If Britney recorded "Can't Get You Out Of My Head"

2 hours ago, Pedro Dantas said:

True. But I don't think anyone actually knows the name of the song. People just know it as the "la la la" song. And it's streams aren't that bad. It has around 40 or 50 million streams on Spotify (I might be wrong about this).

Anyway, I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree. :forkit:

i don't think my generation is familiar with Can't get u out of my head or even the singer Kylie Minogue in general, she's not very famous here, so it's Toxic for sure in my country.   :forkit:

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
55 minutes ago, button said:

i don't think my generation is familiar with Can't get u out of my head or even the singer Kylie Minogue in general, she's not very famous here, so it's Toxic for sure in my country.   :forkit:

Complete opposite in my country! (Apart from toxic, was a massive no.1 in my country)  can't get u out of my head was a huge hit (no.1) and remains a well known song. Kylie was always well known in the Uk, but after this she became huge. Funny how peoples game varies so much between countries

Ps. This post is not worded well, both toxic and CGYOOMH were massive songs. In my opinion, toxic is the bigger hit nowadays, and is played more than CGYOOMH on radio

6 minutes ago, Chris343 said:

Complete opposite in my country! (Apart from toxic, was a massive no.1 in my country)  can't get u out of my head was a huge hit (no.1) and remains a well known song. Kylie was always well known in the Uk, but after this she became huge. Funny how peoples game varies so much between countries

Wasn't Kylie an actress in very popular soap opera in UK on some point at the beginning of her career? :squintney:

Just now, falka said:

Wasn't Kyle an actress in very popular soap opera in UK on some point at the beginning of her career? :squintney:

Yeah she starred in the 80's Australian soap 'Neighbour's', which was massive in the UK. She then broke out in music soon after, didn't do too well through the 90's mid, then CGYOOMH put her back on top again

1 hour ago, button said:

I agree with this part. CGYOOMH itself is more famous than Kylie. But I feel like this generation might not know Kylie or the name of the song, but I think they know the "la la la" in the song, which was what made the song big in the first place. Plus, it appeared in The Simpsons twice and it was voted as the catchiest song in the world.

5 hours ago, button said:

so u didn't answer my question. if her fanbase was the reason the song became a hit in the US then why didn't the same happen to her songs before and after cgyomh?

plenty of Britney videos were hits on TRL and received no to average airplay. the song becoming a hit has nothing with her fans voting for TRL.

since it became a hit everywhere outside the US, her label pushed for it in the us and probably offered some payola checks. it's the same situation today as say, Cheap thrills. The song became a hit in all countries outside of the us so her label start pushing it on US radio to make it a hit in the biggest music market.

Kylie didn't fit in with American teen pop crowed because of her European pop sound and  she was well past her teens. Her international fans may have voted to keep her on TRL  but , if it was just her fansbase voting, that wouldn't be good enough and without a constant strong push from her label for US stations (tv/radio) to play her music, she wasn't going to get another hit.

TRL gave the song exposure and introduced a new generation to Kylie, which prompted more radio stations to play her music, which gave the songs broader audience outside of the TRL crowd. Can't Get You Outta My Head was popular but,like @pedro dantas said, most people didn't know the name of the song and definitely don't remember it now.

Spotify may be a huge free music streaming source but many people in The USA don't use it. It would be inaccurate to judge a songs legacy/popularity based on their Spotify streams in The USA, since a lot of Americans don't use it.

1 hour ago, Pedro Dantas said:

I agree with this part. CGYOOMH itself is more famous than Kylie. But I feel like this generation might not know Kylie or the name of the song, but I think they know the "la la la" in the song, which was what made the song big in the first place. Plus, it appeared in The Simpsons twice and it was voted as the catchiest song in the world.

No it isn't... :weirdmeout:

Kylie's been active in show business since the 80's. The fact is she's more of an overseas local act and yet was still able to break into markets on the other side of the globe such as the US and has had great longevity over the years.

Fever was her 8th album, compare that to Britney Jean. 

8 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

No it isn't... :weirdmeout:

Kylie's been active in show business since the 80's. The fact is she's more of an overseas local act and yet was still able to break into markets on the other side of the globe such as the US and has had great longevity over the years.

Fever was her 8th album, compare that to Britney Jean. 

I never said she was irrelevant or anything like that. I just think people around the world (especially in the US) are more likely to know CGYOOMH than Kylie.

On 6/14/2017 at 5:29 PM, godneyb said:

Would it slay?

Do you see her vocals on the track?

Would it propelled her into more superstardom?

Would it help with the decline sales of the Britney Era in 2001

Or the Radio Ban? 

I think if she would of recorded it , she would have been a global phenomenon. I'm not saying that the Britney Era was a flop..but it was obvious it couldn't match up with previous eras.

I just want to know which era was more successful? Britney or ITZ?

6 hours ago, Pedro Dantas said:

I never said she was irrelevant or anything like that. I just think people around the world (especially in the US) are more likely to know CGYOOMH than Kylie.

I had no idea who Kylie was until this year and that's because of Twitter. I still never heard CGTOOMH. 

1 minute ago, Britneyfan1334 said:

But like which era was she more famous in? Like which one is considered more iconic? And what do you mean by equivalents?

you asked about which album was bigger aka commercial success, what does her fame have to do with it?

and quite frankly, do u think her fame changed from 2002 to 2003? it's just one year

equivalents = albums sales + physical singles sales*0.33+digital single sales/10+streaming

3 minutes ago, button said:

you asked about which album was bigger aka commercial success, what does her fame have to do with it?

and quite frankly, do u think her fame changed from 2002 to 2003? it's just one year

equivalents = albums sales + physical singles sales*0.33+digital single sales/10+streaming

I don't know I just always wanted to know more about the ITZ era. It's my favorite album of hers and I didn't get to live through so everytime I see someone talk about it on here, I want to know how iconic it really was. 

10 hours ago, nonoiseplz said:

Kylie didn't fit in with American teen pop crowed because of her European pop sound and  she was well past her teens. Her international fans may have voted to keep her on TRL  but , if it was just her fansbase voting, that wouldn't be good enough and without a constant strong push from her label for US stations (tv/radio) to play her music, she wasn't going to get another hit.

TRL gave the song exposure and introduced a new generation to Kylie, which prompted more radio stations to play her music, which gave the songs broader audience outside of the TRL crowd. Can't Get You Outta My Head was popular but,like @pedro dantas said, most people didn't know the name of the song and definitely don't remember it now.

Spotify may be a huge free music streaming source but many people in The USA don't use it. It would be inaccurate to judge a songs legacy/popularity based on their Spotify streams in The USA, since a lot of Americans don't use it.

It's not a question whether Toxic or Kylie's song is more relevant in the US though. why do u have a problem with Spotify

Spotify is used by people in their 20s and teens. The fact that Toxic has almost 130M spotify streams proves that it grew legs and reached younger demographics. Kylie's song on the other hand didn't. It'll remain a memory for the generation of teens from that period like you for example

8 minutes ago, Britneyfan1334 said:

I don't know I just always wanted to know more about the ITZ era. It's my favorite album of hers and I didn't get to live through so everytime I see someone talk about it on here, I want to know how iconic it really was. 

i was 5,5 when she released itz i don't remember much either

u'll learn to live with it sweetie

Archived