Britney May Take An Extended Break From Piece Of Me In 2018

Jordan Miller

• Leader
britney-spears-apple-music-festival-vide

Either really good news, or really bad news.

2017 is totally booked for Britney Spears. She has shows in Vegas scheduled through May, then will tour overseas. As it stands, Brit has performances at the SM Mall of Asia Arena in Manila, the capital of the Philippines, on June 15, one at Hayarkon Park in Tel Aviv, Israel, on July 3 and three in Japan. It's rumored she'll announce shows in Argentina, Brazil, France, England and Australia in the coming months. After the summer tour, Brit heads back to Vegas for a couple more months, but then? Who knows.

Her manager, Larry Rudolph, told the Las Vegas Review Journal once her contract ends on Dec. 31 with Planet Hollywood, she may take an "extended break." The same report suggests she could use that time to completely revamp the show, including a name change, and re-launch during the 20th anniversary of "Baby One More Time" in 2018. There's chatter she could relocate to the Park Theater at Monte Carlo.

Just last week, a report suggested Britney would definitely stay in the desert for at least several more years. A source told the RJ “it’s 99.9 percent certain that she will stay in Las Vegas.”

As much as we love Britney regularly performing in Vegas, it's time to spice things up. Perhaps a hiatus will inspire the pop star to continue traveling the globe and finish her tenth studio album. Or revitalize Piece Of Me. Either way, it's a safe bet to assume an "extended break" doesn't mean she won't be getting to work, *****.

Leave a comment and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram and subscribe to our YouTube channel.
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Britney Spears may take an extended break after her current Planet Hollywood contract closes on Dec. 31, her manager Larry Rudolph said Tuesday

Such a pause could pave the way for a possible relaunch (and even re-titling) of her “Piece of Me” production. Spears opened the show in December 2013. Next year marks the 20th anniversary of her mega-hit “Baby One More Time,” which could serve as a handy theme for a revamp.

https://www.reviewjournal.com/entertainment/entertainment-columns/kats/a-brit-break-might-factor-in-to-spears-return-to-axis/ :umomg:

Yes because she has been worked to death over the years. Performing 3 times a week for a month and two months off is exhausting. :plzexplain:

Honestly if POM ends that's all I ask but honestly I don't see any show stuck in the theater being good. If so they would have changed it now. 

3 minutes ago, Spearsfan said:

Yes because she has been worked to death over the years. Performing 3 times a week for a month and two months off is exhausting. :plzexplain:

Honestly if POM ends that's all I ask but honestly I don't see any show stuck in the theater being good. If so they would have changed it now. 

I think they wanna wait to see how Britney's gonna feel about touring again. I don't think they're gonna extend Vegas now.

And I DO believe they're planning things for next year. I really hope she gets extremely satisfied when touring, that's why I'm praying here for her shows to sold out.

3 minutes ago, OutrageousMoi said:

I think they wanna wait to see how Britney's gonna feel about touring again. I don't think they're gonna extend Vegas now.

And I DO believe they're planning things for next year. I really hope she gets extremely satisfied when touring, that's why I'm praying here for her shows to sold out.

I agree.

I think the festivals were to test the waters, and now this year they are moving to the next step with touring. If Britney likes touring again then they might not extend POM.

5 minutes ago, OutrageousMoi said:

The thing is they should sell out over in other countries because some of those places haven't  had Britney since 2002 Britney. Which actually could be terrible for the future if she doesn't step it up a bit.

They should have improved and went hard for Glory because she doesn't have enough power to sell a US tour here unless she only does huge areas. 

2 minutes ago, Disney Princess said:

I agree.

I think the festivals were to test the waters, and now this year they are moving to the next step with touring. If Britney likes touring again then they might not extend POM.

Exactly. I just want her to feel motivated again.

And I think there's a huge possibility of her doing the Superbowl next year btw. If so, touring this year will be awesome for her to feel more confident.

4 minutes ago, Spearsfan said:

The thing is they should sell out over in other countries because some of those places haven't  had Britney since 2002 Britney. Which actually could be terrible for the future if she doesn't step it up a bit.

They should have improved and went hard for Glory because she doesn't have enough power to sell a US tour here unless she only does huge areas. 

I agree. But other places like South America have huge fanbases and I'm pretty should she would sell out in those places too. I don't know about the U.S though, you really think she couldn't sell out in the U.S?

3 minutes ago, OutrageousMoi said:

Exactly. I just want her to feel motivated again.

