If Britney recorded "Can't Get You Out Of My Head"

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do see Britney's vocal on that track. i actually can hear it right now in my head. That song Britney would slay for sure! Even tho I'm not a big fan of that song, but it's maybe because I'm not feeling Kylie in general (no hate), but sure if it was Britney's song I probably would love the track.

It would have not been huge if Britney recorded it. The sound was too European(disco/electronic smooth pop) and not something most American teenagers were into at the time. In 2001,  I thought the song was boring and sounded/looked out of place on TRL. I imagine Kylie's fanbase heavily requested the video on TRL and that is why it had longevity on the show ; which had a lot to do with the song eventually receiving decent US radio airplay.

2 hours ago, nonoiseplz said:

It would have not been huge if Britney recorded it. The sound was too European(disco/electronic smooth pop) and not something most American teenagers were into at the time. In 2001,  I thought the song was boring and sounded/looked out of place on TRL. I imagine Kylie's fanbase heavily requested the video on TRL and that is why it had longevity on the show ; which had a lot to do with the song eventually receiving decent US radio airplay.

u are reaching so hard with this.

Kylie has a very weak fanbase in the US and if they were the reason the song became a hit then why didn't her songs before and after "Can't get u out of my head" have the same faith?

3 hours ago, nonoiseplz said:

11 minutes ago, button said:

Kylie has a very weak fanbase in the US and if they were the reason the song became a hit then why didn't her songs before and after "Can't get u out of my head" have the same faith?

There's also a video I saw about CGYOOMH being Kylie's breakout US hit with Destiny's Child saying they loved it and Beyonce even sang a few lines

1 hour ago, button said:

She didn't need a strong US fanbase because voting for videos on TRL was done through a telephone hotline and internet request. I don't have to reach for anything. I was a teenager watching TRL during that time. One random day on TRL they did a premiere for Kylie Mignouge's "Can't get you outta my head". That cheap instrumental, her  look, and that  faded futuristic video all felt out of place on TRL.  Other than TRL's suspected payola practices, Kylies international fanbase is the main reason video stayed on the countdown which made radio take notice and start giving it airplay.  Most American teenagers didn't even know that she was the same person who sang Locomotion until TRL told us. Thats when I realized that she was wayyyyyyyy older than Britney and her teenpop clones.

2 hours ago, nonoiseplz said:

She didn't need a strong US fanbase because voting for videos on TRL was done through a telephone hotline and internet request. I don't have to reach for anything. I was a teenager watching TRL during that time. One random day on TRL they did a premiere for Kylie Mignouge's "Can't get you outta my head". That cheap instrumental, her  look, and that  faded futuristic video all felt out of place on TRL.  Other than TRL's suspected payola practices, Kylies international fanbase is the main reason video stayed on the countdown which made radio take notice and start giving it airplay.  Most American teenagers didn't even know that she was the same person who sang Locomotion until TRL told us. Thats when I realized that she was wayyyyyyyy older than Britney and her teenpop clones.

so u didn't answer my question. if her fanbase was the reason the song became a hit in the US then why didn't the same happen to her songs before and after cgyomh?

plenty of Britney videos were hits on TRL and received no to average airplay. the song becoming a hit has nothing with her fans voting for TRL.

since it became a hit everywhere outside the US, her label pushed for it in the us and probably offered some payola checks. it's the same situation today as say, Cheap thrills. The song became a hit in all countries outside of the us so her label start pushing it on US radio to make it a hit in the biggest music market.

How many spotify plays does Kylie's song have? I bet Toxic leaves it in the absolute dust. Just like on Youtube

Kylie isn't really known outside of Europe and Oceania so it's not surprising that she doesn't have big streaming numbers. She doesn't even have a proper VEVO library. In my opinion, CGYOOMH is more iconic than Toxic, outside of North America.

But to awnser your question, CGYOOMH's streaming numbers aren't as big as Toxic.

6 minutes ago, Pedro Dantas said:

Kylie isn't really known outside of Europe and Oceania so it's not surprising that she doesn't have big streaming numbers. She doesn't even have a proper VEVO library. In my opinion, CGYOOMH is more iconic than Toxic, outside of North America.

But to awnser your question, CGYOOMH's streaming numbers aren't as big as Toxic.

Spotify is the biggest streaming service in Europe. It's huge there.

And North american people were exposed to the song since it was a hit there. They don't have to be familiar with kylie to look it up and stream it.

in my book she doesn't have an excuse if Can't get u out of my head has bad Spotify streaming which indicates whether a song has longevity and a lasting legacy or not.

On June 15, 2017 at 0:29 AM, godneyb said:

Would it slay?

Do you see her vocals on the track?

Would it propelled her into more superstardom?

Would it help with the decline sales of the Britney Era in 2001

Or the Radio Ban? 

I think if she would of recorded it , she would have been a global phenomenon. I'm not saying that the Britney Era was a flop..but it was obvious it couldn't match up with previous eras.

Thank god she didn't. I love kylie but this was the most annoying song she ever recorded. I refuse to finish listening to it.

Spotify is the biggest streaming service in Europe. It's huge there.

And North american people were exposed to the song since it was a hit there. They don't have to be familiar with kylie to look it up and stream it.

in my book she doesn't have an excuse if Can't get u out of my head has bad Spotify streaming which indicates whether a song has longevity and a lasting legacy or not.

True. But I don't think anyone actually knows the name of the song. People just know it as the "la la la" song. And it's streams aren't that bad. It has around 40 or 50 million streams on Spotify (I might be wrong about this).

Anyway, I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree. :forkit:

Archived