Britney Spears: Unpopular Opinions

DignifiedLove

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2000 VMAs is overrated??? Name one of the current pop-tarts that could even come close to such a performance. Name anything better or more entertaining or more energetic. 

That **** was fire and I will not be told otherwise 

:beynah:

Whats overrated was the BBMAs 2016  and also make me in general.

:nothavingit: 

31 minutes ago, CrAzAY said:

2000 VMAs is overrated??? Name one of the current pop-tarts that could even come close to such a performance. Name anything better or more entertaining or more energetic. 

That **** was fire and I will not be told otherwise 

:beynah:

Whats overrated was the BBMAs 2016  and also make me in general.

:nothavingit: 

You had me up till the last part. For today's standards, the 2016 performance and MM was hype af:groovin:

Mine

1. I couldn't care less about the scrapped Make me video. Thank God it was.

2. Femme Fatale is fine and better than Blackout.

3. Her Vegas outfits are horrible. I miss when some sort of pants/shorts still covered her ***.

4. In the zone era was the best era. It was the most fun era to be a fan of her, it kept on giving until federline happened.

5. Couldn't care less about her lipsynching and couldn't care less if she would ever change it. It's been a topic since she first came out in 1999, and frankly idk why it's still even a topic. (But I guess newer fans haven't had decades of those discussions so it's still new and shocking to them)

6. I don't want her to do Superbowl and hope she never does it. 

A lot of those aren't even unpopular. Like...liking cry me a river. Have ya all not been there when it was released, it was huge, every freakin Britney fan loved it and $hit on Britney inclusive lol. 

3 minutes ago, PoshSpice said:

. Couldn't care less about her lipsynching and couldn't care less if she would ever change it. It's been a topic since she first came out in 1999, and frankly idk why it's still even a topic. (But I guess newer fans haven't had decades of those discussions so it's still new and shocking to them)

Honestly tho, I became a stan in 2016 and this was never an issue to me 

On 12/4/2018 at 5:34 AM, MissKnee said:

Unpopular Opinions
- Oops (the album) is trash, I prefer BJ:mcorangu: 

- Glory is Britney's best album so far fight me idc :lemmetellu:

- I like her new nose better 

- 2016ney>>>>>>Circusney

- I lowkey like 2016POM better than the OHT

- Britney>ITZ

-Oops is my least fave of HER albums. Brotnak Jeanellow is just a ugly piece of trash that should be erased and forgotten forever. And she's just a featured background vocalist in it, so...

-Glory is top 3 to me with FF and Britney

-I like her "new" nose. The real problems with her face are the lips, the lack of hairbrows and her orange looking skin

-Yes! 2016ney > Circusney.  Circusney was looking AMAZING but nothing else

-NO.

-Yes!

8 hours ago, PoshSpice said:

Mine

1. I couldn't care less about the scrapped Make me video. Thank God it was.

2. Femme Fatale is fine and better than Blackout.

3. Her Vegas outfits are horrible. I miss when some sort of pants/shorts still covered her ***.

4. In the zone era was the best era. It was the most fun era to be a fan of her, it kept on giving until federline happened.

5. Couldn't care less about her lipsynching and couldn't care less if she would ever change it. It's been a topic since she first came out in 1999, and frankly idk why it's still even a topic. (But I guess newer fans haven't had decades of those discussions so it's still new and shocking to them)

6. I don't want her to do Superbowl and hope she never does it. 

A lot of those aren't even unpopular. Like...liking cry me a river. Have ya all not been there when it was released, it was huge, every freakin Britney fan loved it and $hit on Britney inclusive lol. 

1. Uhm. The official video is just awful. I think the original video would have been a hot mess though, but she looked literally 99% primeney, so I really wish to see every scene in hd quality.

2. Blackout is amazing, but I like FF better also.

3 - 4 That's not unpopular though, we all agree!

5. . I've been a fan since 2000 and it's never been a major issue as long as she sang at least 1-2 songs live per concert (like the onyx hotel) or prerecorded the whole thing (like oops). At least she could use prerecorded vocal track

6. Same. If she was to do the Superbowl she would have to look insanely good, prerecord the whole thing and train her dancing like A LOT. I'm absolutely NOT in for a 2016 Vma's or BBma's style performance at the superbowl, she would be dragged to hell.

1. Don’t care much for either make me video. The original looked trashy aside from some parts

2. inside out and breathe on me are fan favorites. I love them too but I fell both would’ve flopped as singles. A **** song is all but the GP was waiting for back in 2004

3. In the zone is a better era than album. Aside from 4 standout tracks I don’t feel the rest is better than most of her other albums. Era was great though

4. Oops is one of her strongest albums even though the sounds is not popular anymore it was probably her best album released at the time

5. 911 sucks lol

6. Rock Boy is actually a good song and way better than Disney track Rock Me In

7. Tom’s Diner is her best cover

8. Anyone who prefers Bj over another Britney album isn’t really a Britney fan in my eyes ;p

9. Don’t care Britney lip syncs at all but I do enjoy her live performances especially ballads

10 dwad was way better than onyx. Dwad is way better than most concerts in general.

