If Britney recorded "Can't Get You Out Of My Head"

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's more Kylie. But honestly, Britney was still the biggest singer of 2002 even with the radio ban in the USA. Internationally, she was everywhere. Sales were declining big time for everybody. Her sales were still very, very good. People just compare it to her 1999 & 2000 when free downloads was at a minimum. Also, Eminem, the backstreet boys, nsync and destiny's child's 1999/2000 albums sold double what their 2002 and so on albums sold. 

I believe Eminem was the only artist that sold almost as much as his 1999/2000 albums in the mid 2000s. Britney the album pretty did amazing too. But, yeah, the ban had a negative impact on her USA sales..not worldwide though. 

4 minutes ago, button said:

haha i was just joking

Her kiss with medoner and Toxic are iconic for sure and the performances were lit.

Britney at her best. what are u confused about?

I just always wanted to know did she own 2004? Like some stans say she did but some say she didn't. It's just so confusing being a Britney stan when you didn't live through her best. 

7 minutes ago, popprison said:

It's more Kylie. But honestly, Britney was still the biggest singer of 2002 even with the radio ban in the USA. Internationally, she was everywhere. Sales were declining big time for everybody. Her sales were still very, very good. People just compare it to her 1999 & 2000 when free downloads was at a minimum. Also, Eminem, the backstreet boys, nsync and destiny's child's 1999/2000 albums sold double what their 2002 and so on albums sold. 

I believe Eminem was the only artist that sold almost as much as his 1999/2000 albums in the mid 2000s. Britney the album pretty did amazing too. But, yeah, the ban had a negative impact on her USA sales..not worldwide though. 

Did the radio ban affect her popularity in the US too or was she still the biggest star in the US in 2002?

27 minutes ago, Britneyfan1334 said:

I just always wanted to know did she own 2004? Like some stans say she did but some say she didn't. It's just so confusing being a Britney stan when you didn't live through her best. 

own as in being the most successful one? no, Usher dominated 2004 with Yeah! and his diamond album confessions. Evanescence were also having their big breakthrough with "Fallen" and selling more albums than her.

it was a hard year for pop music because radio was favoring urban songs and allowing them to cross over and get huge airplay

She still had the top female song of 2004 though

http://www.mediatraffic.de/tracks-2004.htm

everytime is top 15 as well

Me against the music is #33 despite coming out in 2003 too

6 minutes ago, button said:

own as in being the most successful one? no, Usher dominated 2004 with Yeah! and his diamond album confessions. Evanescence were also having their big breakthrough with "Fallen" and selling more albums than her.

it was a hard year for pop music because radio was favoring urban songs and allowing them cross over and get huge airplay

She still had the top female song of 2004 though

http://www.mediatraffic.de/tracks-2004.htm

everytime is top 15 as well

Me against the music is #33 despite coming out in 2003 too

But like was she still that huge female star?

3 hours ago, Britneyfan1334 said:

Did the radio ban affect her popularity in the US too or was she still the biggest star in the US in 2002?

In the US..She was the most talked about singer but Avril Lavigne had debuted and took over radio in 2002 when it came to female singers. So I guess Avril was #1. Also, Norah Jones' s album Come Away With Me sold the most in 2002 (very random), more than Brit but she was a jazz singer so no "hits'. 

The radio ban in the USA--that would not her songs on the radio at all obviously but she was still on  MTV a lot and on the internet. Mainly negative stuff tbh because they were saying, all these new singers and bands always sing live, play guitar and don't try to be **** which was the opposite of Brit. 

Slave 4 u peaked at #27 on the billboard hot 100, not a girl, Overprotected, boys and I live rock n roll didn't make the top 50 or even chart. But they did well worldwide. 

I think that's part of why she did a lot of international promo--it wasn't as negative. But people really started grilling her, more than before. 

18 hours ago, popprison said:

In the US..She was the most talked about singer but Avril Lavigne had debuted and took over radio in 2002 when it came to female singers. So I guess Avril was #1. Also, Norah Jones' s album Come Away With Me sold the most in 2002 (very random), more than Brit but she was a jazz singer so no "hits'. 

The radio ban in the USA--that would not her songs on the radio at all obviously but she was still on  MTV a lot and on the internet. Mainly negative stuff tbh because they were saying, all these new singers and bands always sing live, play guitar and don't try to be **** which was the opposite of Brit. 

Slave 4 u peaked at #27 on the billboard hot 100, not a girl, Overprotected, boys and I live rock n roll didn't make the top 50 or even chart. But they did well worldwide. 

I think that's part of why she did a lot of international promo--it wasn't as negative. But people really started grilling her, more than before. 

So like everyone in the US knew her songs and she was still that top girl but the one who was dominated the radios were Avril? 

6 hours ago, Britneyfan1334 said:

So like everyone in the US knew her songs and she was still that top girl but the one who was dominated the radios were Avril? 

Exactly. She even got the Rollingstone Women in Rock special cover center that year with Shakira and Mary J Blige beside her and on the inside of the magazine was Avril and the other singers who won the awards and topped the song charts. It goes to show that Britney was still the "it" popstar who sold magazines and made the headlines despite her radio ban and growing negative publicity. That was also the year of the Pepsi ads.

Just now, popprison said:

Exactly. She even got the Rollingstone Women in Rock special cover center that year with Shakira and Mary J Blige beside her and on the inside of the magazine was Avril and the other singers who won the awards and topped the song charts. It goes to show that Britney was still the "it" popstar who sold magazines and made the headlines despite her radio ban and growing negative publicity. That was also the year of the Pepsi ads.

Why did she have a radio ban? 

1 minute ago, Britneyfan1334 said:

Why did she have a radio ban? 

I think because her team chose Pepsi to be the official sponsor of her dream with a dream tour (2001-2003). Clear Channel wanted to be the sponsor. Clear Channel also controlled (not sure if they still do today) what got played on the radio in the United States so...I guess they decided not to play her songs from the Britney album. Something like that, I would have to research. Basically, her songs peaked solely based on sales. And they didn't count digital sales till 2004. 

12 minutes ago, popprison said:

I think because her team chose Pepsi to be the official sponsor of her dream with a dream tour (2001-2003). Clear Channel wanted to be the sponsor. Clear Channel also controlled (not sure if they still do today) what got played on the radio in the United States so...I guess they decided not to play her songs from the Britney album. Something like that, I would have to research. Basically, her songs peaked solely based on sales. And they didn't count digital sales till 2004. 

But we're her songs still hits like did people know them?

8 minutes ago, Britneyfan1334 said:

But we're her songs still hits like did people know them?

Yes. All the videos for the Britney singles played on MTV a lot. She still performed on a lot of award shows, day time shows and late night  shows in the US despite the ban--mainly Slave 4 u & not a girl. Not a girl not yet a woman was very well known. She also had a few special where she performed Slave , boys and some others tv. Pharrell was a part of it. There was still tons of promo despite the songs not being on the radio.

21 minutes ago, popprison said:

Yes. All the videos for the Britney singles played on MTV a lot. She still performed on a lot of award shows, day time shows and late night  shows in the US despite the ban--mainly Slave 4 u & not a girl. Not a girl not yet a woman was very well known. She also had a few special where she performed Slave , boys and some others tv. Pharrell was a part of it. There was still tons of promo despite the songs not being on the radio.

How did Me Against the Music and Everytime do? Like were they huge hits?

Archived