Perez Hilton: Can Britney Spears Keep Lip-Synching In Her 40s And 50s?

IconicShow

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's already stale. If she's not going to be singing live, she needs to go all out with the dancing and the visuals.

Instead she's up there in these tacky leotards with middle school hip hop dance recital choreo and the only good prop is the FF guitar.

It's starting to look like a parody of Britney Spears. I really hope B10 will be a re-invention and she can find a creative spark and have a cohesive era with a theme again.

Or else, she's pretty much done... and I'd hate to see that happen because I know what she's capable of delivering.

1 minute ago, BoyToySoldier said:

It's already stale. If she's not going to be singing live, she needs to go all out with the dancing and the visuals.

Instead she's up there in these tacky leotards with middle school hip hop dance recital choreo and the only good prop is the FF guitar.

It's starting to look like a parody of Britney Spears. I really hope B10 will be a re-invention and she can find a creative spark and have a cohesive era with a theme again.

Or else, she's pretty much done... and I'd hate to see that happen because I know what she's capable of delivering.

Nothing will change, Britney's been doing this since the Circus tour. Although the show wasn't bad she didn't sing live much, from then on her live vocals have vanished.

So has the harder choreography and drive on stage to give her all.

We either accept Britney for what she's doing or find other artists to stan for.

7 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

This. I'm both embarrased and kind of happy, that this is something people are paying attention to, with Brit's mew somewhat of a drive maybe she'll step it up.

like you said, she is capable of delivering shows better than any current artist if she puts her *** in gear, she's just naturally gifted, she needs to use that gift tho

The funny thing is if she was to sing live and sound horrible our first reaction would be "what is she doing, this is embarassing"...

She needs to stick to making great albums with great visuals and touring. Vegas is such a small venue and is not made for an artist to lipsync. With prerecorded vocals and her singing live in certain parts of the song (this could be choreographed so she knows which parts to sing) all this lipsyncing drama would die down and she would be more respected. 

If she isnt going to do this then she should honestly just retire. Its like building a business for most of your life and purposely sabotaging it, what is the point? 

Does she want to end her career an icon or a joke :otears:

1 minute ago, IconicShow said:

Nothing will change, Britney's been doing this since the Circus tour. Although the show wasn't bad she didn't sing live much, from then on her live vocals have vanished.

So has the harder choreography and drive on stage to give her all.

We either accept Britney for what she's doing or find other artists to stan for.

Well, if you're prepared to stan for a glorified drag act of Britney Spears, go ahead.

Nothing will get me away from buying or supporting her new music (unless she starts delivering Britney Jean levels of generic again)... but in this current state, I wouldn't buy a ticket for a tour. I wouldn't support a SuperBowl Halftime Show. I wouldn't get up early like I did for all those other morning shows to watch her perform.

I'm tired of the lazy walking, the skipping, the moving your arms but never your legs, etc.

The reason the GP is starting to trash her so much (more than this fanbase does honestly, go look at the comment section for her VMA performance) is because Britney set such a high bar for herself from 1999-2004. Nobody who was popular at the time could compete with that performer and the star magnitude she radiated.

With every hyped up performance it gets harder and harder to sit there and stomach your favorite artist deliver an average performance and then be torn to pieces by everyone that was expecting her to do better, because SHE CAN DO BETTER.

We get teased and dissapointed so much as a fanbase. All of those scrapped choreographies and music videos, it really pisses me off. Because I sit there and wonder... what was wrong with this?

2 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Well, if you're prepared to stan for a glorified drag act of Britney Spears, go ahead.

Nothing will get me away from buying or supporting her new music (unless she starts delivering Britney Jean levels of generic again)... but in this current state, I wouldn't buy a ticket for a tour. I wouldn't support a SuperBowl Halftime Show. I wouldn't get up early like I did for all those other morning shows to watch her perform.

I'm tired of the lazy walking, the skipping, the moving your arms but never your legs, etc.

The reason the GP is starting to trash her so much (more than this fanbase does honestly, go look at the comment section for her VMA performance) is because Britney set such a high bar for herself from 1999-2004. Nobody who was popular at the time could compete with that performer and the star magnitude she radiated.

With every hyped up performance it gets harder and harder to sit there and stomach your favorite artist deliver an average performance and then be torn to pieces by everyone that was expecting her to do better, because SHE CAN DO BETTER.

We get teased and dissapointed so much as a fanbase. All of those scrapped choreographies and music videos, it really pisses me off. Because I sit there and wonder... what was wrong with this?

Yeah I don't ever stay up all night waiting for a video premiere or song release or overseas tv performance. I just watch it online when I get up.

It would benefit her to take a break, slowly work on a new album and even if she doesn't tour for the album she could just promote the album more.

Via better videos, and more tv performances.

7 minutes ago, Mayenaise said:

The funny thing is if she was to sing live and sound horrible our first reaction would be "what is she doing, this is embarassing"...

I disagree. If she got vocal lessions and did it well, in my opinion, it would help her reputation with the GP. When Kesha performed at the BBMAs everyone was surprised that she was actually a good singer and praised her for it.

EDIT: I didn't notice the "if it sounded horrible" part. Forget about this.

Archived