-I think Britney, back then, could be irresponsible sometimes. I don't hold it against her, because that's the past. And while I do believe

she was suffering from mental health stuff (most of it was, like 70/80%?), I also believe part of it was a youthful immaturity.

-Me Against The Music wasn't good for her career. And I'm neutral about Madonna too.

On 3/31/2017 at 6:15 AM, DignifiedLove said:

I'm probably gonna get a lot of flack but I was bored and thought that I post some of my unpopular opinions. I know I'm a little late to the party but if you haven't already, feel free to post yours below as well. :arianabye:

- "Clumsy" isn't as bad as some of you make it seem. It has potential to be a single over many other tracks.

- "3" is the most overrated song among her stanbase. Generic, auto-tuned trash and probably one of her worst singles. Let's keep it in 2009 where it belongs. 

- "Glory" is overhyped and isn't anywhere near her Holy Trinity. Half of the album is filler and none of the remaining tracks will succeed as singles hence why they're not releasing anything anymore. 

- "Britney" is SEVERELY underrated among her stanbase and doesn't get the respect it deserves. It's classic Britney. 

- "Work *****" is awful and the video is a massive dent in her lead single videography. It's just all over the place.

- Other than "3", "Radar" is another one of her overrated songs. The excessive synthesizers absolutely destroy the song.

- "Femme Fatale" had some amazing music videos that are her most underrated among her stanbase.

- "Boys (Co-Ed Remix)" is FIRE. She killed it and her collabing with Pharrell for a remix back in 02 was the perfect exposure she needed to stray away from her bubblegum image.

- As corny "I'm Not A Girl" is, it's actually a beautifully composed coming-of-age song and was well-received by critics. I love "NAG, NYAW" so much. 

- In retrospective, "Slumber Party" music video is overhyped and probably her most overrated music video this decade. We were just so thirsty for anything after "PG" and "Make Me..." that the Army ate it up. 

- "Circus" album vocals irk me and she sounds half asleep throughout the majority of the album. It ruins the album for me.

- "Womanizer" was not a good choice for a comeback single. THE VIDEO IS AMAZING but she needed a song to subliminally capitalize her return. The GP/fans were just so eager for a comeback that they just ate it up.

- 'Neyde' is tired, old, and was never really funny to begin with.  

- The "Femme Fatale Tour" was more entertaning than Walkcusney

- The GP is not here for another Britney album where its main focus is on *** and making love. This isn't 2004 anymore and I wish her team would make note of that for B10.  

- Constant lip-syncing has damaged Britney's reputation as a serious singer/songwriter and has done a lot of harm to her career.

- I'm glad Britney performed at the BBMA's but the transitions between the songs was messy and she looked uncomfortable for a majority of the performance. 

- "Mood Ring" sounds unfinished which really destroys the song for me. 

- G-Eazy ruins "Make Me..." for me. Nothing but a C-list quack who ruined the song for a lot of the GP, thus further diminishing her star power. She deserved to have someone more respected and experienced for a lead single like that.

- Even though it's a cover, "I'll Never Stop Loving You" is Britney's most underrated song. Second is probably "When Your Eyes Say It."

- "Toxic" is one of Britney's best songs and I'm tired of her stanbase calling it overrated. There is a reason why it made all the decade-end lists naming it one of the best pop songs. It's rated good because it's a FACT.

- "Blackout" should have included more personal, meaningful work a la "Let Go", "Baby Boy", "Just Yesterday", etc.

- "If U Seek Amy" music video is overrated and deserved better visuals. 

- "Crossroads" isn't that bad of a film. It's actually very comforting to watch and is nothing more than a gift from Britney to her fans during her peak. 

- "Me Against the Music" is an amazing track and an incredible lead single for ITZ. 

- Britney needs a latin pop inspired song. Closest thing we have our the  verses in "BTMYH" and the spanish guitar in "WAYK". 

- Britney needed more Y2K-aesthetic inspired music videos that capitalized on the synthetic or metallic-looking materials, inflatable furniture, moon-boot footwear and alien-inspired hairstyles circa 1998 to 2002.

- Britney's 2000 VMA performance is FLAWLESS, but slightly overrated. She messed up her que at the beginning of "Satisfaction", her hair was a hot mess, and she was standing on that spinning thing for a majority of "Oops" which left her afar from center stage all the way in the back. The ending of the performance was everything though.

