Why is it so hard for some of you to comprehend that Britney was not going for over the top at last year VMA's

Cappycorn87

2 minutes ago, Sokka said:

She could've done that performance somewhere else but not the VMAs. Saying how she did history there in the commercial but then coming up with that performance? They did everything wrong, that could've went wrong. She could've performed something uptempo there like Liar or DYWTCO instead of Make Me. Maybe using it as an intro but not as a full song with MM&I. Beyoncé deserved all the praise she got for her performance while Britney deserved the criticism. Bad lipping, a weird outfit and that overall lackluster performance. The VMAs used to be her show. Everyone got excited and asked themselves, what she's gonna do this time. If she decides to perform again someday, people wont even care, because they will expect another 2016 performance. 

Not to mention the EPIC promo they did which led us to believe she was going to do something amazing.

We were hyped up for that? I mean... you can understand why fans were so upset about it. 

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Mohd93 said:

Not to mention the EPIC promo they did which led us to believe she was going to do something amazing.

We were hyped up for that? I mean... you can understand why fans were so upset about it. 

Exactly. They hyped us up with that commercial. That commercial basically lead us to the disappointment because of the hype. 

It was not even worthy watching it a second time lol. Not only fans but also GP. Looking at the dislikes and the comments about her being a has-been, bad lipping etc. It only did more damage to her image. 

3 hours ago, Sokka said:

Exactly. They hyped us up with that commercial. That commercial basically lead us to the disappointment because of the hype. 

It was not even worthy watching it a second time lol. Not only fans but also GP. Looking at the dislikes and the comments about her being a has-been, bad lipping etc. It only did more damage to her image. 

Make Me was the second song that night to see a huge increase on iTunes after its performance 

19 minutes ago, fucknfurter said:

Literally everyone in this thread disagrees with the OP, and it's agreed on both sides of the Britney coin that it was underwhelming as hell. Like, does that not say enough? Why are we even still bringing up the 2016 VMAs?

It happened like last year hun

It made me sad. She looked banging and that was it, it represents the basic performer Britney has become, when all we can truly compliment is her body.

Because of the awesome teaser I dreamt she was going to do a VMA medley: BOMT, Oops, Slave dancebreak, like a virgin with madonna guest starring, the POM 2.0 Gimme More choreo then for the 'something she's never done before' take the mic, explain why she hasn't performed there for 7 years/ where she's at now, and then sing a verse of Make Me acoustic, do the scrapped floor choreo for the chorus then finish with some cute G-Eazy interaction.

Not the G-Eazy tribute featuring a kids party puppet show. Her messing up the lipsync makes me really cringe. 

5 minutes ago, Hypnotherapy said:

It made me sad. She looked banging and that was it, it represents the basic performer Britney has become, when all we can truly compliment is her body.

But compared to popular popstars in 2017, she isn't that bad, that is the saddest thing about it.

4 minutes ago, Alexanda said:

But compared to the new popstars, she isn't that bad, that is the saddest thing about it.

I don't like any other popstar except maybe pink, and I disagree. Anyone I see sings live or at least pre-records, is wearing something very flattering/cool, has awesome production, interacts with the audience and looks well put together.

Im not a pop fan but I can't believe any other popstar is serving up 20 year old vocals, wearing $20 lingerie sets, hair in a messy bun with self-done makeup, getting guided around the stage, messing up the lipsync while dancing to Zumba like the new BOMT break.

Ive been a fan since 2008 and can honestly say except the BBMAs 2016 nothing performance wise has even come close to adding to her legacy. Her live performance last week was honestly one of my happiest moments as a fan, and that's kinda sad.

15 minutes ago, Hypnotherapy said:

I don't like any other popstar except maybe pink, and I disagree. Anyone I see sings live or at least pre-records, is wearing something very flattering/cool, has awesome production, interacts with the audience and looks well put together.

Im not a pop fan but I can't believe any other popstar is serving up 20 year old vocals, wearing $20 lingerie sets, hair in a messy bun with self-done makeup, getting guided around the stage, messing up the lipsync while dancing to Zumba like the new BOMT break.

Ive been a fan since 2008 and can honestly say except the BBMAs 2016 nothing performance wise has even come close to adding to her legacy. Her live performance last week was honestly one of my happiest moments as a fan, and that's kinda sad.

I completely agree. 

It alarms me because they still have a terrible attitude to everything. I don't see anything changing in the next year or any year tbh

Archived