The difference between Blackout and Glory?

Buslim

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glory > Blackout  sorry but she didn't rlly receive vocal praise for Blackout like she has Glory . Also sadly Blackout was not recognized as being as great as an album as it is back then because it was ineed ahead of it's time.

I prefer Glory over Blackout without thinking twice. But that is just me . :milkney:

1 minute ago, Yukisenpi28 said:

Glory > Blackout  sorry but she didn't rlly receive vocal praise for Blackout like she has Glory . Also sadly Blackout was not recognized as being as great as an album as it is back then because it was ineed ahead of it's time.

I prefer Glory over Blackout without thinking twice. But that is just me . :milkney:

No worries. We all have our own taste. LOVE Glory btw. :bwink:

I love "Blackout" .. I think that it's still one of the best pop albums ever & it was incredibly influential at a time when ppl believed Britney's career as a legitimate pop artist was over (true stans always knew this was false). "Blackout" really brought Britney back to her audience as the tweens who loved BOMT/OIDIA we're now older & starting to party!! It was pretty experimental at the time & gained a lot of respect from the dance/club/DJ community as it strayed from the pop top 40 sound of that time.. the album was really an extension of the excitement around "Toxic" bringing heavy EDM sounds to the forefront! Last but not least!!!! "Blackout" & the whole  sensationalized era brought Britney back to the audience that started to feel alienated by her sometimes unobtainable image!! It was a huge moment for Britney's Legacy!!! 

That all being said.. "Glory" really can't even be compared to "Blackout" tbh because both albums have equally solid footing on opposite spectrums of what makes a great pop album!! "Glory" is a better album in a lot of contemporary ways! It's production is carefully executed & the vocal arrangements are far beyond the caliber of most current Britney music. Basically everything people said "Blackout" wasn't is "Glory" & vice versa.. "Glory" boasted Britney's pop vocal abilities, beautiful harmonies & wonderful instrumentals but it lacked the unruly vigor that "Blackout" brought. 

If only they could really focus on taking what worked with both of them & combine the 2.. now that would be the best of Britney's discography!!!

Guest Edge Of Clockin' You

They're literally the opposite. Glory is like the LightOut version. I remember when fans though Glory was gonna be called LightOut because she was at a good place:tiffcackle:

2 hours ago, Yukisenpi28 said:

Glory over Blackout ANY ******* DAY. :lessons: 

6 hours ago, Yukisenpi28 said:

same... i think Glory is much better. Blackout is amazing to but i prefer Glory :plzney: 

and its also a bit annoying to almost only see ITZ, BO and Glory being mentioned all the time its like she dont have another 6 albums!!!! i know some people talk about the rest but most of the time its like shes done like 3 albums :whitneyshade: 

Archived