What's the biggest bullet The Army has dodged?

BoyToySoldier

3 hours ago, Million Billion said:

Actually in 2006 or 2007 an article came out claiming Britney wasnt who sings in her songs (in Toxic to be exact) and it was a swedish girl named EMMA something (cant remember her last name) and it said she went to a swedish tv show to talk about it and "proof" she was who actually sang in Toxic. At the time I was like "this untalented girl is just looking for fame, obviously it would never happen, that's stupid. Britney is the most important popstar in the entire world. It's stupid trying to shade someone as big as her"

Then, 7 years later the BJ it happened. :meltdown:

But answering your question, I guess the BJ's & Glory's low sales. Brit used to be always in the lead of sales however the chart peak position they ranked, the total sales are just tragic if we compare them to other current artist and Britney's previous albums. Media knows she did release new albums but the low sales are just a local fan base issue I guess. :forkit:

Mess it won

I found an article :orangu: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=12&ved=0ahUKEwjNyvu_g9_SAhXFLcAKHZ2eBhMQFghAMAs&url=http%3A%2F%2Fohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com%2F8549086.html&usg=AFQjCNE_cdoqlJ_12Aebr6I2Po_uHaGLsA&bvm=bv.149760088,d.eWE

't let me edit to add. Here ya go:

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Hunty said:

LOL! I can't understand a ****, does anyone speaks that language?? :lostney:

On the other hand we had this, that (at least) proves that at least her voice was in the actual song. We can't say that about the Bingo Jackpot album. 

My irrelevant thoughts on the Myah Marie fiasco are that even the people who did read/hear about it somewhere were not interested on trashing Britney anymore. In comparison to her situation a decade ago, I genuinely think a lot of the general public was done laughing at her misfortunes and started just praising whatever small thing she accomplished. I say this because I often see random Britney stuff being shared by my friends on Facebook, people that are in no way stans, and they're always positive. A lot of edits like "If Britney got through 2007, you can get through today" and etc. 

Sometimes the haters are so loud they make an impression, but I think people just choose to focus on the good now because she's been through enough and we all witnessed it. That stays with you I guess... It's an unfortunate mark on our generation and I'm sure it will be used as an example for a very long time. Pop culture is huge and Britney has left a big mark on it, for the good and bad.

And, to answer your question: I think we dodged the Timberlake/Timbaland bullet back in 2007/8. I'm super curious to see what that would be like (lbr it could still happen, she's been uncharacteristically dropping JT's name here and there lately), but back then it would have been a nightmare as he kept subtly mocking her on SNL and who knows where else.  Timbaland's reaction when she bailed on them was very telling, too.

Guest $elfish

I have a theory:madonna: what will will I flop payed myah Marie to get on the bj album have britney sing all the songs and then throw Britney's version and make myah sing them instead , then leak a tape recording of myah Marie flopping at singing alien so people would think it was britney and that she autotunes her mistakes :orly:

The Femme Fatale era

Don't get me wrong, the album did absolutely great, but her performances were SO BAD it hurts me just to think about it. It ruined Britney's image as a performer and that was the central piece of her career.

:sassybrit:

Archived