Britney Spears: Unpopular Opinions

DignifiedLove

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest $elfish

-I love scream and shout,Clumsy,pretty girls 

- I hate every single song on britney except the singles and lonely 

-Bomt wasn't that good only had 2 good songs born to make you happy and baby one more time 

-OIDA is my least favorite album from Britney 

-Lucky is annoying

-I despise dont let me be the last to know and outta this world 

-I loved the circus and femme fatale tour I would much rather see them than Pom 

-I'm happy Aton of unreleased Britney songs weren't released , the only good ones are love 2 love u and rebellion

6 hours ago, Blackout in the Glory Zone said:

-I love scream and shout,Clumsy,pretty girls 

- I hate every single song on britney except the singles and lonely 

-Bomt wasn't that good only had 2 good songs born to make you happy and baby one more time 

-OIDA is my least favorite album from Britney 

-Lucky is annoying

-I despise dont let me be the last to know and outta this world 

-I loved the circus and femme fatale tour I would much rather see them than Pom 

-I'm happy Aton of unreleased Britney songs weren't released , the only good ones are love 2 love u and rebellion

Sis. I really hope you're trolling. :nobitch:

1. PG is AWFUL.

2. How can you say that about the "Britney" album when it has "I Run Away", "WILTBM", and so many other gems. 

3. BOMT also has some underrated gems and she SERVES vocals. 

4. How in the world is Oops you least favorite Britney album? That's usually regarded as her best, is quintessential Britney and the blueprint for pop music in the 2000's. MESS. MESS. MESS. Oh, and don't you dare trash "Lucky" again. :nobitch:

5. Oh, and Britney has a wide array of unreleased gems that are actually amazing, not just those two that you included. :nobitch:

Rightfully speaking, you should have your stan card revoked. I will not tolerate BOMT, Oops, AND Britney slander, as well as PG praise in one post. :nobitch:

8 hours ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Ew at some of these. Slave did not need some tacky rent a rapper. That would kill the sultriness of the track wyd?

Disagree. The song basically just repeats itself halfway throughout. The beat goes hard but a hip-hop feature/cameo with an officially released remix would have given the track more exposure to a hip-hop audience. The "Light Your *** On Fire REMIX" best represents what I'm talking about. Nothing too extreme but just enough to add a little more flavor. 

6 minutes ago, DignifiedLove said:

Disagree. The song basically just repeats itself halfway throughout. The beat goes hard but a hip-hop feature/cameo with an officially released remix would have given the track more exposure to a hip-hop audience. The "Light Your *** On Fire REMIX" best represents what I'm talking about. Nothing too extreme but just enough to add a little more flavor. 

The thing is, that wouldn't have favored her at all. She was banned from American radio because of the Pepsi deal. Internationally, the song was a smash. It didn't need a push. A rent-a-rapper would have just wasted time because they would have shot a new video and spent money on promotion because she was everywhere during the Britney era. It would have held up Overprotected's release and having another worldwide smash. Something like that is best suited for a final single to milk whatever is left of the era, like what they did for Boys or what was planned for Outrageous with Snoop Dogg.

- inside out is overrated

- slumber party is one of the average songs of Glory

- make me is underrated

- make me official video is actually pretty good

- the statement above is false

- 75% of her fame is due to her image/appearance, not music. this includes video costumes as well

- i wanna go is one of my favorite songs of hers

- gimme more video is one of her worst up to date

- ITZ era had a good album but Britney herself was pretty trashy back then

- Britney album is very underrated

- don't let me be the last to know music video is boring and bland, the song is great though

- work ***** is one of her worst singles/songs in her career

(more to come)

- Britney Jean is not a bad album overall

- Inside Out is pretty overrated (not bad, just overrated), same with Cinderella (still love it though)

- Criminal is a pretty good song and I still don't regret it being single #4 from Femme Fatale (well granted I live in Brazil and it was a big hit here, probably FF's most successful song, GP knows it pretty well here)

- Pretty Girls isn't atrocious. Sure, it's not single material and Igloo's just not good, but it's a fun bop.

