Did Britney Jean get as many negative reviews

naturalplayboy

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, It'sSamB!tch said:

Tbh in the beginning BJ wasn't even that hated on. Many here were going crazy for songs like Body Ache, Till its Gone and Alien. Now they are bashing it..... there were MANY topics regarding Body ache and Alien as 3rd single.....

Body Ache :mariahstare:

90% of the GP has no idea Britney Jean exists, they simply think Work ***** is a stand alone single, like 3 :gloria: She didn't promote BJ whatsoever, instead she used the album to promote the residency and she didnt give a flying **** about it, she often didnt even mention it in the interviews :britdrown: 

Personally I think people hate the album mostly because Britney lied a lot about it. She called it her most personal, yet it has like 2 maybe 3 personal songs, the writing credits are all a lie because Britney got demos of the songs already written. And once everyone found out she didnt sing a good portion of the album people just dropped it and got very disappointed with her and her team. Basically i think people grew to hate it because both Brit and her team thought of us as sheeps who would do or buy anything. They sure learned their lesson :mhm:  

11 minutes ago, Dynasty said:

She called it her most personal, yet it has like 2 maybe 3 personal songs, the writing credits are all a lie because Britney got demos of the songs already written.

You simple do not know what She did herself for dis album, how many songs has She wrote, something went wrong during production and We most likely never will know what happened.

1 hour ago, It'sSamB!tch said:

It was kinda a fan favorite at first. + fans went crazy cuz of the "won't stop till you breathe heavy" lyrics....

No it wasn't. Most people hated it even when it got released, along with ISBE and CWY. I remember that the few that liked BA were dragged left and right

reviews were def pretty lukewarm. 

Ppl on exhale def noticed there wasn't a smash after work ***** and were like wtf is the next single gonna be after perfume?....(no comment lol) and that the songs followed a stale edm trend, especially now that i found you. 

the gp i think obviously were here for work *****, and then not perfume. perfume got no hype, which i still think is sad. i love the song.  

Guest Diamond Horse

At least Witness really seems to tackle Katy's personal ideas whereas Brinny lied. 

(in case I have the right idea about Witness, I was a little bored trying to listen to it :P maybe I will try again in the future)

P.S. Katy wrote Passenger for Brenda Joanne, one of the "most personal" tracks of BJ. Yup, we could have argued it was, if only Britney would have sang all of it.

I dont think the GP knows BJ existed, only pop fans and critics actually knew about. I'll go on a limb and say that I dont think the GP public even knows Britney still releases albums, they just think she releases stand alone singles these days.

Archived