Perez Hilton: Can Britney Spears Keep Lip-Synching In Her 40s And 50s?

IconicShow

4 minutes ago, JJones12992 said:

Saying she's "desteted" is a bit much sweetheart. No she's not as popular as she was but the majority of people don't actively hate her :wtfdidusay:

Artistically, she is detested by the new generation. Go see the comment sections of the BBMAs, VMAs, Carpool Karaoke, etc.

Personally, she isn't detested but she's not exactly loved either.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Pedro Dantas said:

Artistically, she is detested by the new generation. Go see the comment sections of the BBMAs, VMAs, Carpool Karaoke, etc.

Personally, she isn't detested but she's not exactly loved either,

People are always extra in the comment sections. And, to me they don't represent everyone :snapney: I understand what you're saying but people are gonna kiss her *** one day, so meh

1 hour ago, Бри́тни Спирс said:

What in Heaven are u smoking?

Those are entirely different situations. You talk as if Britney is trying to "get free" from the c-ship and she tries to say that through her music when she actually seems to be OK with it. In fact, FF was not even her concept to begin with. So she was playing the "independet woman" role just because she was told so and that makes it even more ironic.  The woman is nothing more than a puppet in the music industry, yet you bring up independence. She's never been fully in control of basically nothing. 

Besides, all this "female empowering" stuff in the music indusrty is pretty stupid. It's so ironic how women embrace these ****** images so easily while they're, in reality, doing nothing more than selling their bodies. And don't get me started on feminism, which has come to an abnormally ridiculous point, and the music industry. 

I count more than 3 statements in here which I could debate for hours, therefore I'm not gonna bother.

however, you're entitled to your opinion. It's members like us that keep forums like this alive :wooney:

13 minutes ago, JJones12992 said:

People are always extra in the comment sections. And, to me they don't represent everyone :snapney:I understand what you're saying but people are gonna kiss her *** one day, so meh

I'm not sure about that. No doubt people will miss Britney when she goes away but I think lip synching, dancing badly and stiffly, the vocal leaks, X-Factor, not getting hits anymore and all that stuff have done too much damage to her legacy. Everything post-2009 has been a mess in Britney's career. She needs to fix her legacy and reputation ASAP because (artistic) respect from the GP is very important. She needs to grow artistically, sing live in her original voice and other stuff to save her career because, at the moment, she is only living of her old hits.

6 minutes ago, Pedro Dantas said:

I'm not sure about that. No doubt people will miss Britney when she goes away but I think lip synching, dancing badly and stiffly, the vocal leaks, X-Factor, not getting hits anymore and all that stuff have done too much damage to her legacy. Everything post-2009 has been a mess in Britney's career. She needs to fix her legacy and reputation ASAP because (artistic) respect from the GP is very important.

Post-2009?! Circus was cute and all, but the head shaving image was not erased by the era. Britney's public image has been trash since Chaotic and her dancing has been viewed as less than subpar starting w 2007 VMAs. 

On 16/4/2017 at 10:17 AM, Pedro Dantas said:

No, she can't. Lipsynching to CD vocals is, in my opinion, unacceptable. It's even worse when you just walk and wave your arms in fugly costumes.

Also, why the **** does she bother to bring a head mic? Who is she trying to fool? :nyheadache:

If she didnt use it she wouldnt be able to say Hi Vegas, Now help me count to three, Now let's break the motherfckin ice, lets bring someone on stage, and goodnight everybody. :staysalty:

4 minutes ago, ITZFFGL said:

Post-2009?! Circus was cute and all, but the head shaving image was not erased by the era. Britney's public image has been trash since Chaotic and her dancing has been viewed as less than subpar starting w 2007 VMAs. 

At least in 2009 they could come up with a cohesive theme fo an album. But, you're right, Britney's reputation has been damaged since the Justin breakup and was only made worst by the Vegas marriage, K-Fed marriage, white trash candids, Chaotic, divorce, partying with Paris, head shave, the trips to rehab, the VMA performance ans so much more.