- the Femme Fatale Tour was a fun tour, I liked it. Better than Circus imo

- Clumsy is a pretty good song and I'm honestly confused to why half the fanbase hates it so much

- Anticipating is a wonderful song and should've been a worldwide single from Britney, not just being limited to France

23 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

The thing is, that wouldn't have favored her at all. She was banned from the radio because of the Pepsi deal. Internationally, the song was a smash. It didn't need a push. A rent-a-rapper would have just wasted time in the US market because they would have shot a new video and spend money on promotion because she was everywhere during the Britney era. It would have held up Overprotected's release and having another worldwide smash. Something like that is best suited for a final single to milk whatever is left of the era, like what they did for Boys or what was planned for Outrageous with Snoop Dogg.

They wouldn't even have needed to re-shoot the video had they decided to go that route. It just would have been a cute little exposure that would have been a benefit as I've always envisioned someone like Busta Rhymes. 

In retrospective, that whole era during 2001 and post-9/11 was a very transitional time for the music industry. The teen pop/latin pop wave was just dying down after its massive 3 year peak and you had more hip-hop influence that became transparent for many of the pop artists of that time. Britney recorded a majority of her third album during early-mid 2001 so when the time came for her to release the album, the U.S., in particular, was over that Max Martin "pop" sound, yet her team wanted to milk it for all it worth because they had quality material. I always thought that if Britney released that album during the summer of 2001, it would have done exceptionally better because by late 2001/early 2002, all the pop artists releasing material were remixing their songs to fit into a more urban audience. NSYNC, JLo, BSB, etc. 

It's a shame because a lot of the material Britney recorded during 2001 and 2002 was left unreleased because her team probably saw potential to release them at a later time post-Crossroads, but by the time her 4th album came along, that sound had also died.  It's interesting because pop music had so much of an interchanging transition in just two to four years alone.  

1 minute ago, DignifiedLove said:

They wouldn't even have needed to re-shoot the video had they decided to go that route. It just would have been a cute little exposure that would have been a benefit as I've always envisioned someone like Busta Rhymes. 

In retrospective, that whole era during 2001 and post-9/11 was a very transitional time for the music industry. The teen pop/latin pop wave was just dying down after its massive 3 year peak and you had more hip-hop influence that became transparent for many of the pop artists of that time. Britney recorded a majority of her third album during early-mid 2001 so when the time came for her to release the album, the U.S., in particular, was over that Max Martin "pop" sound, yet her team wanted to milk it for all it worth because they had quality material. I always thought that if Britney released that album during the summer of 2001, it would have done exceptionally better because by late 2001/early 2002, all the pop artists releasing material were remixing their songs to fit into a more urban audience. NSYNC, JLo, BSB, etc. 

It's a shame because a lot of the material Britney recorded during 2001 and 2002 was left unreleased because her team probably saw potential to release them at a later time post-Crossroads, but by the time her 4th album came along, that sound had also died.  It's interesting because pop music had so much of an interchanging transition in just four years alone.  

I sort of agree... but at the same time, I'm glad Britney did what she did in 2001 because she became a pioneer in that transition. Slave was a huge curveball because Bombastic Love was originally set to be the lead single. B fought for Slave and it paid off because nobody was expecting such a huge shift in her sound. That VMA performance debut left everybody SHOOK. It wasn't only a shift in her sound, but in her style / aesthetic and performing as well. Her choreo started becoming more sensual like the style Shakira was making popular during her crossover era.

If she would have released later, she would have gotten lost in the mix as a trend follower, not a trend setter. Also, while the album did not end up being cohesive because of the two different sounds, it paid off because she didn't alienate that young teen pop fanbase and yet still retained her "cool" with the teen audience that was moving onto the urban scene with JLO, Aaliyah, etc.

I want that Larry Rudolph back. The one that was ahead of the game. Britney's early years (1999-2003) were immaculate. They played all their cards right and whatever obstacle was thrown, they overcame.

Archived