Why is it so hard for some of you to comprehend that Britney was not going for over the top at last year VMA's

Cappycorn87

24 minutes ago, Oops... I did it again said:

It sounds kind of horrible but the other day, I was thinking that if she continues like this (not that she's going to change that much), I'm gonna pretend she retired after she was hospitalized in 2008. The circus era was terrible by Primeney's standards, FF was terrible, BJ was terrible and Glory was a mess. The fact that this fanbase is reminiscing about the Circus era is beyond me. She looked miserable and walked throughout her way through the tour. I knew when I saw the first night of TCSBS that she was never coming back and something inside me just kinda.. broke. It killed me seeing her so miserable and being forced to perform. She should have went away after being hospitalized in 2008. She didn't recover. Even if she looks happy now. She changed a lot. She had to come back and put a smile on for a public and tabloids that trashed her and wrote her obituary in 2007. This is traumatizing.

Just because she's a positive person and constantly tries to make the best out of her situations, doesn't mean she recovered. Britney shouldn't have come back for Circus. She should have gone to a quieter place to properly recover and then came back when she was truly ready. A) She wouldn't have tarnished her legacy B) Her C-ship might have ended C) She wouldn't have had to deal with a slew of shitty men using her D) She would have RECOVERED  Instead, she came back and gave us one bad performance after another and at first, this was okay. Then she kept losing fans and lipsynching horribly and shamelessly. Now she has all those weird nervous ticks and she no longer sings or dances. She literally ruined everything out of her own doing. Everyone keeps blaming her team but honestly, it's all her.

The reason Britney broke down is because her team pushed her because she had the drive. They would ******* die if Primeney came back. Who doesn't want to manage a superstar? Her team became cheap because Britney became cheap. Not as a person but as a performer. She keeps cutting up her outfits and doing the same moves over and over. She doesn't sing or rehearse so what do you expect? 

I think she recovered during the Vegas era but now I feel that they gave her so much freedom in Vegas, to the point where she developed a bunch of "tics"(hair flips, knee taps, constantly touching her hair, flipping the audience).

From a business perspective, it's understandable why they released Circus when they did. The hype was perfect. The bigger problem was after Circus (which wasn't milked enough from a singles perspective) they didn't give her enough time to recover and then we had FFney.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Pedro Dantas said:

I think she recovered during the Vegas era but now I feel that they gave her so much freedom in Vegas, to the point where she developed a bunch of "tics"(hair flips, knee taps, constantly touching her hair, flipping the audience).

From a business perspective, it's understandable why they released Circus when they did. The hype was perfect. The bigger problem was after Circus (which wasn't milked enough from a singles perspective) they didn't give her enough time to recover and then we had FFney.

Agreed.  That's exactly what I said.  The Circus era was a total success despite her diminished performing.  It's after Circus where she should have had time recover as a performer and recover mentally and return to making the music she wanted to make.

I truly despise her as a performer today and despise her father/management.

On 8/25/2017 at 1:27 PM, Cappycorn87 said:

I keep seiing some of you mention about production

She could have went in that direction if she was performing an uptempo song

She was performing a MIDTEMPO song that did not call for all of that

Why is that hard for some of you to understand

She has never Let alone at the VMAs been on that stage alone .... I think when she said  like nothing I ever did before she wasn't  lying. I loved last years performace why should she keep doing the big vma thing she's already got the 1,2 An 3 top VMAs of all time she is the vma she don't have anything to prove 

54 minutes ago, Daveh422 said:

She has never Let alone at the VMAs been on that stage alone .... I think when she said  like nothing I ever did before she wasn't  lying. I loved last years performace why should she keep doing the big vma thing she's already got the 1,2 An 3 top VMAs of all time she is the vma she don't have anything to prove 

I agree

2 hours ago, Pedro Dantas said:

No Jive  scrapping her original album in 2010 messed up things

2 hours ago, Cappycorn87 said:

No Jive  scrapping her original album in 2010 messed up things

Dr. Luke took over and some songs were switched to some of his songs. Wont changed the fact that songs like I Wanna Go, Trouble For Me, Criminal or Selfish were recorded already in Stockholm/London/Paris. 

19 minutes ago, Sokka said:

Dr. Luke took over and some songs were switched to some of his songs. Wont changed the fact that songs like I Wanna Go, Trouble For Me, Criminal or Selfish were recorded already in Stockholm/London/Paris. 

HIAM was definetly not a direction she was trying to go in

You can tell she didn't like that record

1 minute ago, Cappycorn87 said:

HIAM was definetly not a direction she was trying to go in

You can tell she didn't like that record

Yeah that song is a different case. Wasnt it produced from Dr. Luke? I think there is a reason why she put TTWE and IWG into POM and not Hold It Against Me. She doesnt like it. Well we will never know. 

6 minutes ago, Sokka said:

Yeah that song is a different case. Wasnt it produced from Dr. Luke? I think there is a reason why she put TTWE and IWG into POM and not Hold It Against Me. She doesnt like it. Well we will never know. 

She likes those 2 records and looked/s alive when performing them and in each vid

4 minutes ago, Cappycorn87 said:

She likes those 2 records and looked/s alive when performing them and in each vid

Especially in I Wanna Go. Also Criminal but never got performed. Check out my new thread about which songs never got performed during POM (you will be suprised which songs were suggested). 

Archived