If Britney recorded "Can't Get You Out Of My Head"

4 hours ago, Britneyfan1334 said:

How did Me Against the Music and Everytime do? Like were they huge hits?

Everyone knew them but they could have been bigger.

Aug 2003 - my vma kiss performance which had so much global hype but me against the music was an underwhelming song considering all the hype. The radio ban was no more, she was promoting a lot but the song is just okay. Personally, not a fan. 

Nov 2003 - in the zone debuts at #1 with very good first week sales

Jan 2004 - Then she did the 55 hour marriage which was a huuuge story and negative but didn't affect Toxic from being a smash hit. Rap and Rock dominated the charts but toxic peaked at #9 in the USA and #1 in most countries internationally.

She started seeing Kevin federline this year...onyx tour did well but the news talked badly of her constantly.

Everytime - did very well internationally. #15 in the USA --i thought it would have done better and it got no nominations. But toxic and Everytime both went #1 in the UK! First time since Baby one more time & born to make you happy went #1 in with her first album (1999) in the UK. 

No fourth single

She was very popular in the tabloids and media..toxic was nominated for a bunch of VMAs in 2004. Britney was overexposed, with Kevin federline, didn't attend and didn't win any VMAs. VMAs were extremely boring without her 

2005 she won a Grammy for best dance recording for Toxic. She didn't attend. She was still overexposed and had a ton of negative publicity because of Kevin, how casual she was in public and because of the negative reaction to Chaotic the show.

No need album in 2004 (besides a greatest hits), 2005 or 2006 but she was the most famous celebrity by miles anyway. 

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, popprison said:

Everyone knew them but they could have been bigger.

Aug 2003 - my vma kiss performance which had so much global hype but me against the music was an underwhelming song considering all the hype. The radio ban was no more, she was promoting a lot but the song is just okay. Personally, not a fan. 

Nov 2003 - in the zone debuts at #1 with very good first week sales

Jan 2004 - Then she did the 55 hour marriage which was a huuuge story and negative but didn't affect Toxic from being a smash hit. Rap and Rock dominated the charts but toxic peaked at #9 in the USA and #1 in most countries internationally.

She started seeing Kevin federline this year...onyx tour did well but the news talked badly of her constantly.

Everytime - did very well internationally. #15 in the USA --i thought it would have done better and it got no nominations. But toxic and Everytime both went #1 in the UK! First time since Baby one more time & born to make you happy went #1 in with her first album (1999) in the UK. 

No fourth single

She was very popular in the tabloids and media..toxic was nominated for a bunch of VMAs in 2004. Britney was overexposed, with Kevin federline, didn't attend and didn't win any VMAs. VMAs were extremely boring without her 

2005 she won a Grammy for best dance recording for Toxic. She didn't attend. She was still overexposed and had a ton of negative publicity because of Kevin, how casual she was in public and because of the negative reaction to Chaotic the show.

No need album in 2004 (besides a greatest hits), 2005 or 2006 but she was the most famous celebrity by miles anyway. 

Wait I thought that the radio ban only got lifted when Toxic came out. What was everyone's reaction tho to Everytime because I feel like everyone was positive since it was different for her. Was the Onyx Tour controversial because I remember reading something that parents were mad that she was performing songs like Touch of my Hand and kissing guys on stage? Also how did My Preogative, Do Somethin', and Someday do, I know Do Somethin' charted at like 100 and My Preogative and Someday didn't chart but were they huge hits like I am not a girl not yet a woman even though they didn't chart or charted low?

2 hours ago, Britneyfan1334 said:

Wait I thought that the radio ban only got lifted when Toxic came out. What was everyone's reaction tho to Everytime because I feel like everyone was positive since it was different for her. Was the Onyx Tour controversial because I remember reading something that parents were mad that she was performing songs like Touch of my Hand and kissing guys on stage? Also how did My Preogative, Do Somethin', and Someday do, I know Do Somethin' charted at like 100 and My Preogative and Someday didn't chart but were they huge hits like I am not a girl not yet a woman even though they didn't chart or charted low?

You might be right about the radio ban getting lifted after me against. 

Yes onyx tour criticized because of that plus the lip syncing.

Exactly, my prerogative was kind of like a not a girl hit (not as big though) where people knew it but it didn't chart. Someday was fairly popular too especially because Britney Spears was pregnant! It was such a big deal lol...

Do somethin was not as big, mainly among Brit fans and yes, peaked at #100. 

The main thing is that rap and Rock took over big time starting in 2001. 1999-2001, she sold like hotcakes..but she was still new so unless the song wasn't hit me baby, crazy or oops level --it's didn't chart high for her because she was in her Justin Bieber my world + baby phase if u get my drift? 