- "I Love Rock 'n' Roll" is her sexiest music video. She was literally on fire in that video. 

- "I'm A Slave 4 U" needed a rapper from that time to be featured on the track which not only would have been great exposure for an urban audience, but also because the song starts getting repetitive 2/3 throughout the way. 

- The "OIDIA" plexi glass scene needed better visuals and more special effects. 

- Justin Timberlake was her sexiest boyfriend. 

- "FTBOMBH" was an awful single choice. The song is dull and goes nowhere. "IWBT", "INSLY" >>>>>

- I hate how her label manipulated the "squeaky/baby" tone upon her so early on in her career until it became subconscious to her.  It was cute and all, and catapulted her star quality as an icon but it halted her growth as a serious artist in more ways than you can imagine.

- If Britney wants to gain relevancy again, she needs to reinvent her entire image, sound, and put the lip-syncing away or use pre-recorded vocals. 

- "Tell Me (Am I A Sinner)", "Let Go", and "Dramatic" are Britney's best unreleased songs. 

- "Cry Me A River" is an amazing song.

- While Nigel **** gave her some amazing videos, he is overrated and I wish she worked with Wayne Isham more.

- Britney performs better in pants, even during her prime. She needs to put the leotards away once and for all (even though this is a popular opinion.)

- "What It's Like To Be Me" deserved to be a single. 

These are GREAT unpopular opinions!

- "Clumsy" is an underrated song. It's super-bluesy yet pop and weird. It wouldn't work on radio as a single, but I def appreciate it.
- Glory isn't quite overhyped. I think its one of her best albums. As an adult, it's one of the few albums I can listen to all the way through and get good vibes, but its also lacking in single material. I wouldn't call it filler.
- The 2000 VMA performance in retrospect is a bit unspectacular because it was amazing for a certain time and place only. Britney officially shed her good girl image with that performance. The choreography itself wasn't particularly amazing, but it fit her image and story at the time. It doesn't have the same impact today, and understandably so.
- Not A Girl is a well-produced track, and perfect for coming of age. I actually dig it, still and appreciate it.
- Slave does get dull halfway through....the performance and video really bring that song to life

However

- G-Eazy doesn't ruin Make Me...he elevates it, I think its a natural fit for her to have him as a rapper on her song
- Me Against The Music was a bad single choice and the first fail in her first single release. For her and Madonna's star power at the time, it was def underwhelming, and still is

I hate when people say the original make me was trash and glad it didn't get made fully.  But they don't seem to realize the actual embarrassment that was released to the public is humiliatingly bad. There's no replay factor either with those annoying girls screaming and clapping,  the discount Danny devito, the blinding lights,  the fact Britney was auditioning men for *** basically. Come on,  that's trash. The other could have been better. The raunchiness was a bit over the top but it could have been good for visuals. But she still was auditioning men for *** in the one we got so you can't even complain about trashiness.

She looked absolutely terrible in pretty girls. I don't know what her team is thinking. Its like they all have body dysmorphia when it comes to her (her face in particular). They make her look so old and weird at times or alien and botched in others (see next). They do this almost every time that its disturbing. 

The Kenzo pictures are bad. Her face is terrible in a lot of them. Because they edited them weirdly. Its like when an amateur begins playing with Photoshop and they start playing with the liquify tool too much. She doesn't look like a normal human in a lot of the pictures. This is the same problem as her last perfume ad too.

I fully agree that lucky is an annoying song. I never liked it but oops is one of her best albums. 

I don't understand the hate for Bombastic Love. I love that song so much,  its one of my all time favorites. I prefer it over Cinderella because of the strange Charmed bridge that takes out of the song. 

I think Britney, since her career is nostalgia driven should play it up more if that's just how it's going to be. Call back to old material with similar styled outfits or styles.  If you look back at her popular outfits a lot of them were thrown together fabrics,  sewn together happhazardly, chopped up and embellished clothing. Repurposed garments,  like overprotected has a blouse that looks like the sleeves were cut and it might be worn backwards,  a thong over lather pants in slave,  etc. Those elements would really work in her favorite instead of the same lingerie and leotards that Beyonce made famous and is seriously old now.

G easy was a terrible choice of collab and beyond tacky in the video (both since they didn't bother reshooting him). The vmas crotch grab was ridiculous and it didn't lend anything to the song,  not even in radio play as it was promptly dropped as soon as it came out. 

I think britney's acting in crossroads was really good. Not award winning but not as bad as people say. She was natural and expressive without being over the top like she is now in her acting cameos. 

I wish Britney would have worked with Enrique at the peak of their careers,  I feel like it was a really missed opportunity. 

