Did Britney Jean get as many negative reviews

naturalplayboy

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People didn't hate on Britney Jean as much just because the album went under people's radar. She didn't promote it at all and everybody was focused on Vegas, not the album. Katy is getting more flack right now because her last 3 albums spawned super hits and saw huge commercial success. Katy's decline right now is is massive and that's why it's getting more attention than Britney Jean.

1 hour ago, danny1994 said:

Witness has a 54 on Metacritic, Britney Jean has a 50. I can’t argue with that.

I was just checking the reviews myself, and fun fact: Britney's overall music career score on Metacritic is a 64, while Katy's is a 54 (I'm shocked it's that low, TBH, I had just assumed Teenage Dream, at the least, was very well received).

But regarding the OP's question, other than reviews by actual critics, I really don't think the public response between BJ and Witness can be accurately compared, because in some ways this is Katy's biggest era to date (while her sales may be the lowest of her career, she's certainly more discussed than ever before). In contrast, as stated by others in this thread, hardly anyone outside of the core Britney fanbase is even aware of BJ's existence.

6 hours ago, TomM0RE said:

The only people who bashed the album were some exhalers after the Myah drama.

everyone here loved the album during the first months.

Perfume vocals still slay today and haters will deal :staysalty:

Lol that is absolutely false. I didn't care for it save a couple songs from the start. :xcuseme: so speak for yourself. 

1 hour ago, patr!ckjean said:

Lol that is absolutely false. I didn't care for it save a couple songs from the start. :xcuseme: so speak for yourself. 

Man the love Britney Jean received when the songs leaked was up there with the one Glory received. I can believe you are the exception to that but the majority of people here loved the album

1 hour ago, Britneyfan1334 said:

I wasn't a fan then and I only knew Work *****. I only thought it was that song, I didn't even know she had an album coming out. So I doubt the gp even knows what a Britney Jean even is.

I only heard of work ***** and then I heard alien when the no autotune version came out but besides that I never heard of the alum until I was a fan so it's definitely hard to hate an album when you've never heard its existence :idkney:

23 minutes ago, MakeMeFweaky said:

I only heard of work ***** and then I heard alien when the no autotune version came out but besides that I never heard of the alum until I was a fan so it's definitely hard to hate an album when you've never heard its existence :idkney:

When did you become a fan?

9 hours ago, Dynasty said:

90% of the GP has no idea Britney Jean exists, they simply think Work ***** is a stand alone single, like 3 :gloria: She didn't promote BJ whatsoever, instead she used the album to promote the residency and she didnt give a flying **** about it, she often didnt even mention it in the interviews :britdrown: 

Personally I think people hate the album mostly because Britney lied a lot about it. She called it her most personal, yet it has like 2 maybe 3 personal songs, the writing credits are all a lie because Britney got demos of the songs already written. And once everyone found out she didnt sing a good portion of the album people just dropped it and got very disappointed with her and her team. Basically i think people grew to hate it because both Brit and her team thought of us as sheeps who would do or buy anything. They sure learned their lesson :mhm:  

I will never know if the whole myah thing was actually a thing or just blown out of proportion. I wasn't even on exhale to witness THOSE meltdowns :madonna:

2 hours ago, JJones12992 said:

I will never know if the whole myah thing was actually a thing or just blown out of proportion. I wasn't even on exhale to witness THOSE meltdowns :madonna:

Do you mean on the album, or the meltdowns about Myah Jean here on Exhell? Because I assure you, Myah is a thing:

14 hours ago, It'sSamB!tch said:

Tbh in the beginning BJ wasn't even that hated on. Many here were going crazy for songs like Body Ache, Till its Gone and Alien. Now they are bashing it..... there were MANY topics regarding Body ache and Alien as 3rd single.....

Out of those three I only would want Til' It's Gone to be the 3rd single. It's an EDM bop and y'all will deal

YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU GOT TILL IT'S....tumblr_orjsgfCuwX1s3n6uoo2_250.gifGONE gone gone

• Super Mods

It honestly is not that bad of an album. There are some good tracks and critics didn't give it bad reviews, it was just average. 

I heard only bad reviews for Katy Perry's. One said it was the worst pop album of century. I personally don't like it, it's like artpop but even that album is better.

Archived