Britney Spears: Unpopular Opinions

DignifiedLove

I'm probably gonna get a lot of flack but I was bored and thought that I post some of my unpopular opinions. I know I'm a little late to the party but if you haven't already, feel free to post yours below as well. :arianabye:

- "Clumsy" isn't as bad as some of you make it seem. It has potential to be a single over many other tracks.

- "3" is the most overrated song among her stanbase. Generic, auto-tuned trash and probably one of her worst singles. Let's keep it in 2009 where it belongs. 

- "Glory" is overhyped and isn't anywhere near her Holy Trinity. Half of the album is filler and none of the remaining tracks will succeed as singles hence why they're not releasing anything anymore. 

- "Britney" is SEVERELY underrated among her stanbase and doesn't get the respect it deserves. It's classic Britney. 

- "Work *****" is awful and the video is a massive dent in her lead single videography. It's just all over the place.

- Other than "3", "Radar" is another one of her overrated songs. The excessive synthesizers absolutely destroy the song.

- "Femme Fatale" had some amazing music videos that are her most underrated among her stanbase.

- "Boys (Co-Ed Remix)" is FIRE. She killed it and her collabing with Pharrell for a remix back in 02 was the perfect exposure she needed to stray away from her bubblegum image.

- As corny "I'm Not A Girl" is, it's actually a beautifully composed coming-of-age song and was well-received by critics. I love "NAG, NYAW" so much. 

- In retrospective, "Slumber Party" music video is overhyped and probably her most overrated music video this decade. We were just so thirsty for anything after "PG" and "Make Me..." that the Army ate it up. 

- "Circus" album vocals irk me and she sounds half asleep throughout the majority of the album. It ruins the album for me.

- "Womanizer" was not a good choice for a comeback single. THE VIDEO IS AMAZING but she needed a song to subliminally capitalize her return. The GP/fans were just so eager for a comeback that they just ate it up.

- 'Neyde' is tired, old, and was never really funny to begin with.  

- The "Femme Fatale Tour" was more entertaning than Walkcusney

- The GP is not here for another Britney album where its main focus is on *** and making love. This isn't 2004 anymore and I wish her team would make note of that for B10.  

- Constant lip-syncing has damaged Britney's reputation as a serious singer/songwriter and has done a lot of harm to her career.

- I'm glad Britney performed at the BBMA's but the transitions between the songs was messy and she looked uncomfortable for a majority of the performance. 

- "Mood Ring" sounds unfinished which really destroys the song for me. 

- G-Eazy ruins "Make Me..." for me. Nothing but a C-list quack who ruined the song for a lot of the GP, thus further diminishing her star power. She deserved to have someone more respected and experienced for a lead single like that.

- Even though it's a cover, "I'll Never Stop Loving You" is Britney's most underrated song. Second is probably "When Your Eyes Say It."

- "Toxic" is one of Britney's best songs and I'm tired of her stanbase calling it overrated. There is a reason why it made all the decade-end lists naming it one of the best pop songs. It's rated good because it's a FACT.

- "Blackout" should have included more personal, meaningful work a la "Let Go", "Baby Boy", "Just Yesterday", etc.

- "If U Seek Amy" music video is overrated and deserved better visuals. 

- "Crossroads" isn't that bad of a film. It's actually very comforting to watch and is nothing more than a gift from Britney to her fans during her peak. 

- "Me Against the Music" is an amazing track and an incredible lead single for ITZ. 

- Britney needs a latin pop inspired song. Closest thing we have our the  verses in "BTMYH" and the spanish guitar in "WAYK". 

- Britney needed more Y2K-aesthetic inspired music videos that capitalized on the synthetic or metallic-looking materials, inflatable furniture, moon-boot footwear and alien-inspired hairstyles circa 1998 to 2002.

