Why is it so hard for some of you to comprehend that Britney was not going for over the top at last year VMA's

Cappycorn87

• Super Mods

I'm really thinking that since the original music video got scrapped, it ruined the promo plan. I mean the way the commercial mentions film and the original video has her shooting something especially with the "cut!" part.  

I mean it's not a bad performance at least. She really do need a fresh creative team. 

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Pedro Dantas said:

I agree but what is there to talk about 2017ney? It was mini-meltdown after mini-meltdown with slight glimpses of good stuff.

That was kind of an elbow jab comment, but true. The thing is, with the VMAs, I actually feel like everyone's (or the majority here) already more or less come to the same conclusion: the performance was underwhelming. We've already gone over how we felt it could have been better handled and what she should have done, many times. I understand it being referenced elsewhere to tie into how her performance has been overall, but this thread feels pointless to me, is all. I get that it was intended to prove some sort of point, but.... it's wrong, so.

4 minutes ago, fucknfurter said:

That was kind of an elbow jab comment, but true. The thing is, with the VMAs, I actually feel like everyone's (or the majority here) already more or less come to the same conclusion: the performance was underwhelming. We've already gone over how we felt it could have been better handled and what she should have done, many times. I understand it being referenced elsewhere to tie into how her performance has been overall, but this thread feels pointless to me, is all. I get that it was intended to prove some sort of point, but.... it's wrong, so.

Most of Cappy's threads are pointless. :staysalty: But I agree. This thread has been made so many times and it's always the same thing. But I guess Cappy wanted to set the record straight or something... :tiffcackle:

7 hours ago, danny1994 said:

If it was a MIDTEMPO song with minimal choreography, why didn’t she sing live then? :nocomprende:

Your excuses :tiffcackle:

While I do think she could have sang it live, let's not forget how long it had been since she last performed there. I'm sure her nerves were insane. She killed it regardless, I personally really like the MM choreo.

16 minutes ago, Kisle said:

While I do think she could have sang it live, let's not forget how long it had been since she last performed there. I'm sure her nerves were insane. She killed it regardless, I personally really like the MM choreo.

I personally think it’s ****, but we all have opinions I guess :byebitch:

50 minutes ago, danny1994 said:

I personally think it’s ****, but we all have opinions I guess :byebitch:

Yeah, of course. Just liked the intimacy of Brit with minimal production and back up dancers, just her and the stage. I didn't like MM choreo initially, but it grew on me with every performance I saw. :) 

16 hours ago, Oops... I did it again said:

Britney is effortlessly controversial.

No, she WAS effortlessly controversial. In 2017, someone "effortlessly controversial" is Beyoncé, whose albums and performances get people talking. People couldn't care less about Britney's albums or performances anymore.

16 hours ago, Oops... I did it again said:

Hell, she made headlines with singing live! Like seriously, who the hell does that?

That's not being "effortlessly controversial", that's just shows how shitty her artistry has become. If she was ""effortlessly controversial", people would care about her music. :whitney:

3 hours ago, Pedro Dantas said:

No, she WAS effortlessly controversial. In 2017, someone "effortlessly controversial" is Beyoncé, whose albums and performances get people talking. People couldn't care less about Britney's albums or performances anymore.

That's not being "effortlessly controversial", that's just shows how shitty her artistry has become. If she was ""effortlessly controversial", people would care about her music. :whitney:

I kinda agree and disagree. I mean, Britney has made headlines for the most mundane things like wardrobe malfunctions, live singing, her stiff performances and personality (Esp. back in 2011) etc.. I think most people were super excited at the beginning of Glory with her opening up at the E! interview, The V magazine cover, Private Show's commercial, etc.. then the video came out and killed the entire era. Not even Slumber party (the video) could save the era. 

16 hours ago, Hypnotherapy said:

It made me sad. She looked banging and that was it, it represents the basic performer Britney has become, when all we can truly compliment is her body.

Because of the awesome teaser I dreamt she was going to do a VMA medley: BOMT, Oops, Slave dancebreak, like a virgin with madonna guest starring, the POM 2.0 Gimme More choreo then for the 'something she's never done before' take the mic, explain why she hasn't performed there for 7 years/ where she's at now, and then sing a verse of Make Me acoustic, do the scrapped floor choreo for the chorus then finish with some cute G-Eazy interaction.

Not the G-Eazy tribute featuring a kids party puppet show. Her messing up the lipsync makes me really cringe. 

Oh you had low expectations:whitney:

Guest StrawberryKisses

Britney's career is just a JOB and she treats it as such. She has her priorities in check. She's always said that the woman on stage was just a role she was playing.

Other artists like Swift and Gaga... their artistic personas ARE their personal identities.

6 minutes ago, StrawberryKisses said:

Britney's career is just a JOB and she treats it as such. She has her priorities in check. She's always said that the woman on stage was just a role she was playing.

Other artists like Swift and Gaga... their artistic personas ARE their personal identities.

Job or not she should show interest in giving her all. 

Most of the world hates their job but they can't just be like my presence is enough for today...pay me. 

She is so lucky that she had a prime so big. It has carried her laziness for a decade now. 

12 minutes ago, Spearsfan said:

Job or not she should show interest in giving her all. 

Most of the world hates their job but they can't just be like my presence is enough for today...pay me. 

She is so lucky that she had a prime so big. It has carried her laziness for a decade now. 

It sucks to even think she sees this as a job. If it's your art that you are putting out, how does it not make you excited and full of passion? Most ppl at 9-5s are miserable because it's not what they wanna be doing. But I feel like music should be way different since you're putting your heart and soul out there for ppl to understand/get to know. That's sad if nothing within that excites her.

I don't even think the two dancers was what made it bad. Realistically she could have done something super similar to 00s. Done an acoustic or even more slowed down version of MM with her just standing at a mic, singing live. And then when the chorus came up, done a really **** dance break with different guys. Like her with different guys but each doing a different duo dance when she gets to them. Since the song is really sultry and ******. It should have been all about subtle chemistry. And that would have been cool.

3 minutes ago, DoSomething954 said:

It sucks to even think she sees this as a job. If it's your art that you are putting out, how does it not make you excited and full of passion? Most ppl at 9-5s are miserable because it's not what they wanna be doing. But I feel like music should be way different since you're putting your heart and soul out there for ppl to understand/get to know. That's sad if nothing within that excites her.

That is also a good point. Miserable or not she is making big bucks. Smile purely for that. Her boys get to have a nice life. I would be happy just from that. 

I don't think she grasps how expensive things are for the average household. 

Archived