Britney Spears: Unpopular Opinions

DignifiedLove

Guest $elfish
8 hours ago, DignifiedLove said:

Sis. I really hope you're trolling. :nobitch:

1. PG is AWFUL.

2. How can you say that about the "Britney" album when it has "I Run Away", "WILTBM", and so many other gems. 

3. BOMT also has some underrated gems and she SERVES vocals. 

4. How in the world is Oops you least favorite Britney album? That's usually regarded as her best, is quintessential Britney and the blueprint for pop music in the 2000's. MESS. MESS. MESS. Oh, and don't you dare trash "Lucky" again. :nobitch:

5. Oh, and Britney has a wide array of unreleased gems that are actually amazing, not just those two that you included. :nobitch:

Rightfully speaking, you should have your stan card revoked. I will not tolerate BOMT, Oops, AND Britney slander, as well as PG praise in one post. :nobitch:

Some of these I was trolling but I do dislike lucky:riha: 

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, DignifiedLove said:

- "Clumsy" isn't as bad as some of you make it seem. It has potential to be a single over many other tracks.
The fact that it could work as a single (it's really radio friendly) doesn't necessarily mean it's good. Its production is awful, vocals are awful, lyrics are awful.

- "3" is the most overrated song among her stanbase. Generic, auto-tuned trash and probably one of her worst singles. Let's keep it in 2009 where it belongs. 
It's an autotuned mess and quite trashy too but its production was really GREAT back when it was released and it wasn't generic at all. It was way better than generic **** like Paty Kerry.

- "Glory" is overhyped and isn't anywhere near her Holy Trinity. Half of the album is filler and none of the remaining tracks will succeed as singles hence why they're not releasing anything anymore. 
It's a really good record. It's just not "powerful" as Blackout or Femme Fatale but it contains decent vocals, decent lyrics, good songs. It's not perfect but after BJ it was really "needed".

- "Britney" is SEVERELY underrated among her stanbase and doesn't get the respect it deserves. It's classic Britney. 
I don't see it as "underrated". It's a great classic Britney record and it always gets recognition.

- "Work *****" is awful and the video is a massive dent in her lead single videography. It's just all over the place.
Work ***** is an AWFUL song (it's not even sung by Britney at all). The video is not bad though, they really tried to make Britney shine (even if her dancing wasn't so good and she wasn't in a great shape like nowadays).

- Other than "3", "Radar" is another one of her overrated songs. The excessive synthesizers absolutely destroy the song.
Radar is not overrated but generally disliked. It has great production, but you're right about the excessive vocal treatment.

- "Femme Fatale" had some amazing music videos that are her most underrated among her stanbase.
FF videos had GREAT production (Criminal wasn't good though, the plot was bad as **** and was overall embarassing), but she looked so dead, sad and stiff on them... I wanna go was the best one, mainly because she had some sparkle back. I hate hiam because she looked really D E A D on it, her dancing was embarassing and so was her facial expression.

- "Boys (Co-Ed Remix)" is FIRE. She killed it and her collabing with Pharrell for a remix back in 02 was the perfect exposure she needed to stray away from her bubblegum image.
I actually prefer the cd version, it has way better production. It still sounds fresh nowadays. The remix failed to have any impact.

- As corny "I'm Not A Girl" is, it's actually a beautifully composed coming-of-age song and was well-received by critics. I love "NAG, NYAW" so much.
Not a girl is cheesy but really sweet, and it was very well received. Its live vocals performances were so good!

- In retrospective, "Slumber Party" music video is overhyped and probably her most overrated music video this decade. We were just so thirsty for anything after "PG" and "Make Me..." that the Army ate it up.
I really like Slumber Party and it's definitely her best video since Womanizer but you kind of have a point. I think it was precisely made in a desperate attempt to erase the "Make Me" fiasco. Hence all the **** scenes and the "dancing". It's a little overrated among the fanbase, but it's a really fun video.

- "Circus" album vocals irk me and she sounds half asleep throughout the majority of the album. It ruins the album for me.
Circus album vocals were fake as ****. They were so "poppish" on purpose and kind of boring.

- "Womanizer" was not a good choice for a comeback single. THE VIDEO IS AMAZING but she needed a song to subliminally capitalize her return. The GP/fans were just so eager for a comeback that they just ate it up.
I think  Womanizer was the best choice. It's not her best song but it was fresh, fun and catchy. She needed something powerful and upbeat to move on from her "dark days".

- 'Neyde' is tired, old, and was never really funny to begin with.
You have a point.

