Britney Spears: Unpopular Opinions

DignifiedLove

Hmm... here are a few of mine:

She should let her botox/fillers/fun stuff fade. I'm pretty sure she does it to get rid of wrinkles and tighten her skin, but I'd much rather her look like the Britney we recognize, just older, than a completely different person. When comparing her look from the 2017 Radio Disney Awards (fresh from the surgeon) to the 2018 GLAAD Awards (presumably having let the fillers fade for a while), she looked tremendously better and more natural in the latter.

Femme Fatale was actually an amazing era in terms of music and tour production. The remixes were FIRE and the album was a bop through and through.

The Circus tour is one of my favorites. Even with the reduced dancing, she had such amazing presence and was absolutely stunning. 

Britney is at a MUCH better place now than she ever was during her prime years. Not only does she prioritize health and fitness once again, but all of the emotional baggage and immaturity from back then is basically completely gone. She's also always, always been an amazing mother, and since they were born has clearly been much more deserving of custody of her boys than that nasty leech K-Fed.

Britney didn't actually do any serious ***** habitually in 2006-08 (besides smoking, adderall, alcohol). Rather, she was just severely depressed and surrounded by horrible people, and as the saying goes, you are your environment.

Additionally, if she had done ***** like crystal **** or *******, there's no way she would've looked basically the same as before during her 2008 comeback performances. It was the meds she was on a couple of years later that aged her so quickly, before that she basically looked amazing for her age.

She doesn't actually have a "bad album" (except, of course, for Brenda Joan) - each album sounds amazing and greatly reflects her artistry and image during the era in which they were released, especially Blackout and Glory. 

Womanizer is the best Britney song to dance to. 

Ooh Ooh Baby, BOM, and Love Me Down are the best Britney songs to have *** to.

Britney would've been much better off without the constraints of the conservatorship or taking heavy psychiatric medications between 2010-14. She didn't really need them, she just needed some support and healthy coping mechanisms, which she has now.

Britney's a lot smarter and more creative than almost everyone gives her credit for. She came up with the ideas for her most iconic music videos (BOMT, OIDIA, Womanizer, Toxic, Slave) and if she had more control over her career, she'd still be making the same sorts of iconic music videos. Sadly though, now all her team cares about is making her target audience as big as possible, to the expense of way too little actual creative or interesting content being produced.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought of a few:

1. I HATE "Make Me". It doesn't have anything to do with the video controversy, I just never warmed up to the song in general. Thought it was the weakest lead single for a Britney album.

2. I like "Pretty Girls". It's a catchy song and I clicked with it right away. Wasn't crazy about the video and details about Iggy's controversies don't get in my way. I'm somebody that doesn't really keep track with a lot of up to date entertainers so I don't really even know what she's said or done to piss everybody off.

3. I don't really mind a lot of Britney's performing costumes. 

4. I'm not a fan of the times she sings live on social media. I'd said on the latest thread for her singing "Think" that I think it just looks bad for a singer to only sing live on her Instagram account. 

On 4/16/2018 at 8:36 PM, armrunner1998 said:

Hmm... here are a few of mine:

She should let her botox/fillers/fun stuff fade. I'm pretty sure she does it to get rid of wrinkles and tighten her skin, but I'd much rather her look like the Britney we recognize, just older, than a completely different person. When comparing her look from the 2017 Radio Disney Awards (fresh from the surgeon) to the 2018 GLAAD Awards (presumably having let the fillers fade for a while), she looked tremendously better and more natural in the latter.

Femme Fatale was actually an amazing era in terms of music and tour production. The remixes were FIRE and the album was a bop through and through.

The Circus tour is one of my favorites. Even with the reduced dancing, she had such amazing presence and was absolutely stunning. 

Britney is at a MUCH better place now than she ever was during her prime years. Not only does she prioritize health and fitness once again, but all of the emotional baggage and immaturity from back then is basically completely gone. She's also always, always been an amazing mother, and since they were born has clearly been much more deserving of custody of her boys than that nasty leech K-Fed.

Britney didn't actually do any serious ***** habitually in 2006-08 (besides smoking, adderall, alcohol). Rather, she was just severely depressed and surrounded by horrible people, and as the saying goes, you are your environment.

