If you had to choose a proper 4th single off of In the Zone...

kutayuysaler

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

(I Got That) Boom Boom. I really think it had the potential to smash, the video would have been insane, the choreo was iconic and it's my favourite non-single by Britney to date and my favourite on the album. Ugh, I love this song so much but I can't help but think of what could have been every time I listen to it (the same applies to just about every song on the album). 

6 hours ago, blacklistedd said:

Outrageous was a song that was forced on the album by her label and then they proceeded to pressure her to release it and she kept fighting them on it until they finally forced it as the 4th single and she coincidentally "broke her leg" on set. Its obvious she didn't want to record that song let alone release it as a single and she fought her way out of it. The real 4th single should have been Breathe On Me, Early Morning, or Touch of My Hand which are the songs Britney actually loved and felt strongly about. Regardless of whether or not they were going to hit.

I can see why they wanted Britney to release Outrageous during that era. Crunk and rap was huge in 2004, so they wanted her to make a huge hit.

5 hours ago, Isla. said:

Britney wouldn't have been stupid enough to injure herself on purpose. Let's not forget she had already injured her knee during an earlier OHT show and also in 1999. 

I read a rumour that apparently she was tired during the video shoot as she had literally just flown to NYC to shoot the video after the European  leg of the OHT ended and she was exhausted and didn't want to be rushed into a video so soon. But it's just a rumour and I'm not saying that contributed to her injury or anything. But I do think if it's true she should have been given some space as she was tired from the OHT European leg ending but Jive must have had a tight schedule or something to get the video done asap.

They legit worked her to the bone during her prime.

id pick boom boom cause crunk was really popular back then and then breathe on me

6 hours ago, Style. said:

Touch Of My Hand or Breathe On Me :hipney: just imagine the music videos.

6 hours ago, $elfish said:

Basically ****:bigtime:

Not necessarily, the live performance on the Onyx Hotel Tour portrays the song perfectly yet, it is far from being cheap or raunchy. They are (I guess) her more erotic songs. Just as Slow is to Kylie Minogue. 

3 hours ago, LostInAnImage said:

I think "Boom Boom" had the best chance of succeeding in the US given the Ying Yang Twins feature, since hip-hop was dominating airwaves at the time. And considering all the promo performances (ABC, Times Square, etc) and the OHT performance of the song, the choreography was fire and she always seemed to really be feeling it.

giphy.gif

Bring back pants and crop topney. Always thought this was **** look

Breathe On Me, because of three reasons:

-It's a great song

-The MV would be killer and would fit right in Britney's image back then

-Both Toxic with its bhangra elements and Everytime being a piano ballad were departures for Britney and were hugely successful singles. Going on that route I'd release Breathe On Me, a completely different, electronic, triphop song, instead of the urban choices like Boom Boom and Outrageous which her label was pushing

Guest $elfish
7 hours ago, Million Billion said:

Not necessarily, the live performance on the Onyx Hotel Tour portrays the song perfectly yet, it is far from being cheap or raunchy. They are (I guess) her more erotic songs. Just as Slow is to Kylie Minogue. 

I can just imagine a little girl who likes britney wanting to go to the onyx hotel tour with her parents then Britney's like 

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

The mom is like 

giphy.gif

and the dad is like 

****-face-o.gif

7 hours ago, $elfish said:

I can just imagine a little girl who likes britney wanting to go to the onyx hotel tour with her parents then Britney's like 

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

The mom is like 

giphy.gif

and the dad is like 

****-face-o.gif

Well she was criticized as hell back then. Both the album and the tour were seen as too ****** and racy since she just came from a bubblegum pop era. Even there were glimpses of the new **** Britney (slave, boys, rock and roll) she was still portrayed as the America's sweetheart, so yeah, it was a huge risk that with the time both tour and album have aged so well. 

Guest $elfish
41 minutes ago, Million Billion said:

Well she was criticized as hell back then.

you don't appreciate it till it's gone tbh i remember reading fans saying it was trashy and her dancing was bad on an old forum archive

if they only knew:meltdown:

Archived