2002-2005 was easy for rock, punk, rap acts to chart. Very, very hard for pop acts unless you had a guitar and we're very organic. There was a big movement against Britney Spears musically. Trust me lol... mainly because she did so well and got 99% of the attention.

I feel like I'm going off topic here haha

On 16/6/2017 at 7:22 PM, Britneyfan1334 said:

I just always wanted to know did she own 2004? Like some stans say she did but some say she didn't. It's just so confusing being a Britney stan when you didn't live through her best. 

Are you a new fan sweetie? 

3 hours ago, popprison said:

You might be right about the radio ban getting lifted after me against. 

Yes onyx tour criticized because of that plus the lip syncing.

Exactly, my prerogative was kind of like a not a girl hit (not as big though) where people knew it but it didn't chart. Someday was fairly popular too especially because Britney Spears was pregnant! It was such a big deal lol...

Do somethin was not as big, mainly among Brit fans and yes, peaked at #100. 

The main thing is that rap and Rock took over big time starting in 2001. 1999-2001, she sold like hotcakes..but she was still new so unless the song wasn't hit me baby, crazy or oops level --it's didn't chart high for her because she was in her Justin Bieber my world + baby phase if u get my drift? 

2002-2005 was easy for rock, punk, rap acts to chart. Very, very hard for pop acts unless you had a guitar and we're very organic. There was a big movement against Britney Spears musically. Trust me lol... mainly because she did so well and got 99% of the attention.

I feel like I'm going off topic here haha

No I got you haha but if she was like a Justin Bieber than why is she so respected nowadays? Like everyone in the industry always says how much of an inspiration she was to all these girls. I know Avril didn't like her and Christina hated her but like was she still was the center of attention in 2005? She didn't even release anything.

9 hours ago, Britneyfan1334 said:

No I got you haha but if she was like a Justin Bieber than why is she so respected nowadays? Like everyone in the industry always says how much of an inspiration she was to all these girls. I know Avril didn't like her and Christina hated her but like was she still was the center of attention in 2005? She didn't even release anything.

Justin will be respected in a few years. His songs and albums and very good. 

Yes, 2005 she was always in the news over random things. Pregnant, k fed, new album or no new album, her choice of fashion, etc...I wish instagram was around those days. Kelly Clarkson and gwen Stefani were the main it girls of 2005...so.. idk

• 3 years later...

It's Kylie's biggest hit, #1 in 42 countries, she held that record until Madonna released hung up 

Parlophone delayed in your eyes the second single due to radio refused to let it go. 

She beat posh Spice. 

If you live in the UK. 

That was the biggest chart battle at that time. Kylie vs. Posh. Virgin really didn't think this one through. 

The impact that the song had in the US. It predated the dance boom of the late 00s.  

But it's considered one of the tracks that foreshadowed of what was to come. It wasn't until as Usual an American artist took a sound that's not there's and sold it to American artists.

The Fame I'm looking at u girl. 

They would release it as an europe only single and it would be a minor hit there because she wouldn't promote.

In this case I think Kylie was the right choice for the song because she always was somewhat big on Europe and she was close to the EDM scene. She was classy and fierce, even Kylie from today couldn't be that edgy and classy. For crying out loud this woman is the same who give the world gores like Dancing. Let's hope Kylie goes back to singing Britneys left overs. 

1 hour ago, RedBloodedWoman said:

Yes. Nu-Di-Ty was originally for Britney too

It was for Blackout :)

1 hour ago, MeAgainstTheMusic_ said:

Wasn’t Toxic and Breathe On Me originally for Kylie? 

Only Toxic

4 minutes ago, s&m said:

I wish Britney recorded  Kylie's "Get Outta my away" off Aphrodite 

It was sent to Britney for Femme Fatale

1 minute ago, Spicechinodiva said:

Jive rejected that track, Britney and JT were label mates. 

So why was Cry Me A River allowed to happen with a Britney look alike in the video? Everytime also happened which was clearly about JT. 

Sweet Dreams My LAX would have been such a hit for Britney I think. It’s so obvious it was written for Britney rather than a Rachel Stevens...

6 minutes ago, MeAgainstTheMusic_ said:

So why was Cry Me A River allowed to happen with a Britney look alike in the video? Everytime also happened which was clearly about JT. 

Sweet Dreams My LAX would have been such a hit for Britney I think. It’s so obvious it was written for Britney rather than a Rachel Stevens...

Rachel Stevens was from a band called S Club 7, she had to have music to satisfy the public needs for the Much desired solo album. 

Archived