In retrospective, was the 2016 BBMA peformance really that great?

Mr. Lucky

BBMA 2016 performance  

183 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tbh the only parts that weren't great were Work ***** and the first half of Womanizer. Once she got into the Womanizer breakdown, she was on fire for the rest.

For post-Primeney, this performance gets a 9/10

Even judging by Primeney's standards, this would have gotten an 7/10 -- which is a pretty great score.

Yes, it was great!

Make up, hair, costume, attitude, fierceness, owning the stage and confidence were there!

Even though it was POM, it looked really good cause it was condensed to best moments.. That kind of stage presence / attitude and a bit more of choreo, props and spectacle and pre-recorded vocal and she would slayed SuperBowl!

54 minutes ago, Poe Dameron said:

Yes, it was great!

Make up, hair, costume, attitude, fierceness, owning the stage and confidence were there!

Even though it was POM, it looked really good cause it was condensed to best moments.. That kind of stage presence / attitude and a bit more of choreo, props and spectacle and pre-recorded vocal and she would slayed SuperBowl!

best moments? :girlwhat:

Breathe on Me and Touch of My Hand best moments? Groundworkney? Gurl pls... giphy.gif

2 hours ago, ohoney said:

It was ok, it has some great moments but is not exactly 'primeney' imo, her best perfomance to date since years...

ikr it was the perfect comeback performance to live award shows! <3 :flawlessbye:

I always said the same thing... It was good, but not that great as everyone says. It wasn't "legendary" o "iconic" at all. She was VERY nervous, WB was a bit painful to watch because of that. Her energy and attitude was great, the best in years I have to say, but the choreographies are awful (not a surprise lol). The pole dance was terrible (I still dont understand why she uses it because she doesn' look good) and the moment she doesn't move at all for like 5 seconds before the backflip was... :sickofu: The only thing that I really loved was the womanizer breakdown, Toxic was amazing and I LOVED that she had the chance to sing Breathe On Me and Touch Of My Hand at an awards ceremony, these songs are one of her bests songs and the GP should know them. LRR was pretty good too. Oh, and she looked amazing! Her body was on fire and the outfit was sooo good! Thanks God she didn't use an awful leotard again, she looks so much better with that outfit.

Overall... 7.5/10

But it was a big missed opportunity, it was POM when she could have promoted Make Me... :crying11: It was a small clue of the disaster that would follow. If only we had known ... :britdrown:

Guest $elfish
1 hour ago, BoyToySoldier said:

She's had like 2 of the exact same performances since but go awf Onika :tiffcackle:

And they are both amazing performances:lemmetellu: 

as a thirsty fan she absolutely slayed me.

hair and make up were on point, outfit could have been better, but at least it was high-quality :moorangu:  

her facial expressions were great!!!  

BUT: beginning and womanizer were messy till the break, too much hair touching, too little audience interaction,  her moves were good but still kinda stif, weak parts between the good parts... and the feeling of "let's get it over with" you get from her, especially after her backflip.. it was kinda rushed 

15 hours ago, Mr. Lucky said:

418a4d32276a06bf7d3eea5102bc3bca.gif

SHE DID THAT AMAZING BACKFLIP SO WELL EXECUTED, CAMERA ANGLE PERFECT, SHE GETS BACK UP AND SPINS AROUND AND KEEP DANCING WITH HER DANCERS AND ITS SO HOT! :yesplease:
No other popstar does that on TV, If that's not something to be proud of as a fan, i dont get you guys :whitneyshade:

17 hours ago, Million Billion said:

If you compare it to the Primeney days, ofc it does look average but to Currentney's standars it was great not only because was feeling it, the costume was great, she was in great shape and it was a good reminder to people that she was still here giving her best. 

Was it perfect? Maybe no, but even the DWAD, Onyx, Oops and BOMT tours had bad things so perfection will never be reached. There's always gonna be something to improve but overall it was GREAT! 

The Bomt tour wasn'T that wow , it's just nostalgia for the most part and OIDA tour also. Danceney started at DAWAD when the show was mainly dancing and no vocals(pre-recorded)

8 minutes ago, Popeye said:

The Bomt tour wasn'T that wow , it's just nostalgia for the most part and OIDA tour also. Danceney started at DAWAD when the show was mainly dancing and no vocals(pre-recorded)

Once again, by comparing them we will never get an accurate rate because they are so different but the BOMT tour was great as hell, didn't you watch that Wango Tango performance that leaked recently? Her fierceness was there since the very first days but her shows weren't as shocking as her other tours for lack of stage props, lighting, and technology her tours as from the Oops tour had.

Let's not forget that her first tour even when she got so famous and successful so fast she was still seen as a "one hot wonder" everyone thought she was just gonna stay for a while an then go away.  The Oops album established her as the main pop star and then by the Britney era she was already an icon of her generation. 

Guest I Think I'm Ready Now
35 minutes ago, Popeye said:

dude what

OIDIA was full on dancing, except the ballads, just like Dwad

Aren't you tired of that gif and your stupid threads tho? if you bother to look in here, because a lot of users made tons of threads the day after her performance, the media WW praised it and everyone here also loved it, take your stupid *** somewhere else annoying trash. You are just part of that toxic group of teenagers that are "fans" since 2015 or less and are dedicated to bring down Britney or everyone who thinks different than them .:whitney:

Archived