Was Glory really as special to Britney as she claimed?

Urbanney

Was Glory really Britney’s baby?  

99 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Considering it was probably thrown together quickly based on trending music like Selena’s “Good for You” and Justin’s “Purpose” after Pretty Girls was panned and that era was cancelled, and Britney barely promoted Glory, do you think Glory was really Britney’s baby, or was that just marketing? 

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest BreatheOnMoi

Some of the songs mean a lot to her I'm sure. She even talked about writing songs on insta months before the album was out , so clearly this was the most involved she's been with an album since Blackout I would say. I at least appreciate that. :)

1 hour ago, BoyToySoldier said:

I don't even know anymore. It's disappointing. She claims one thing but her actions show the exact opposite. :girlwhat:

This

1 hour ago, BreatheOnMoi said:

Some of the songs mean a lot to her I'm sure. She even talked about writing songs on insta months before the album was out , so clearly this was the most involved she's been with an album since Blackout I would say. I at least appreciate that. :)

And this

55 minutes ago, BrittonJeanSpears said:

I don't even ******* know. I think she's proud of it. I think she knows we love it. But she's said countless times that she feels like she has "nothing to prove", so I think she doesn't feel like promoting it. Probably thinks that her passion will be its own promotion and success will follow if the material is good enough.

And this, too. :triggered:

I think it is. Or at least it was at a certain point. She seemed really passionate about it, and not only her voice proves it, but also those little facts like they went to the studio and did the clapping and snapping themselves, and what Justin and Julia have said about her melodies and the ideas for the songs, and all that stuff. I just think the low sales were a huge bummer for her. We know the mess the release of the album was, the lack of promo or that it started too late, etc, but I always say, in her mind she doesn't see that side of the picture, she just sees that she spent almost 3 years doing a record, that she was very proud of, and it ended up as a commercial failure, compared to her other albums.

She might feel ashamed, or disappointed, or I don't know. Or she's mad that people didn't appreciate it, or who know what she might feel right now, but I do think it's still very special to her. The question is if she will ever be this involved on a record again. Maybe after this disappointment she's like, "fine, I'll leave this job for the producers and I'm just gonna walk into the studio and record whatever songs they tell me, because they know what's good and I don't". Like, she won't want to be that involved or invest so much time and effort again if she's seen "it wasn't worthy". Hopefully, she won't change that and will keep as passionate about her future projects as she was with Glory, but we'll see

22 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

She might feel ashamed, or disappointed, or I don't know. Or she's mad that people didn't appreciate it, or who know what she might feel right now, but I do think it's still very special to her. The question is if she will ever be this involved on a record again. Maybe after this disappointment she's like, "fine, I'll leave this job for the producers and I'm just gonna walk into the studio and record whatever songs they tell me, because they know what's good and I don't". Like, she won't want to be that involved or invest so much time and effort again if she's seen "it wasn't worth

As long as we have at least one Top10 I'm cool with that :tiffcackle:

I do believe it was. I believe Britney was very proud of it bc she had a great A&R person that let her be a lot more involved than she had in the last few albums. Plus, I actually believe she co-wrote the songs they say she did on Glory (unlike BJ where I think that was mostly marketing) so a lot of songs were extra special to her. It's a shame she wasted the era. 

Archived