- Britney's 2000 VMA performance is FLAWLESS, but slightly overrated. She messed up her que at the beginning of "Satisfaction", her hair was a hot mess, and she was standing on that spinning thing for a majority of "Oops" which left her afar from center stage all the way in the back. The ending of the performance was everything though.

- "I Love Rock 'n' Roll" is her sexiest music video. She was literally on fire in that video. 

- "I'm A Slave 4 U" needed a rapper from that time to be featured on the track which not only would have been great exposure for an urban audience, but also because the song starts getting repetitive 2/3 throughout the way. 

- The "OIDIA" plexi glass scene needed better visuals and more special effects. 

- Justin Timberlake was her sexiest boyfriend. 

- "FTBOMBH" was an awful single choice. The song is dull and goes nowhere. "IWBT", "INSLY" >>>>>

- I hate how her label manipulated the "squeaky/baby" tone upon her so early on in her career until it became subconscious to her.  It was cute and all, and catapulted her star quality as an icon but it halted her growth as a serious artist in more ways than you can imagine.

- If Britney wants to gain relevancy again, she needs to reinvent her entire image, sound, and put the lip-syncing away or use pre-recorded vocals. 

- "Tell Me (Am I A Sinner)", "Let Go", and "Dramatic" are Britney's best unreleased songs. 

- "Cry Me A River" is an amazing song.

- While Nigel **** gave her some amazing videos, he is overrated and I wish she worked with Wayne Isham more.

- Britney performs better in pants, even during her prime. She needs to put the leotards away once and for all (even though this is a popular opinion.)

- "What It's Like To Be Me" deserved to be a single. 

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You basically said her whole career is overrated. :plzexplain:

I agree with Britney as an underrated album though. 

The only good performances she has done in years are both BBMA performances.

She should focus on vocals. The fanbase is torn on this.

I love pure pop Britney. I'm one of the few that don't want BO 2.0 

1 minute ago, Spearsfan said:

You basically said her whole career is overrated. :plzexplain:

I agree with Britney as an underrated album though. 

The only good performances she has done in years are both BBMA performances.

She should focus on vocals. The fanbase is torn on this.

I love pure pop Britney. I'm one of the few that don't want BO 2.0 

Not really. Britney is actually one of the most underrated artists of our time when it comes to her art, vision and ability to influence others as a pop artist. I think a lot of her stans just overrate and underrate some of her material hence why this is an "unpopular opinion" thread. 

Just now, DignifiedLove said:

Not really. Britney is actually one of the most underrated artists of our time when it comes to her art, vision and ability to influence others as a pop artist. I think a lot of her stans just overrate and underrate some of her material hence why this is an "unpopular opinion" thread. 

I suppose even though I disagree with a lot. 3 isn't overrated at all. It's barely talked about tbh

I guess I would also throw in I think more ppl don't want to be involved with current Britney than fans like to think. 

6 minutes ago, pieceof15yearold*loveyall said:

I was questioning your taste the whole thing until "Justin Timberlake was her hottest boyfriend" appeared, then I knew you are a lost soul.

To each their own though.

As if any of her other men were any better. :boredashell:

I'll keep you in my prayers, dear. If you are a fan, you shouldn't be questioning a majority of my opinions to begin with. TTYS.  :arianabye:

28 minutes ago, DignifiedLove said:

- The GP is not here for another Britney album where its main focus is on *** and making love. This isn't 2004 anymore and I wish her team would make note of that for B10.

this is so true!

29 minutes ago, DignifiedLove said:

but this :meltdown:

Just now, DignifiedLove said:

As dreadful as the outfits were, HIAM, Slave, and TTWE >>>>> anything from Walkcus Tour. :arianabye:

In HIAM she danced for 20 seconds, in Slave she did the old choreo and it wasn't a good idea for FFney and yes TTWE was a cool performance but the "see the sunlight" part was terrible, she was bored af.

