Why is it so hard for some of you to comprehend that Britney was not going for over the top at last year VMA's

Cappycorn87

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, danny1994 said:

If it was a MIDTEMPO song with minimal choreography, why didn’t she sing live then? :nocomprende:

Your excuses :tiffcackle:

And @Cappycorn87 STILL hasn't answered my question as to why Breathe On Me and Touch of My Hand, both midtempos as well, have gotten A+ routines and performances every time they're included yet Make Me got that basic *** mess. :tiffcackle:

"You can't have a full choreo to a midtempo"

"a midtempo calls for a stripped down production"

3 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

And @Cappycorn87 STILL hasn't answered my question as to why Breathe On Me and Touch of My Hand, both midtempos as well, have gotten A+ routines and performances every time they're included yet Make Me got that basic *** mess. :tiffcackle:

"You can't have a full choreo to a midtempo"

"a midtempo calls for a stripped down production"

Britney went with what she wanted and that's all that matters

Big picture, she showed that she does big productions but she does not need it to command and own a stage

Britney shined without all the extra stuff

1 minute ago, Cappycorn87 said:

Big picture, she showed that she does big productions but she does not need it to command and own a stage

Shined? The performance stayed under Beyonce's and Rihanna's shadow and was mostly panned by the GP. :whitney:

Britney-Spears-VMA.gif

Except she didn't. She fizzled and the reaction was lukewarm. Twitter was bashing her. People in the audience were asking to bring Beyonce and Rihanna back. Nobody thought she truly slayed. This is Britney Spears at the VMA's. Where her most iconic performances were born. That was not the stage for that lackluster performance. That kind of performance would have been ok for the AMA's, the PCA's, a more low key promo event. Not something as hyped and huge as the VMA's are.

19 minutes ago, Cappycorn87 said:

I did not need controversy

Britney past VMA performance are remembered to this day because she put on a great performance, not so much just only the controversy

Because of a combination of those 2 factors. Yes, she did stand out because she was great skilled performer but she also used to add that controversy factor to her VMA's performances. 

2000 - the striptease dance and taking off her costume was controversial at the time for a 18 year old. Yet, SHE DID THAT! :lemmetellu:

2001 - Her new **** image no one was ready for. Bringing a snake on stage WAS OVER THE TOP and it had nothing to do with how good or bad performer she was. 

2003 - Two women's kiss on a worldwide event at such times when homophobia was still a taboo, nothing controversial right?

2007 - She wasn't even ready for a comeback and all eyes were ON HER! People still call this performance a **** but if we compare it to current femle performers, this is still average. It's just that she used to make shocking performances. Ironically this one is still remembered for how bad it was when (in my opinion) it wasn't that bad, it's just people loved making a drama when it comes to Britney. 

2016 - It was just an OK performance. Nothing outstanding or memorable, just good. The problem (and I have said this countless times) was not the performance itself cause it's good. The problem is that it was supposed to be huge considering it was the same stage on which she made iconic moments but she didn't even try it.

I mean, you won't wear jeans and sneakers (no matter how good they look) to go to your own wedding right? :outwithit: the same happens here. The song and performance is ok, it was just not the right moment and the right place. :mattafact:

Nobody talks Rihanna performance being that none of them were great that night which is why nobody outside of her fanbase was speaking on her performances

No one was talking about Rihanna? What a ******* lie. :tiffcackle:

Most Tweeted VMA Moments: Beyonce's Performance, Kanye's 'Fade' & Rihanna Vanguard Award

She was, according to People's Choice, the 5th most talked about person/performance of the night. Britney wasn't on the list. :tiffcackle:

Archived