Perez Hilton: Can Britney Spears Keep Lip-Synching In Her 40s And 50s?

IconicShow

3 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Well, if you're prepared to stan for a glorified drag act of Britney Spears, go ahead.

Nothing will get me away from buying or supporting her new music (unless she starts delivering Britney Jean levels of generic again)... but in this current state, I wouldn't buy a ticket for a tour. I wouldn't support a SuperBowl Halftime Show. I wouldn't get up early like I did for all those other morning shows to watch her perform.

I'm tired of the lazy walking, the skipping, the moving your arms but never your legs, etc.

The reason the GP is starting to trash her so much (more than this fanbase does honestly, go look at the comment section for her VMA performance) is because Britney set such a high bar for herself from 1999-2004. Nobody who was popular at the time could compete with that performer and the star magnitude she radiated.

With every hyped up performance it gets harder and harder to sit there and stomach your favorite artist deliver an average performance and then be torn to pieces by everyone that was expecting her to do better, because SHE CAN DO BETTER.

We get teased and dissapointed so much as a fanbase. All of those scrapped choreographies and music videos, it really pisses me off. Because I sit there and wonder... what was wrong with this?

Britney was criticize for lipsynching back in her prime and it not like people were praising her much in her prime

I lived through the prime

At this point, it like a damn if you, damn if you don't for Britney

They would  still criticize her if she sang live anyways

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Cappycorn87 said:

Britney was criticize for lipsynching back in her prime and it not like people were praising her much in her prime

I agree no matter what she does she will face criticism. The issue is the old tracks shes lipping too as well as some are so robotic and auto tuned it makes it more obvious.

I think when she started she was facing lipping rumors and a backlash for how she dressed and the **** image.

The difference is she showed passion, drive, stepped up her game as her albums and performances went on.

Now she won't sing a ballad live or do anything innovative.

1 minute ago, IconicShow said:

I agree no matter what she does she will face criticism. The issue is the old tracks shes lipping too as well as some are so robotic and auto tuned it makes it more obvious.

I think when she started she was facing lipping rumors and a backlash for how she dressed and the **** image.

The difference is she showed passion, drive, stepped up her game as her albums and performances went on.

Now she won't sing a ballad live or do anything innovative.

I agree to showing more interest

5 minutes ago, Cappycorn87 said:

People did criticize her for lipping but nobody paid for a Britney Spears ticket to watch her sing live. People went for the high energy choreography and amazing visuals.

And now what does she offer? I'm really not trying to be mean here but Britney aside, would you actually pay 90-200 dollars to watch someone not only lipsync to 20 year old vocals but be stiff and walk around on stage? Because this is essentially what POM has become.

I know it's ending this year, but that doesn't mean she gets to not give a **** for the next 5 months until it's over. Not everyone is drunk at your show Britney, remember that you still have fans from all around that go to Vegas just to see you and you're not going to try harder?

It's literally PAINFUL to watch the woman that is capable of giving stuff like this

go on LIVE TV and serve stuff like this

http://freegifmaker.me/img/res/1/4/7/3/9/0/14739020761254948.gif?1473902092

19 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Well, if you're prepared to stan for a glorified drag act of Britney Spears, go ahead.

Nothing will get me away from buying or supporting her new music (unless she starts delivering Britney Jean levels of generic again)... but in this current state, I wouldn't buy a ticket for a tour. I wouldn't support a SuperBowl Halftime Show. I wouldn't get up early like I did for all those other morning shows to watch her perform.

I'm tired of the lazy walking, the skipping, the moving your arms but never your legs, etc.

The reason the GP is starting to trash her so much (more than this fanbase does honestly, go look at the comment section for her VMA performance) is because Britney set such a high bar for herself from 1999-2004. Nobody who was popular at the time could compete with that performer and the star magnitude she radiated.

With every hyped up performance it gets harder and harder to sit there and stomach your favorite artist deliver an average performance and then be torn to pieces by everyone that was expecting her to do better, because SHE CAN DO BETTER.

We get teased and dissapointed so much as a fanbase. All of those scrapped choreographies and music videos, it really pisses me off. Because I sit there and wonder... what was wrong with this?

THIS 

It's painful to see her humiliate herself in live TV and it's even harder to watch her fans trying to defend it.

2 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

People did criticize her for lipping but nobody paid for a Britney Spears ticket to watch her sing live. People went for the high energy choreography and amazing visuals.

And now what does she offer? I'm really not trying to be mean here but Britney aside, would you actually pay 90-200 dollars to watch someone not only lipsync to 20 year old vocals but be stiff and walk around on stage? Because this is essentially what POM has become.

I know it's ending this year, but that doesn't mean she gets to not give a **** for the next 5 months until it's over. Not everyone is drunk at your show Britney, remember that you still have fans from all around that go to Vegas just to see you and you're not going to try harder?

It's literally PAINFUL to watch the woman that is capable of giving stuff like this

I would not use a mid tempo song that does not need that kind of choreography to an uptempo song

12 minutes ago, Larry Stylinson said:

don't pay dust to the iconic GH:MP era :lessons:  we've had three!

FOUR if you want to count the iconic xfactorney-will.i.amNey scream&shout + tiktikboom remix impacto! :queenflopga: 

A GH era with 2 singles and 3 new songs? Amazing. (2004)

A GH era with 1 single and 1 new song? Eh. (2009)

:forkit:

Britney's time to dance is now. It will be a little bit awkward when she is 40'  keep trying to be **** and some other stuff, she will have to sing (and have hits) or she will be catapulted to the most random and who category. 

I don't think her dancing skills will get better because every time she is older and older but if she can do something decent at that point then she can mix it, dancing and singing. 

Of course she will, if Britney actually gave a **** about her career she would take singing lessons and at least sing live when shes at award shows.

i've said it a million times. her lipsyncing is the main reason a lot of ppl don't take her seriously anymore/don't pay attention to her music.

after all the drama in recent years regarding her vocals (constant lipping everywhere, myah jean, alien leak, "britneys real voice" youtube videos etc), it comes to no surprise that people are questioning her abilities as an artist. she needs live vocals for a reinvention - it's more crucial than the dancing at this point.

1 hour ago, BoyToySoldier said:

I dont understand the hype around this BTI choreo. Not really that amazing 

Archived