Even Everytime in playback was better than the whole FF Tour :arianabye:

ps. i agree with the rest of your list sis :snapney:

33 minutes ago, DignifiedLove said:

- "Clumsy" isn't as bad as some of you make it seem. It has potential to be a single over many other tracks.

- "Britney" is SEVERELY underrated among her stanbase and doesn't get the respect it deserves. It's classic Britney. 

- "Femme Fatale" had some amazing music videos that are her most underrated among her stanbase.

- In retrospective, "Slumber Party" music video is overhyped and probably her most overrated music video this decade. We were just so thirsty for anything after "PG" and "Make Me..." that the Army ate it up. 

- "Circus" album vocals irk me and she sounds half asleep throughout the majority of the album. It ruins the album for me.

- "Womanizer" was not a good choice for a comeback single. THE VIDEO IS AMAZING but she needed a song to subliminally capitalize her return. The GP/fans were just so eager for a comeback that they just ate it up.

- Constant lip-syncing has damaged Britney's reputation as a serious singer/songwriter and has done a lot of harm to her career.

- I'm glad Britney performed at the BBMA's but the transitions between the songs was messy and she looked uncomfortable for a majority of the performance. 

- "Mood Ring" sounds unfinished which really destroys the song for me. 

- G-Eazy ruins "Make Me..." for me. Nothing but a C-list quack who ruined the song for a lot of the GP, thus further diminishing her star power. She deserved to have someone more respected and experienced for a lead single like that.

- "Toxic" is one of Britney's best songs and I'm tired of her stanbase calling it overrated. There is a reason why it made all the decade-end lists naming it one of the best pop songs. It's rated good because it's a FACT.

- "Blackout" should have included more personal, meaningful work a la "Let Go", "Baby Boy", "Just Yesterday", etc.

- "If U Seek Amy" music video is overrated and deserved better visuals. 

- "Me Against the Music" is an amazing track and an incredible lead single for ITZ. 

- Justin Timberlake was her sexiest boyfriend. 

- I hate how her label manipulated the "squeaky/baby" tone upon her so early on in her career until it became subconscious to her.  It was cute and all, and catapulted her star quality as an icon but it halted her growth as a serious artist in more ways than you can imagine.

- If Britney wants to gain relevancy again, she needs to reinvent her entire image, sound, and put the lip-syncing away or use pre-recorded vocals. 

- "Cry Me A River" is an amazing song.

This 100%.

5 minutes ago, CriminalLegend said:

In HIAM she danced for 20 seconds, in Slave she did the old choreo and it wasn't a good idea for FFney and yes TTWE was a cool performance but the "see the sunlight" part was terrible, she was bored af.

Even Everytime in playback was better than the whole FF Tour :arianabye:

ps. i agree with the rest of your list sis :snapney:

Thank you for agreeing with my opinions for the most part. Xo :arianabye:

Just now, Dynasty said:

stopped reading at you calling 3 trash, you're an uncultured swine, bye

"3" is garbage. Hence why it's one of the first ones up there. Ironic how that and "Radar" somehow seem to attract all the uncultured swines with **** taste in pop music but go off. I'll stick to the classics from BOMT-Blackout instead. :queenriri:

18 minutes ago, DignifiedLove said:

"3" is garbage. Hence why it's one of the first ones up there. Ironic how that and "Radar" somehow seem to attract all the uncultured swines with **** taste in pop music but go off. I'll stick to the classics from BOMT-Blackout instead. :queenriri:

if it was garbage it wouldnt have done better as a stand alone single than all other other bomt and blackout singles (except for the iconic bomt). ***** please, its your own opinion against opinions of millions of people+billboard+mtv+all the other charts+radio stations, how can someone be so self indulgent anyway? :ponderney:

-Shaving head maybe caused her a lot of problems but beside  it was so ******* cool act from princess to rebel 

- Oh la la it's completely not mine song, i never listen to it but i think it was a great idea. I know a lot of kids who loves the song and video 

-Before the Goodbye it it released as a single it would be one of her classics

Archived