People bashed her for lipping even when her visuals and dancing were top notch but it was okay because no matter who you are there will be something about you that people hate on. Now its even more ridiculous because she doesn't even do prerecorded vocals,her costumes and hair are are a hot mess, and don't even get me started on the choreography. She hasn't grown as an artist, she sounds very detached from her music when she talks about her her new work so any credibility as an artist or creator isn't there, she definitely isn't respected as a singer, and now she doesn't put on amazing shows. The lip synching wouldn't really be any more of a problem than it used to be if everything else weren't so bad. I mean she will always have a little group of people who will wanna see Britney spears no matter what but if she doesn't improve drastically I don't see her selling enough tickets to have a big tour or residency when she's 50. And she's already doing the nostalgia thing what's she gonna do, keep going on awards shows every couple years doing a medley of her old hits? That will be BEYOND stale soon.

19 hours ago, Arckangel said:

Damn she looks good. But not sure what this video is proving?  Im a HUGE Janet fan, but she is lipping(to great pre-recorded vocals) but if you look at any other videos from the tour and compare them to this, it is the same vocal track. No vocal difference at all. She sounds like same on each night of the tour. No singer who sings live sounds exactly the same every night.

Just look here:

This is in Japan. Same vocal. Same pauses. Janet lipped it. Impressive pre-recorded vocal. Beyonce & Janet must have the same sound person. 

On 4/18/2017 at 5:07 PM, JJones12992 said:

Janet is still a good dancer and everything but... :nonono:

Janet def gave(hell still does) Britney a run for her money in the dance department. Britney has never done anything in her entire career as complex/difficult as "Rhythm Nation" "Please principle"(which is a SOLO dance video...something britney has never done), "If", Miss you much" or "Scream" breakdown. Janet has always, by far, been a better dancer than Britney, Then and Now. True tea. Brinny came in a close 2nd during her prime. Britney probably could have been on Janet's level if she continued to push herself after the "In The Zone" Era..

5 minutes ago, OutofKontrol said:

Janet def gave(hell still does) Britney a run for her money in the dance department. Britney has never done anything in her entire career as complex/difficult as "Rhythm Nation" "Please principle"(which is a SOLO dance video...something britney has never done), "If", Miss you much" or "Scream" breakdown. Janet has always, by far, been a better dancer than Britney, Then and Now. True tea. Brinny came in a close 2nd during her prime. Britney probably could have been on Janet's level if she continued to push herself after the "In The Zone" Era..

Yeah. Britney fans shouldn't be dissing Janet Jackson.  It's hardly done with Madonna and Britney easily owes as much to Janet as she does Madonna.  After all, Britney and her team were the ones who hired Janet's choreographers and/or dancers for her most iconic music videos/best dance routines.

But yes, Jlo, Britney, Beyonce were not on Janet's level.

Why should we discuss any **** Perez says ? 

He was used as Britney's intro at one point,that was his time to shine,let's keep supporting the queen and move the **** on from shading her.

If we are fans let's act like it,if you're going to **** on Britney as a fan at least consider what she could  do because if you're going to agree with anyone it should not be Perez. :meltdown:

On 16/4/2017 at 3:05 PM, BoyToySoldier said:

It's already stale. If she's not going to be singing live, she needs to go all out with the dancing and the visuals.

Instead she's up there in these tacky leotards with middle school hip hop dance recital choreo and the only good prop is the FF guitar.

It's starting to look like a parody of Britney Spears. I really hope B10 will be a re-invention and she can find a creative spark and have a cohesive era with a theme again.

Or else, she's pretty much done... and I'd hate to see that happen because I know what she's capable of delivering.

I love you

Guest Arckangel
On 19/04/2017 at 11:53 PM, OutofKontrol said:

Damn she looks good. But not sure what this video is proving?  Im a HUGE Janet fan, but she is lipping(to great pre-recorded vocals) but if you look at any other videos from the tour and compare them to this, it is the same vocal track. No vocal difference at all. She sounds like same on each night of the tour. No singer who sings live sounds exactly the same every night.

Just look here:

This is in Japan. Same vocal. Same pauses. Janet lipped it. Impressive pre-recorded vocal. Beyonce & Janet must have the same sound person. 

Here's another performance. If you read the comments, you'll see listeners and fans argue over whether it's live or not. lol

Archived