LIAR should have really been the lead single.

Guest StrawberryKisses

Guest StrawberryKisses

Listening six months in. The GP would've ate it up.

The song mixed with a great video would have done wonders. I'm not biased, Liar isn't in my top 3 for the album, but it really screams a 'comeback' single. It has that classic fast-paced Britney beat and vocals... it really would've sounded great for June 2016.

Something about it screams Britney *****! Like the queen is back :sassybrit:. Make Me and Slumber Party are good... but too slow for Britney.

Team B never gave Glory a chance as her comeback album.

LIAR is way better than Bon Apetit ... and see how that basic song became one of the most viewed?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, StrawberryKisses said:

Listening six months in. The GP would've ate it up.

The song mixed with a great video would have done wonders. I'm not biased, Liar isn't in my top 3 for the album, but it really screams a 'comeback' single. It has that classic fast-paced Britney beat and vocals... it really would've sounded great for June 2016.

Something about it screams Britney *****! Like the queen is back :sassybrit:. Make Me and Slumber Party are good... but too slow for Britney.

Team B never gave Glory a chance as her comeback album.

LIAR is way better than Bon Apetit ... and see how that basic song became one of the most viewed?

I wish it was. It would have made the public think it was a big F U message to Justin (which I like) #NotSorry

Guest $elfish

Liar should have been the lead 

then dywco 

then if I'm dancing 

and if if I'm dancing does well 

release just love me as the 4th single 

1 minute ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

God no, sorry but Liar sounds dated and I hate what they've done to her voice in it......it's a fun track but certainly not lead single material! Make Me was a perfect first single, the problem was she waited so long to promote it and the whole video debacle turned a lot of people off! 

1. Womanizer was released Sep 27 and the first performance was on Nov 27. 
  2. HIAM was released Jan 10 and the first performance wasn't until March 25 (and it was actually shown on TV on IAtFF premiere). 
  3. Work ***** didn't have any promo performance, yet still did better.  
  4. Make Me was released on July 15 and first performance on Aug 28, only a little more than a month after the premiere. So, no, that's not the excuse. 

Make Me is an amazing song, but wasn't really a good choice as a first single, it was too slow, plus the music video was really bad. 

The "Bieber"  sound was very hip when she released Make Me, 

so I think Just Luv Me would be the best choice at that time.

Perform it with live vocals at the vma's (a ballad would've been something she'd never done before)

DYWCO 2nd single

LMD/CYM 3nd single 

MM 4th single

4 minutes ago, I am Max. said:
  2. HIAM was released Jan 10 and the first performance wasn't until March 25 (and it was actually shown on TV on IAtFF premiere). 
  4. Make Me was released on July 15 and first performance on Aug 28, only a little more than a month after the premiere. So, no, that's not the excuse. 

Make Me is an amazing song, but wasn't really a good choice as a first single, it was too slow, plus the music video was really bad. 

Womanizer was her comeback single it had so much hype behind it so of course it was going to do well and she was still riding off the success of the Circus era with HIAM. WB only charted a few spots higher and is a HORRIBLE song by far her worst lead single ever! 

I like that MM was slow it showed a different side of Britney, she needs to grow and try new things......she can't always do upbeat/club bangers or what not.....it's called artistic growth/development! 

10 minutes ago, I am Max. said:

The fact MM is a slow song is what makes it a really interesting and daring choice for first single. I wouldn't regret it tbh. Yeah, but the MV killed it tho.  :ricackle:

3 minutes ago, Applejack said:

The fact MM is a slow song is what makes it a really interesting and daring choice for first single. I wouldn't regret it tbh. Yeah, but the MV killed it tho.  :ricackle:

I know, and I agree with you. I really appreciate she tried to do something different, as I said before, the song is amazing and I love it. However, general public doesn't give a **** for slow Britney songs, they're expecting uptempo songs with high energy music videos. 

Archived