LIAR should have really been the lead single.

Guest StrawberryKisses

7 minutes ago, I am Max. said:

I know, and I agree with you. I really appreciate she tried to do something different, as I said before, the song is amazing and I love it. However, general public doesn't give a **** for slow Britney songs, they're expecting uptempo songs with high energy music videos. 

Not so sure, Everytime did really well. Make Me also did well for what it is, all things considered. Even Perfume and Criminal tbh. I think timing is more important and she didn't hit any right notes with MM's release.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not the lead, but definitely a single. They should've been like this:

1. Do You Wanna Come Over?
  2. Make Me...
  3. Liar
  4. If I'm Dancing / Better
  5. Man on the Moon
  6. Slumber Party

And Private Show as a promo single around the time Make Me... was released, but just for the perfume, with a full clip. 

4 minutes ago, Applejack said:

Not so sure, Everytime did really well. Make Me also did well for what it is, all things considered. Even Perfume and Criminal tbh. I think timing is more important and she didn't hit any right notes with MM's release.

Might be true. But if they already released Make Me..., Slumber party wasn't the correct follow up. She needed something more powerful like DYWCO, IID, Liar, even Clumsy or LMD which aren't my favorite tracks. 

13 minutes ago, Applejack said:

Everytime was released on 2004 after Toxic massive success. And, c'mon, let's be real, both Perfume and Criminal flopped and are barely known by GP. 

Again, I agree with you that the song is flawless, and that she didn't hit any right note with the release: the video was bad, the VMA performance (although I think she did amazing) was promo for G-Eazy more than her, and the lack of more promo performances ruined the song. 

If she wanted to try something slow for the first single, she should have created amazing visuals, do promo everywhere, and live vocals or an actual good choreo could had helped. The fact that the song is slow also kills club plays, and the reason that songs like TTWE, S&S, even Work ***** became iconic is because it has been played on clubs all around the world until today. 

24 minutes ago, PokéSpears said:

Not the lead, but definitely a single. They should've been like this:

1. Do You Wanna Come Over?
  2. Make Me...
  3. Liar
  4. If I'm Dancing / Better
  5. Man on the Moon
  6. Slumber Party

And Private Show as a promo single around the time Make Me... was released, but just for the perfume, with a full clip. 

They should still release IID, it should be the 3rd single......it gives me the same feeling Toxic did back before it was a single......it's so different and catchy!

This is hard for me.....Make Me people like.... i thinkk general Public would have BOUNCED  hard with Do You Wanna Come Over. Slumber Party was a good choice for #2 . But i do think Liar should def be a single yes .

• Super Mods

It should've been the second single. I like that MM was the lead, it was different and also just one of her best. You could blame exhale for making slumber party happen, I remember a lot of people were saying it was going to be a hit and makes a great summer song. 

4 hours ago, LWD said:

The "Bieber"  sound was very hip when she released Make Me, 

so I think Just Luv Me would be the best choice at that time.

Perform it with live vocals at the vma's (a ballad would've been something she'd never done before)

DYWCO 2nd single

LMD/CYM 3nd single 

MM 4th single

You're so ******* right. 

Legit. 

Just Luv Me as a VMA acoustic-ish performance would've been GROUNDBREAKING for her career. 

Such a good idea! They could've even done the shadow hands and everything. It would've been so strong.

If only....

5 hours ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

God no, sorry but Liar sounds dated and I hate what they've done to her voice in it......it's a fun track but certainly not lead single material! Make Me was a perfect first single, the problem was she waited so long to promote it and the whole video debacle turned a lot of people off! 

THIS. Liar sounds like a BJ song. I don't care if it never existed. Make Me was the perfect lead single, and the best song from the album imo. I'm glad Liar never made it on the standard album and that it was never released as a single.

Archived