Additionally, if she had done ***** like crystal **** or *******, there's no way she would've looked basically the same as before during her 2008 comeback performances. It was the meds she was on a couple of years later that aged her so quickly, before that she basically looked amazing for her age.

She doesn't actually have a "bad album" (except, of course, for Brenda Joan) - each album sounds amazing and greatly reflects her artistry and image during the era in which they were released, especially Blackout and Glory. 

Womanizer is the best Britney song to dance to. 

Ooh Ooh Baby, BOM, and Love Me Down are the best Britney songs to have *** to.

Britney would've been much better off without the constraints of the conservatorship or taking heavy psychiatric medications between 2010-14. She didn't really need them, she just needed some support and healthy coping mechanisms, which she has now.

Britney's a lot smarter and more creative than almost everyone gives her credit for. She came up with the ideas for her most iconic music videos (BOMT, OIDIA, Womanizer, Toxic, Slave) and if she had more control over her career, she'd still be making the same sorts of iconic music videos. Sadly though, now all her team cares about is making her target audience as big as possible, to the expense of way too little actual creative or interesting content being produced.

I'm not so sure about that bold part. Didn't Jodie Sweetin (Stephanie on Full House/Fuller House) have a very bad crystal **** addiction? She looks amazing considering what she went through. She's my main example.

And this might be a wild card that everybody will call bullshit on, I think Charlie Sheen looks fantastic for all the **** he's went through with his troubles. He looks like a naturally aged version of himself instead of looking like he got he got dragged through the ringer. I think he has teeth problems and he wears a flipper (?) over what's left of his real teeth. lmao, I won't be butthurt if somebody replies back and tells me if I need to get my eyes tested for the Charlie example. :haha:

45 minutes ago, glitterfalls said:

I'm not so sure about that bold part. Didn't Jodie Sweetin (Stephanie on Full House/Fuller House) have a very bad crystal **** addiction? She looks amazing considering what she went through. She's my main example.

And this might be a wild card that everybody will call bullshit on, I think Charlie Sheen looks fantastic for all the **** he's went through with his troubles. He looks like a naturally aged version of himself instead of looking like he got he got dragged through the ringer. I think he has teeth problems and he wears a flipper (?) over what's left of his real teeth. lmao, I won't be butthurt if somebody replies back and tells me if I need to get my eyes tested for the Charlie example. :haha:

This is a good point lol. I would even add Whitney Houston to that list. Whitney Houston had been doing ******* for like a decade before she showed up at the MJ anniversary looking different and ppl started realizing something was wrong

also court docs stated her **** use and her parents also detailed how she was being given ***** in their court case. And why would they lie under oath? its just a fact I think fans don’t want to believe. :-/

Unpopular opinions: 

Britney has way more potential than I think we’ve seen and sadly I don’t think we’ll ever see her reach the height of it :-/

The Britney era is my favorite, even better than blackout. The songs, her looks, her performances. She seemed genuinely happy and proud of where her career had progressed to. Even though the Blackout album is flawless, her personal drama during that time clouds it and I almost can’t listen to the songs without thinking of how insane that time was. 

I don’t think she ever cheated on Justin and something else happened that caused their breakup. CMAR and Everytime don’t paint a whole picture. 

I don’t hate Kevin. The only thing I hate is him accepting her proposal instead of just dating. But he had already proved what type of man he was and she thought she knew better, didn’t listen to anyone and took a pregnant woman’s fiancé from his family. (And before ppl start acting like she didn’t, Shar definitely did interviews and said she broke up their family. Brit was getting her Khloé Kardashian on lol) Kevin just did what he was always going to do lol and I think as fans we should recognize she was responsible too.

I’m glad her father placed her in a c-ship. She was spiraling and we have no indicator that she was ever going to pull it together herself. Ppl say oh her kids saved her but she definitely had two small kids at home when she was acting wild and clubbing every night. They did not save her, her dad did. And I also think how well she’s doing is based on the structure her dad requires her to have now tbh

I don’t think her dancing/performing skills will have a rejuvenation or a primeney 2.0. We’ll still get good music, but I think we’ve seen the best we’re going to see in terms of performing.  

Archived