBG said:

I do believe it was. I believe Britney was very proud of it bc she had a great A&R person that let her be a lot more involved than she had in the last few albums. Plus, I actually believe she co-wrote the songs they say she did on Glory (unlike BJ where I think that was mostly marketing) so a lot of songs were extra special to her. It's a shame she wasted the era. 

I mean it doesn't take genius to see that she does, I mean the album is solid and very britney compared to BJ. I mean Britney hasn't been doing a lot of promo lately but she's done more promo for Glory than BJ. I think it's just her team not getting their **** together. She's an artist and just wants to create not sell so I don't get why exhale measures the amount of promo to how much she is passionate about it. 

14 minutes ago, puppylo16 said:

I mean it doesn't take genius to see that she does, I mean the album is solid and very britney compared to BJ. I mean Britney hasn't been doing a lot of promo lately but she's done more promo for Glory than BJ. I think it's just her team not getting their **** together. She's an artist and just wants to create not sell so I don't get why exhale measures the amount of promo to how much she is passionate about it. 

You have a point but she's BRITNEY SPEARS, not some new artist, she can make her own appearances when she's wants, I think she's gotten lazy with promoting but she still loved and was passionate about the album, and you can tell when you listen to it :mattafact:

• Super Mods
14 minutes ago, ShowdownITZ said:

You have a point but she's BRITNEY SPEARS, not some new artist, she can make her own appearances when she's wants, I think she's gotten lazy with promoting but she still loved and was passionate about the album, and you can tell when you listen to it :mattafact:

Yeah that's what I got from her, she just don't like promoting and I think since her team worn her out by doing so much promo in her prime, she is just over it. 

I think it was her baby, I just don't like a lot of the production of her vocals where they pitch her too high and mess with them unnecessarily. And the style of most of the songs just wasn't very original and they chose a bad second single. It just was not marketed or promoted properly so the album failed. 

But when you hear stories about how she came up with the concept of Just Like Me it does seems like she really cared about the album. However, if she really cared I don't think she would've been able to release the type of video she did for Make Me. She could not have been proud of that!

I just haven't felt her genuinely since Circus, and even with that album she was greatly controlled. Before the breakdown she was obviously headed towards a much more unique and less commercial sound that would've explored what she wanted as a true artist. The fact that they wouldn't allow it and forced her to make different music most likely made her not care anymore. 

5 hours ago, BoyToySoldier said:

I don't even know anymore. It's disappointing. She claims one thing but her actions show the exact opposite. :girlwhat:

But at the same time, she is probably still highly controlled and a lot of the music is most likely out of her hands. She continues to release mostly mainstream pop music when in actuality she has said many times she doesn't even care for that type of music a lot and I mean, she even originally wanted to be a Sheryl Crow type of singer. Original Doll shows where she wanted her career to go. She probably has no desire to even make music anymore but is forced to.

She tried to be a true artist back then and make an album that was her "baby" and it was taken from her. 

4 hours ago, Dirk said:

I think she really enjoyed recording it especially the songs with Julia Michaels and Justin Tranter

I think the process was smoother than with will.i.am having lunch with her trying to be a friend.

And she's a studio act now, the days of promotney is really over, she's rich now she doesn't care that much like in the "Britney" era.

She probably enjoyed her lunch with Iggy eating salad better!

:soyeah:

Archived