And I think there's a huge possibility of her doing the Superbowl next year btw. If so, touring this year will be awesome for her to feel more confident.

I agree. But other places like South America have huge fanbases and I'm pretty should she would sell out in those places too. I don't know about the U.S though, you really think she couldn't sell out in the U.S?

I don't because ppl know how she is after FFT and having no huge hits in awhile. Main cities would probably be the only options. 

Besides older acts that have a strong base and known as huge performers don't sell good ticket wise after flop albums. I can't even think of one tbh. 

4 minutes ago, Spearsfan said:

I don't because ppl know how she is after FFT and having no huge hits in awhile. Main cities would probably be the only options. 

Besides older acts that have a strong base and known as huge performers don't sell good ticket wise after flop albums. I can't even think of one tbh. 

I think she needs to invest in festivals in the U.S. after touring this summer. And also performs at the BBMA and VMA this year. She needs to reinforce her visibility in the U.S

5 minutes ago, MissSpearsSaysSo said:

I have a good feeling about all of this. It could be a huge opportunity for her to get back out there is a major way. I hope that POM isn't extended, though i would not be surprised if it were. 

Me too, sis. I never thought I'd be seeing Britney leaving Vegas for a world tour. It's like a dream coming true.

7 minutes ago, OutrageousMoi said:

I think she needs to invest in festivals in the U.S. after touring this summer. And also performs at the BBMA and VMA this year. She needs to reinforce her visibility in the U.S

Me too, sis. I never thought I'd be seeing Britney leaving Vegas for a world tour. It's like a dream coming true.

She did do festivals. Which is where I saw her at on the FFT. It hurt her image more than benefit. I don't think POM performances would help. 

She needs to do promo songs this year and try to create some hype. It wouldn't hurt to perform some on Ellen etc.

They need to start putting work and quality into things or I truly don't know where for her career will go.

Britney Spears: 20 Pieces Of Me 

After wrapping her Piece Of Me residency at the end of 2017 (after 4 years and hundreds of shows) Britney will return to Vegas in Summer 2018 with a brand new show entitled 20 Pieces Of Me - it'll see some parts of her original residency remain, but also serve as a celebration of BOMT's 20th anniversary. To accompany the residency, Spears will release another greatest hits package entitled "20 Pieces Of Me" including her biggest hit singles and some recent ones too.  Spears explained, "We revamped the show at the start of 2016 so it's still quite fresh for me so maybe 90% of the show will stay the same, but there will be some new songs added to keep things fresh." 

New set list:

Work *****

Womanizer

3 (back!)

Everytime

BOMT

Oops I Did It Again

Boys

(You Drive Me) Crazy

Stronger

MATM

Gimme More

Toxic

Slave 4 U

Circus

Perfume (back!)

Do Somethin'

Slumber Party

Make Me

Hold It Against Me (new!)

Till The World Ends

:gloria: 

2 minutes ago, Spearsfan said:

She did do festivals. Which is where I saw her at on the FFT. It hurt her image more than benefit. I don't think POM performances would help. 

So needs to do promo songs this year and try to create some hype. It wouldn't hurt to perform some on Ellen etc.

They need to start putting work and quality into things or I truly don't know where for her career will go.

But the FF era was pretty tragic when it comes to promo/festivals. Even the show itself. But I mean, Ariana Grande performed at so many festivals last year, performed at many Award shows, I think the festivals' impact is real. Why would Team B want her to do festivals if it wasn't good for her visibility? For this year, I'm really hoping for a Glory medley at the BBMA's, but I doubt this would happen.

She really needs to invest in production. I hate comparing artists, but Beyonce's shows are so well produced and perfect that it's probably the only reason why people think she's the queen of everything. She needs to invest in her performances like she did for the Circus tour.

2 minutes ago, OutrageousMoi said:

But the FF era was pretty tragic when it comes to promo/festivals. Even the show itself. But I mean, Ariana Grande performed at so many festivals last year, performed at many Award shows, I think the festivals' impact is real. Why would Team B want her to do festivals if it wasn't good for her visibility? For this year, I'm really hoping for a Glory medley at the BBMA's, but I doubt this would happen.

She really needs to invest in production. I hate comparing artists, but Beyonce's shows are so well produced and perfect that it's probably the only reason why people think she's the queen of everything. She needs to invest in her performances like she did for the Circus tour.

sis, we are scared if she will never come back and you want to invest in production? :otears:

Archived