If you had to choose a proper 4th single off of In the Zone...

kutayuysaler

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Outrageous was a song that was forced on the album by her label and then they proceeded to pressure her to release it and she kept fighting them on it until they finally forced it as the 4th single and she coincidentally "broke her leg" on set. Its obvious she didn't want to record that song let alone release it as a single and she fought her way out of it. The real 4th single should have been Breathe On Me, Early Morning, or Touch of My Hand which are the songs Britney actually loved and felt strongly about. Regardless of whether or not they were going to hit.

1 minute ago, blacklistedd said:

Outrageous was a song that was forced on the album by her label and then they proceeded to pressure her to release it and she kept fighting them on it until they finally forced it as the 4th single and she coincidentally "broke her leg" on set. Its obvious she didn't want to record that song let alone release it as a single and she fought her way out of it. The real 4th single should have been Breathe On Me, Early Morning, or Touch of My Hand which are the songs Britney actually loved and felt strongly about. Regardless of whether or not they were going to hit.

Britney said yes and no to the tracks she wanted on this album, it was the first album she had more control. Writing more and being more hands on with producers and making it a different album.

Britney choose both Toxic and Everytime as singles, TOMH and EM would've flopped although great songs not radio friendly.

3 minutes ago, IconicShow said:

Britney said yes and no to the tracks she wanted on this album, it was the first album she had more control. Writing more and being more hands on with producers and making it a different album.

Britney choose both Toxic and Everytime as singles, TOMH and EM would've flopped although great songs not radio friendly.

She had a big hand in this record yes, but its been exposed and she herself alluded strongly to the label forcing Outrageous both on the album and as a single. Which is why she found a way out of it when push came to shove.

Guest T0UCH0FMYHAND
15 minutes ago, blacklistedd said:

She had a big hand in this record yes, but its been exposed and she herself alluded strongly to the label forcing Outrageous both on the album and as a single. Which is why she found a way out of it when push came to shove.

Are you implying that she injured her leg on purpose? Are you good? :squintney:

2 minutes ago, T0UCH0FMYHAND said:

Im absolutely implying that it could have happened on purpose. I never thought of that as being a controversial opinion. It seemed kind of obvious.

Just now, kutayuysaler said:

yh i dont think she couldve taken it that far but that made an opportunity for her to cancel the video tho

this is also probable

4 minutes ago, T0UCH0FMYHAND said:

Britney wouldn't have been stupid enough to injure herself on purpose. Let's not forget she had already injured her knee during an earlier OHT show and also in 1999. 

I read a rumour that apparently she was tired during the video shoot as she had literally just flown to NYC to shoot the video after the European  leg of the OHT ended and she was exhausted and didn't want to be rushed into a video so soon. But it's just a rumour and I'm not saying that contributed to her injury or anything. But I do think if it's true she should have been given some space as she was tired from the OHT European leg ending but Jive must have had a tight schedule or something to get the video done asap.

Guest T0UCH0FMYHAND
3 minutes ago, blacklistedd said:

Im absolutely implying that it could have happened on purpose. I never thought of that as being a controversial opinion. It seemed kind of obvious.

It's obvious that it did not happen on purpose. 

Outrageous most likely. The video looked like it would be epic, and other than Boom Boom, it was probably the only other chance at a hit in the US from the album. My second choice would be Breathe On Me just for the music video. I can only imagine how epic that would be. 

32 minutes ago, blacklistedd said:

Found a way out of what? Challenging herself with the choreography and her knee giving out, you think she did the same thing for the Sometimes video when she hurt her knee? Stop concocting some fabrication just because you have some disdain for the track.

Archived