- The "Femme Fatale Tour" was more entertaning than Walkcusney
Absolutely not. I'm not a fan of the Walcus tour either, but Britney looked way more energetic on that, and the production was amazing. Femme Fatale tour was a tragic, cheap mess. She looked bloated and stiff, the costumes were shitty and the production looked like it was made with 2.60 dollars-

- The GP is not here for another Britney album where its main focus is on *** and making love. This isn't 2004 anymore and I wish her team would make note of that for B10.
The gp is not here for anything about Britney actually

- Constant lip-syncing has damaged Britney's reputation as a serious singer/songwriter and has done a lot of harm to her career.
Of course, not really an unpopular opinion

- I'm glad Britney performed at the BBMA's but the transitions between the songs was messy and she looked uncomfortable for a majority of the performance. 
It's true. The performance was good for Currentney standards though.

- "Mood Ring" sounds unfinished which really destroys the song for me. 
True, and I really hate how robotic her vocals sound.

- G-Eazy ruins "Make Me..." for me. Nothing but a C-list quack who ruined the song for a lot of the GP, thus further diminishing her star power. She deserved to have someone more respected and experienced for a lead single like that.
Make Me sounds so empty without G-Eazy though.

- Even though it's a cover, "I'll Never Stop Loving You" is Britney's most underrated song. Second is probably "When Your Eyes Say It."
True.

- "Toxic" is one of Britney's best songs and I'm tired of her stanbase calling it overrated. There is a reason why it made all the decade-end lists naming it one of the best pop songs. It's rated good because it's a FACT.
True. Toxic is groundbreaking, probably the best pop song of the last 20 years.

- "Blackout" should have included more personal, meaningful work a la "Let Go", "Baby Boy", "Just Yesterday", etc.
No. Circus needed this kind of feeling. Blackout is trashy, fun, crazy, dark, in your face as Britney was in that period. It wouldn't have been so amazing with really "personal" sad songs.

- "If U Seek Amy" music video is overrated and deserved better visuals. 
True. It's boring and pointless.

- "Crossroads" isn't that bad of a film. It's actually very comforting to watch and is nothing more than a gift from Britney to her fans during her peak. 
True. It's not good either though.

- "Me Against the Music" is an amazing track and an incredible lead single for ITZ. 
I've loved it back in the days and I still do now, but it needed to be the SECOND single after Toxic. Things would have been so different.

- Britney needs a latin pop inspired song. Closest thing we have our the  verses in "BTMYH" and the spanish guitar in "WAYK". 
No Seas Cortes says HELLO *****

- Britney needed more Y2K-aesthetic inspired music videos that capitalized on the synthetic or metallic-looking materials, inflatable furniture, moon-boot footwear and alien-inspired hairstyles circa 1998 to 2002.
No.

- Britney's 2000 VMA performance is FLAWLESS, but slightly overrated. She messed up her que at the beginning of "Satisfaction", her hair was a hot mess, and she was standing on that spinning thing for a majority of "Oops" which left her afar from center stage all the way in the back. The ending of the performance was everything though.
No. Everything about the performance is really iconic. It was Britney at her peak.

- "I Love Rock 'n' Roll" is her sexiest music video. She was literally on fire in that video. 
True, but Slave wins for me.

- "I'm A Slave 4 U" needed a rapper from that time to be featured on the track which not only would have been great exposure for an urban audience, but also because the song starts getting repetitive 2/3 throughout the way.
No. Slave is perfect, her best song. It still sounds new nowadays, it's just beyond.

- The "OIDIA" plexi glass scene needed better visuals and more special effects. 
True!

- Justin Timberlake was her sexiest boyfriend.
True!

- "FTBOMBH" was an awful single choice. The song is dull and goes nowhere. "IWBT", "INSLY" >>>>>
True!

- I hate how her label manipulated the "squeaky/baby" tone upon her so early on in her career until it became subconscious to her.  It was cute and all, and catapulted her star quality as an icon but it halted her growth as a serious artist in more ways than you can imagine.
Absolutely true.

- If Britney wants to gain relevancy again, she needs to reinvent her entire image, sound, and put the lip-syncing away or use pre-recorded vocals. 
THIS. Absolutely yes. She needs to reinvent her look, her attitude, her dancing, her sound, her image and use prerecorded vocals. She's not cool anymore for GP.

- "Tell Me (Am I A Sinner)", "Let Go", and "Dramatic" are Britney's best unreleased songs. 
Untitled Lullaby, Welcome To Me, Strangest Love >

- "Cry Me A River" is an amazing song.
It was good.

- While Nigel **** gave her some amazing videos, he is overrated and I wish she worked with Wayne Isham more.
This

- Britney performs better in pants, even during her prime. She needs to put the leotards away once and for all (even though this is a popular opinion.)
This

- "What It's Like To Be Me" deserved to be a single. 
Not really. Before The Goodbye deserved to be a single.

• 1 year later...

How'd I miss this? I love Unpopular Opinions threads:toocute:

Work ***** and HIAM are awful lead singles and songs. At least WB has a humor factor in it and a somewhat well known catch phrase, HIAM has zero redeeming qualities.

Alien is one of the best songs of her career. A total underrated gem.

POM seems like it's a pretty damn good show. I'm not sure what more people would want/expect from her at this point (besides live singing but that's a whole different topic).