I, of course,  hope she has a reunion with JT. I'm not expecting romance or anything but a reconciliation,  since they grew up as kids together and I feel like their being in different head spaces now would help them patch up whatever falling out they had. I hope for this sip they don't have to awkwardly avoid one amother for the rest of their lives,  that doesn't say "over it" to me and seems a whole lot weirder than forgiving and forgetting the past to move on and heal fully. 

6 hours ago, Justney said:

I hate when people say the original make me was trash and glad it didn't get made fully.  But they don't seem to realize the actual embarrassment that was released to the public is humiliatingly bad. There's no replay factor either with those annoying girls screaming and clapping,  the discount Danny devito, the blinding lights,  the fact Britney was auditioning men for *** basically. Come on,  that's trash. The other could have been better. The raunchiness was a bit over the top but it could have been good for visuals. But she still was auditioning men for *** in the one we got so you can't even complain about trashiness

I realize the official make me video is bad but that's why I said I care for neither. I mean, Britney is known for being **** just the right amount before it gets trashy. G-Eazy literally f**king Britney in the video is really not something I'm looking for in a Britney video.

Th cage scene looked god though. 

7 hours ago, Justney said:

I hate when people say the original make me was trash and glad it didn't get made fully.  But they don't seem to realize the actual embarrassment that was released to the public is humiliatingly bad. There's no replay factor either with those annoying girls screaming and clapping,  the discount Danny devito, the blinding lights,  the fact Britney was auditioning men for *** basically. Come on,  that's trash. The other could have been better. The raunchiness was a bit over the top but it could have been good for visuals. But she still was auditioning men for *** in the one we got so you can't even complain about trashiness.

She looked absolutely terrible in pretty girls. I don't know what her team is thinking. Its like they all have body dysmorphia when it comes to her (her face in particular). They make her look so old and weird at times or alien and botched in others (see next). They do this almost every time that its disturbing. 

The Kenzo pictures are bad. Her face is terrible in a lot of them. Because they edited them weirdly. Its like when an amateur begins playing with Photoshop and they start playing with the liquify tool too much. She doesn't look like a normal human in a lot of the pictures. This is the same problem as her last perfume ad too.

I fully agree that lucky is an annoying song. I never liked it but oops is one of her best albums. 

I don't understand the hate for Bombastic Love. I love that song so much,  its one of my all time favorites. I prefer it over Cinderella because of the strange Charmed bridge that takes out of the song. 

I think Britney, since her career is nostalgia driven should play it up more if that's just how it's going to be. Call back to old material with similar styled outfits or styles.  If you look back at her popular outfits a lot of them were thrown together fabrics,  sewn together happhazardly, chopped up and embellished clothing. Repurposed garments,  like overprotected has a blouse that looks like the sleeves were cut and it might be worn backwards,  a thong over lather pants in slave,  etc. Those elements would really work in her favorite instead of the same lingerie and leotards that Beyonce made famous and is seriously old now.

G easy was a terrible choice of collab and beyond tacky in the video (both since they didn't bother reshooting him). The vmas crotch grab was ridiculous and it didn't lend anything to the song,  not even in radio play as it was promptly dropped as soon as it came out. 

I think britney's acting in crossroads was really good. Not award winning but not as bad as people say. She was natural and expressive without being over the top like she is now in her acting cameos. 

I wish Britney would have worked with Enrique at the peak of their careers,  I feel like it was a really missed opportunity. 

I, of course,  hope she has a reunion with JT. I'm not expecting romance or anything but a reconciliation,  since they grew up as kids together and I feel like their being in different head spaces now would help them patch up whatever falling out they had. I hope for this sip they don't have to awkwardly avoid one amother for the rest of their lives,  that doesn't say "over it" to me and seems a whole lot weirder than forgiving and forgetting the past to move on and heal fully. 

You lost me at the Lucky bashing.  :cackling: 

By far, one of her best songs and a literal cult classic. 

1 hour ago, DignifiedLove said:

You lost me at the Lucky bashing.  :cackling: 

By far, one of her best songs and a literal cult classic. 

I appreciate it for what it is but I just never liked it personally. I think the video is terrific though. But tbh I'd take 1000 luckys over a lot of her material post blackout. 

2 hours ago, Peter Pan said:

I realize the official make me video is bad but that's why I said I care for neither. I mean, Britney is known for being **** just the right amount before it gets trashy. G-Eazy literally f**king Britney in the video is really not something I'm looking for in a Britney video.

Th cage scene looked god though. 

I agree,   g easy made the whole project trashy imo. It started with the collab,  intensified with his bit in the video and ended with the vmas.  

I was living for that cage scene. I'm sad that it was all cut for the cringe compilation of a video we did get. :yasqueen:

Archived