Pretty Girls isn't as bad as ya'll make it out to be. I like it more than HIAM. 

Inside Out isn't that great, but I do like it. 

Glory is her best album imo, ITZ is great but it's a little overrated. 

Everytime is her most overrated ballad, but I do love it. 

ILRNR is an awesome performance.

Circus (album) is incredibly underrated. One of my favorites from her. 

Stay tuned for more:staysalty:

Femme Fatale is a great record, maybe the second-best in her discography

The 'Britney' era is massively overrated by fans; at the time, it was viewed as something of a disaster; her sales plummeted from 10 million to 4 million, only one of the singles even made the Top 40, the lip-syncing was getting embarrassing, and the public largely sided with Justin Timberlake on the breakup question; Britney was no longer 'cool'. Britney did a great job that era and it was a great era for fans - but 2002 was a difficult year for Britney. Everything looks like it worked out now because we know Toxic came and revived her career. But there was no guarantee of a Toxic coming for her in 2002. Baby One More Time made Britney a star, but Toxic gave her a career.

A lot of Britney's best songs are buried deep in the track list: Trouble for Me, Let Me Be, Can't Make You Love Me

Rebellion isn't a very good song

'Old Britney' had a lot of corny armography moves too; we just remember the really great stuff and pretend it was like that all the time

Circus and Glory aren't as good as fans think they are

Britney Jean isn't a terrible record -- just messy and rushed

Britney's dancing nowadays is serviceable; the fans are so dramatic and sap the joy out of all the performances because they aren't perfect; a lot of people rather like that Britney is a human, all too human performer

Clumsy is f**king awesome

Mmm Papi is a great song, very zany, lots of fun; people are too f**king seeeeerious

Britney collaborating with so many artists in recent years spoiled some of her mystery, which was sustained in part by her aloofness

Getting on S&M with Rihanna was a brilliant move

The Femme Fatale Tour was a ton of fun

5 hours ago, Someone Who Knows said:

The 'Britney' era is massively overrated by fans; at the time, it was viewed as something of a disaster; her sales plummeted from 10 million to 4 million, only one of the singles even made the Top 40, the lip-syncing was getting embarrassing, and the public largely sided with Justin Timberlake on the breakup question; Britney was no longer 'cool'. Britney did a great job that era and it was a great era for fans - but 2002 was a difficult year for Britney. Everything looks like it worked out now because we know Toxic came and revived her career. But there was no guarantee of a Toxic coming for her in 2002. Baby One More Time made Britney a star, but Toxic gave her a career.

A lot of Britney's best songs are buried deep in the track list: Trouble for Me, Let Me Be, Can't Make You Love Me

'Old Britney' had a lot of corny armography moves too; we just remember the really great stuff and pretend it was like that all the time

Britney's dancing nowadays is serviceable; the fans are so dramatic and sap the joy out of all the performances because they aren't perfect; a lot of people rather like that Britney is a human, all too human performer

Mmm Papi is a great song, very zany, lots of fun; people are too f**king seeeeerious

Britney collaborating with so many artists in recent years spoiled some of her mystery, which was sustained in part by her aloofness

I half agree with your assessment on the 'Britney' era. It was a fun and full era, but unfortunately, there were signs that her personal life was heading south. Yeah. 

6 hours ago, Someone Who Knows said:

Wow, good to know there are some insightful Britney stans left. Rare to find nowadays. I agree with almost your entire list, to a certain extent.

I would just say that while I think Femme Fatale is a fantastic album, it's not her second best. It's definitely up there though.

And I don't believe the Britney era is as overrated as you think but I do believe the Britney era was poorly managed. Keep in mind, that was also a transitional period during the music industry so Team Britney wasn't all to blame. She also had a lot going that catapulted her towards this massive superstardom; a multimillion dollar Pepsi deal, topping Forbes, a third consecutive #1, back-to-back RollingStone covers, etc. I think the problem was she eventually became overexposed in a negative light and that overshadowed her artistry.

Also, while Rebellion isn't her best, it's definitely her most mysterious unreleased track and I think that's why many have hyped it in the past. Ultimately, it holds a lot of meaning.

On the contrary, one thing I completely disagree with is Primeney's dancing and choreography. Primeney was all-around a technical dancer and didn't ever solely focus on arm movements. Currentney has the potential to be a great performer but she's too fidgety and her choreography is an absolute disaster/too Zumba-like. That's why many of us despise it.

22 hours ago, MissKnee said:

Unpopular Opinions
- Oops (the album) is trash, I prefer BJ:mcorangu: 

- Glory is Britney's best album so far fight me idc :lemmetellu:

- I like her new nose better 

- I lowkey like 2016POM better than the OHT

Yikes... like actual yikes. One shall never place Oops in the same caliber as BJ. Poor you. And Glory is far from her best. Try again. :drown:

Archived